chapter 2

Roommates?

Hyoyeon's arrival part 2

 

 

 

I opened my eyes and saw that the plane is about to land in 1 minute. I gathered all my belongs and head out of the air plane with my backpack and shoulder bag. I put my sunglasses on and walked to the baggage claim to get my luggage. Then I thought I should call doojoon and tell him I landed safely.


"hello?"


"doojoonnie, I landed safe and sound. I really wish you we're here with me though."


"aww don't worry my choding. I'll visit you, like I promised."


"you better keep that promise. Look I'm getting my luggage right now. Is that ok if I hang up first. I'll call you tonight ok babe."


"mm ok, I love you."


"love you too, bye." I hung up and put my phone in my bag. I saw my white guitar case along with my luggage, I quickly took them both and walked outside to meet the fresh air of Seoul. A big truck suddenly passed by and now everything smelled worst. Oh well, at least I'm finally in Seoul. I really missed this place, especially eating Sam Gae Tang and dukbokki. Agioo I'm so hungry now but first I must meet my family members and also catch up with friends.


I hauled a taxi and the taxi driver drove me to my parents house. I thanked the kind man and grabbed my belonging out of the trunk. I thanked him once more and went up the stairs to the front door. I breathed in and out before knocking on the door.


*knock knock knock*


The door slightly opened and I saw my mother standing there looking younger usual. She opened the door completely revealing herself. I smiled and she already had tears rolling down her cheeks.


"annyeonghasyo     eomeoni." I bowed a 90 degrees angle and right when I went back up, she gave me a bear hug. I missed her hugs.


"omo hyoyeon. I missed you so much." she said in between sobs. Suddenly I heard some footsteps and yelling coming from inside.


"UMMA!!! where's my phone?!" I heard someone yell. A manly voice. Ah I know who. My mother stepped aside to give me some room to go in. Once I walked in my brother, min gyu, was standing at the bottom of the staircase with a shocked expression on his face. To tell you the truth, min gyu has gotten handsomer. He looks just like . . appa.


"noona! Welcome back!!" he jumped off the staircase and ran into my open arms.


"I'm so happy to see you. When did you come back? How come you didn't tell us you were coming back? Where's doojoon hyung? I can't believe your-"


"MIN GYU!!" my mother yelled. Min gyu stopped talking and quietly made his way to the living room. I chuckled at him and his cute pouting face he had.


"sit down sit down." my mother said. We chatted for a while and then it was already midnight. Min gyu helped me carry my belongings in my old room which happens to be made to a guest room.


"wow, you guy changed everything, huh." he nodded and carefully carried my luggage to the side of the guest room while I carried my guitar case, backpack, and shoulder bag on the bed.


"so . . How long are you staying?" he slid his hands in his pocket while leaning on the white wall.


"here in Korea or here in this house?"


"both."


"well I'm actually going back to my house where doojoon and I live." his face went from a smile to a frown. I walked up to him and placed my hands on his shoulders.


"hey at least on the bright side I'm actually staying here in Korea for now on." his frown turned upside down as he hugged me again.


"really noona? I'm so happy you are. So that means your done with your studies and everything?" I nodded. I never had this much bonding times with my brother. It feels great. Even though we fight a lot, I still love him.


"ok kiddo it's late. Let your noona rest from the plane ride back." he let go and did a salute sign to me before heading off to his room. I laughed at him as he made his way out. This kid is just . . Agioo.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


After an hour of unloading my things, I settled in bed. I fished out my phone and text doojoon about my first day in Seoul. After that, I set my phone on the table and turned off the lights.