chapter 23

Roommates?

Hyoyeon's past

*A/N: Hey guys i decided to type about hyoyeon's past so you can get a better look at her background information*

 

 

 

 

 

 




"oh hey what brings you here?" he asked the petite girl in front of him, who was looking around their apartment.


"oh Jessica noona. What brings you here?" Chanyeol asked when he walked out of his room and stood next to Donghae.


"I'm looking for Hyoyeon. Did you see her come back?" they shook their heads and Jessica sighed.


"weren't you just with her though?" Baekhyun asked coming from the kitchen.


"yes but we parted after that. I have to give her something."


"we could give-" Donghae was about to grab the papers in Jessica's hands but she snatched it away.


"-No!!" the guys looked at her surprised by her sudden action. "I mean no you can't, sorry. It's between us girls only." she explained.


"Jessica is something going on? Does it have to do with Hyoyeon's father?" Jessica was surprised that the guys knew about Hyoyeon's father.


"wait, did Hyoyeon tell you about her father?" she asked curiously. They shook their heads no.


"she didn't continue to tell us because when she was about to say something else, she ran into her room and cried that night." Luhan explained. "we didn't know what happened."


Jessica sighed and made her way to the couch to take a seat. The guys followed and sat around her.


"do you really want to know what happened? What really happened to her?" they nodded and Jessica took out the piece of paper in the file that she was holding onto and handed it to them.


"what's this noona?"


"it's her father's diary or journal. Whatever you wanna to call it."


"is this some secret letter that was torn out of the journal?"


"I wouldn't say secret but yes these are some missing pieces of his journal. It's really nothing important it's just what she's been looking for. Now do you want to hear the story or not."


"wait!" Donghae yelled. He got up and grabbed a bowl of chips and a can a beer from the kitchen to the living room. He seated himself down next to Chanyeol and said, "proceed please."


"well it all started 5 years ago when she was going to graduated from high school . . ."


"umma!! Appa!! Let's go we're late." the sixteen year old Minguk yelled from the living room.


"hold on Minguk. We'll make it on time. Don't worry." Minguk scoffed.


"I'm not the one worrying. It's noona who is. You know how she gets when we're late. It's not a pretty picture." Mr. Kim chuckled at his son. He patted his back and dragged him to the car while waiting for his wife to be done.


"I can't wait to see how noona looks like." Minguk said excitingly.


"that's the nicest thing you ever said about your sister before." Mr. Kim said while smiling at his son. Minguk scrunched his face up in horror.


"yuck. I'm not talking about that thing, I was talking about Jessica noona." Mr. Kim slapped the back of his head with a very disappointed look.


"don't say that about your sister." Minguk pouted and crossed his arm across his chest.



"wait a minute here. Did Minguk like you back then?" Donghae interrupted. Jessica rolled her eyes at him.


"apparently he did but that was before I became a famous fashion designer *clears throat* anyways moving on with the story."


"sorry."


"where was I? Oh yes . ."


After Mr. Kim scold Minguk, Mrs. Kim came walking out of the house and ran straight to the car.


"finally. What took you so long?" Mr. Kim asked his wife.


"don't worry about it. Let's go we're late."


After a couple of minutes of driving, they finally arrived at SMTown high. They found a perfect spot in the parking lot and got out of the car and walked into the school, where a bunch of families and friends stood in the hallways, waiting to be seated for the graduation.


"I can't believe she's all grown up. My little girl is all grown up." Mrs. Kim cried. Mr. Kim patted her back trying to calm her down.


"honey please stop. You're embarrassing us. No wonder people think we're crazy." he mumbled the last sentence but unfortunately for him, Mrs. Kim heard him and sent him a big slap on his arm.


"I'm kidding honey~. I love you." he cooed.


"agioo~ let's go they opened the doors." they walked in and sat in the front row, so that they could see their beautiful daughter graduate.


As all the seats in the auditorium started to fill in with families and friends, all the students at SMTown high started to come out in their blues gowns, taking their seats on the side of the auditorium.


The teachers, principles, and salutatorians spoke first in the ceremony, then came the valedictorians who presented each students' diplomas and did the closing speech of the ceremony. Slowly, the valedictorian called up each student and once everybody had their diplomas, the valedictorian made a quick speech to end the ceremony.


"Congratulations SMTown 2007 seniors!!" all the students whopped and shouted congratz to everybody while tossing their caps in the air, happy to finally graduate out of SMTown high. 



"argh, when is this going to end? You add to much detail, just skip to Hyoyeon's part!!" Donghae yelled frustrated by the story teller -a.k.a Jessica.


"YAY!! I was getting there. And I like to add details!! . . . Now where was I?"


"the end of the graduation." Baekhyun answered.


"oh right."


The petite brunette ran up to her parents excited to see them at her graduation.


"Umma. Appa. How was it? Did you see me? Did you tape it?" she curiously asked not even bothering to take a breath between each question.


"yes dear, we did. You look wonderful. Agioo you've grown up so big. *sniff* There goes my make-up." Mrs. Kim chuckled as she wiped her black tears away.


"oh umma don't cry. You're gonna make *sniff* me cry too." slowly her tears started to flow down but she quickly wiped it away, so her make-up wouldn't run down like her mothers.


"here, these are for you." Mr. Kim brought out flowers for his daughter. She smiled and kissed his cheek while mumbling a small thank you.


"now let's take a picture. Hyoyeon call Jessica over for a quick picture."


A upon hearing Jessica's name, Minguk's ear perked up. "I'll call her over!!" he was about to walk away but Hyoyeon held him back.


"no need, she's coming this way with her family." she pointed out as she saw a familiar blonde head walking their way.


"hey Hyoyeon." a male voice said from behind. She turned around to come face to face with Kai and his family coming from another direction.


"Kai. I can't believe we actually graduated!!" she squealed in happiness.


"now I can finally persuade my dreams."


"oh Hyoyeon did you tell you're parents yet?" she shook her head no.


"I'm going to tell them tonight. Don't worry."


"are you sure they will agree with you're decision?"


"I'm postive. Come let's go join the others." after saying their goodbyes and congratulations, each family split up in their own direction.


That night . . .


Hyoyeon called her parents down so she could talk to them about her dream and what she plans on doing from now on.


"Hyoyeonnie is something wrong?" her mother asked a bit tried from the graduation party.


"I have some exciting news for you. Please sit." they sat down across from her and Hyoyeon took a deep breath before telling them her big news.


"I had some plans about what I wanted to be when I graduate high school  . ."


"and?"


"and I decided to study in america-"


"-oh honey that's great!!" her mother beamed but her face fell as soon as Hyoyeon continued her sentence.


"as a dance instructor." her parents had disappointment in their eyes and she knew that they wouldn't agree but she doesn't want to give up her dream because of them.


"sweetie it's great that you want to be a dance instructor but why? Why do want to be that?" he mother asked concerned.


"I'm good at dancing and I want to study more about dance. It's my passion to be one and since I graudated I can-"


"-NO!!" she turned her gaze to her father as she saw how furious her father looks right now.


"Hyoyeon you can't waste you're time with that ridiclous passion. I won't allow you to waste you're time moving you're feet across the floor. I won't allow it. Pick something else beside that ridiculous thing." she abruptly stood up, anger ranged inside her. The words her father just said to her hurt so much. She always dreamed of becoming a famous dancer but her dreams were crushed by her own father's words.


"no!! I'm sorry father but I can't do that. Dancing is my life, I can't just follow you everywhere like a dumb lost puppy!!! I'm not you're stupid pet-"


SLAP.


"Don't you use that tone with me young lady. Now, you march on up to you're room and think about what you want to do with you're life instead of something stupid that can't get you anywhere."


"No!! You can't make me." with that she ran out of the house. Her father felt guilty for slapping her, so he ran after her.


The rain was tumbling down from the sky. She ran across the street close to her favorite park. Mr. Kim saw her running over there but since it was night time and it was raining he didn't see a car coming by at full speed. He stopped in the middle of the road as he caught the light beams of the car heading towards him.


The loud crash was heard and she stopped running. She slowly turned around and saw her father in front of the car with blood all over him.


Guilt rushed over her as she approached her father. His blood was flowing down the street. She kneeled in front of him as her tears slowly run down her cheeks . . .



"the seireens came and everything else around her was just a blur. She started spacing out. All she did was cry all day and night, feeling very guilty at what she did to him. She blames herself for killing her own father. So since then she followed what her father said to her and she stopped dancing forever." her tears trickled down her face as she slowly wiped them away with the back of her hand. Jessica and Hyoyeon are like sisters and Jessica was part of their family. She treated everyone of them like her own family.


A flood of memories came running in Jessica's mind as she pictured what happened to Hyoyeon's father and everything else. Every single detail was stored in Jessica's head. She couldn't forget those times, those unforgettable times.


An arm was wrapped around Jessica's shoulder as she cried silently on his chest.


"it's ok. Let it all out." Donghae said as he placed his chin on the top of her head. The other guys felt sad as they watched her cry like that. They have never seen Jessica cry before and it made them want to cry too.


It's sad to see her in pain but it's even more sad when they thought about Hyoyeon and her father. They didn't know the whole story about Hyoyeon's past.


Eunhyuk got off the couch and placed his hand on Jessica's shoulder. "thank you Jessica, for telling us this. You should stay here for tonight since it's pretty late." she nodded and Donghae helped her to Hyoyeon's room to set up her stuff.


"oh here, take the files with you." he handed her the files and she grabbed them from him.


"thanks guys. You guys are the best. No wonder Hyoyeon loves you guys so much." she said as she tried to subside her tears.


"it's our pleasure. Now go rest." they pushed her to Hyoyeon's room and she set up her stuff to get ready to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry I had to do that to Hyoyeon's father but thats how it went. Thank you everybody for commenting and subscribing.