chapter 25

Roommates?

New years kiss

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



He tapped his chin as he stared at the moonlight thinking about what the lad had asked him.


"when you say like, do you mean as a friend or as something else? Because-"


"-hyung stop stalling. Just answer me." he said seriously. Kikwang was taken aback by Chanyeol's sudden atitude towards him.


He heaved a sigh and turned to his dongseung. "I really do. I like her very much. I just can't ask her to be with me. It's hard for me." he stared down at his fingers as he started to peel off the rust from the railing that they leaned against.


Chanyeol patted his hyungs back and gave him a small smile. "if you like her that much I'll help you-" Kikwang's eyes lightened up by Chanyeol's words. Glee was spreading everywhere in his body but he stopped as soon as he thought about all this.


"theres a but coming isn't there?"


"-but I have one condition."


"and what's that?" he turned his full attention to Chanyeol as he places his hands on his hips.


"if I help you you have to promise me that you'll never hurt her. If you hurt her, I'll hunt you down like a deer." he glared but he then sent him a smile and patted his back. Kikwang gluped but he had second thoughts as soon as he saw how Chanyeol looked, yet he agreed even though he will never -in his life- ever hurt her.


"you got yourself a deal buddy." he clasped his hands together. "now what do I do first?" Chanyeol smiled and straighten out his jacket as he stood up straight.


"that's easy. Since it's new years you know what to do." Kikwang's jaws dropped to the ground as he stared at him in disbelief.


"are you kidding me?" Chanyeol cutely shook his head.


"of course not. I'm being serious."


"but I don't know what you mean." Chanyeol sighed and placed his hands on his shoulders.


"listen carefully ok." Kikwang nodded and Chanyeol continued. "since it's new years, what do you usually do on new years?"


He shrugged his shoulders and replied, "I don't know you eat, get drunk, and celebrate with the people around -*flick*- you OW!!" Kikwang was now rubbing his red forehead that was just suddenly flicked by one of his dongseung.


"what the hell?!"


"you idiot. Have you not dated before or what?" the younger shouted gaining peoples attention around them. He quickly apologized and lowered his voice down a bit.


"to tell you the truth, no I haven't but doesn't elementary school count?" Chanyeol sighed and placed his plam on his forehead as he shook his head in disappointment.


"you know what, I'm just gonna tell you what to do. When they start counting down to 1 and everybody shouts, 'happy new years!' you grab her and pull her in for a sweet and passionate kiss." he explained as his face was now close to  kikwang and Kikwang felt really uncomfortable.


"I'm sorry, did I break you're bromance moments." she coughed out. Chanyeol pulled away as soon as he heard her voice. They awkwardly stood for minutes until Domghae came and broke the awkwardness.


"hey guys Jessica just arrived let's go with her to the first floor, where theres even a bigger party going on." Donghae dragged Hyoyeon down but Chanyeol caught her hand and pulled her back immediately. Hyoyeon, who was in the middle, was confused and taken aback.


"Hyoyeon noona and Kikwang hyung should probably stay here."


"why?" the three asked in unison.


"because I want them . ." he paused to think first. "oh because I want you guys to take as many pictures of us as we're down there. It'll look cool trust me." before Hyoyeon could say anything, Chanyeol pulled Donghae along with him and ran down with the rest of the guys.


"that's a bad excuse." she laughed.


"well at least we can spend some time together." Kikwang answered.


"I guess. Oh look I see Chanyeol. Should we just take one for him?" he shrugged not really caring as long as he's with her. She snapped a photo of Chanyeol looking up at the stars with his arm around donghae's shoulder.


"umm so Hyoyeon. What's you're new years resolution?" she turned her full attention to Kikwang now and thought for a second.


"I want to forget about my past." Kikwang was confused.


"you're past. What happened in the past?" he asked but from the look on her face he regretted asking that question. "I-I didn't mean to ask that, I just-" she cut him off.


"oh no it's fine. Since you asked I'll tell you anyways." she sighed. "my father died about 5 years ago." Kikwang silently gasped.


"oh my gosh I'm sorry I asked that. I'm really sorry." she shook her head. "it's ok I'm trying really hard to forget but nothing is happening. So that's mine, what's yours?"


"well I want to actually start opening up to people. I'm usually shy around everybody."


She scoffed. "shy? You're not shy. When we first met you're the one who came to me first."


"correction, You're the one who fell and I happen to be there." she scratched the back of her neck while thinking of their first meeting. She finally nodded and pointed her finge at him.


"oh yes that's how it went. Sorry."


"there's not need to be sorry. I'm just stating the truth." he laughed.


Suddenly the crowd behind them started to count down. Kikwang thought about what Chanyeol had told him about the kiss, but he wasn't really sure if it would work. As they reached to 5, he became even more nervous. He turned around to see the rest of the gang already up there counting down with the rest of the crowd behind them. He spotted Chanyeol and Chanyeol sent him a wink mouthing 'you can do it.' before sending him a smile as well.


'ok Kikwang you can do this.' he turned back around and faced Hyoyeon who was counting down. Once she said 1, his lips swooped down to taste hers.


Hyoyeon was surprised but his sudden moment. She didn't know what to do but she felt like she wanted to kiss him back, so she did. She wrapped her shaking arms around his neck as they passionately kissed each other.


As they broke apart, their faces were blushed with red as they avoid eye contact with each other.


"umm . . . Happy . . Happy new years Hyoyeon." he stuttered. She smiled and pulled him in for another kiss, which caught him off guard.


"happy new years to you too." she mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you missed the last chapter please click the ious button