Chapter 9: SICK!

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Day 9

Sooyoung woke up feeling unwell. She still goes to the school despite of feeling unwell. As their class begins, she couldn’t focus and lose her interest in studying. That’s the first time it happened to her. All the teachers scold her from losing her concentration and not listening in the class. They all don’t know what was happening to her as she just remains silent. She wouldn’t even let anyone touch her.

 It was break time. They all went to the cafeteria. Sooyoung continues to feel unwell. They all sat down as soon as they took their food at the counter.

“Ya! Soo! Are you ok? You’ve been acting weird!” Taeyeon asked her. She was starting to get worried on her friend

“I’m ok! Don’t worry about me!” Sooyoung said trying to put on a smiling face

“That’s not what your actions were telling us! Are you really ok?” Siwon said.

Sooyoung just nods. Donghae who was sitting next to her keeps on starring at her. He was curious on what’s happening to her.

“You’ve been starring at me since class!” Sooyoung exclaimed at Donghae

“I Do? That’s strange!” Donghae said as he put his eyes away from her and took the snack.

“Oh! By the way, I’ll just go to Miss Baek’s office!”

As soon as Sooyoung stood up, she fell unconscious. Luckily, Donghae was able to catch her. By then, Donghae found out that she was sick. He quickly took her to the Clinic. The nurse quickly gives Sooyoung cold medicine and went to Donghae.

“She has a fever. Don’t worry; it’s not that serious. However, she should rest for the meantime. I already gave her the cold medicine. I’ll leave her to you first; just call me if you need something!” The nurse said to Donghae and exited the room. Donghae finally feel relieved after what the nurse said. He went and sat beside Sooyoung.

After 30 minutes, Sooyoung finally woke up. She looks around her and realized that she was at the clinic. She quickly stood up but she felt her body so weak that she can’t even move.

“Nice act, huh?” Donghae said who has been waiting for her to wake up.

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung said in a weak voice

“Guarding you! Who knows, you might escape away once you’re awake just like what you are trying to do just now!” Donghae said as he approaches Sooyoung, “If you’re that sick, you could have just stay home or at least tell us!”

“Thank you!” Sooyoung said, “Thank you for not leaving me here alone, for guarding and for taking care of me!”

“You forgot, I brought you here too!”

“Oh! And for that too, thank you!” Sooyoung said as she chuckled

“You’re welcome!” Donghae said, “But you really should stop making us all worried! If you only saw Taeyeon’s face, you won’t know what to do!”

Sooyoung laughed so hard as he tries to copy Taeyeon’s face when Sooyoung fell.

“But I just want to know something!” Donghae started, “How’d you get sick all of a sudden? Don’t tell me that you got sick because we worked so hard for those two?”

“Ya! Stop being so sarcastic!” Sooyoung yell. She suddenly remembers what she did last night.

Sooyoung was in her room, sitting at her bed while reading one of her favorite book when she suddenly saw a picture fell out from the book. She quickly picks it up and looks at it. It was a picture of her, prince and Taeyeon at the orphanage taken 10 years ago right before prince left.

“We were so young back here!” Sooyoung said as she chuckles looking at the picture

As she was about to put the picture aside, she then saw something written at the back of the picture. “Memories will live forever.”

She then went back to reality. Suddenly, Taeyeon and Siwon came.

 “Ya! What are you guys laughing about?” Taeyeon said seeing the two laughing together so hard.  Taeyeon and Siwon move toward Sooyoung.

“Soo, I’m glad you’re awake now!” Siwon said checking up on Sooyoung

“Ya! You really worried me back there!” Taeyeon said with teary eyes

Sooyoung then started to giggle as she remembers what Donghae and her were just talking about. She clears and put on a serious face. “Thank you so much!” Sooyoung said to Taeyeon and to Siwon

“Just get well soon!” Siwon said feeling at ease, “But Sooyoung, I didn’t know that you have a talent in making everyone worried!”

“That’s her specialty!” Taeyeon smirked

“Ya! You guys supposed to be taking care of me instead of bullying me! How can you take advantage of weak person?” Sooyoung protested

“You don’t look weak at all!” Taeyeon said teasing her even more

“Ne! You still look like a bully even when you’re sick!” Donghae said supporting Taeyeon’s statement

They all laugh. At times like this, Sooyoung never thought that there will be some people who would actually take care of her. She always thought that she needs to take care herself alone and no one would care for her. She felt thankful because she had friends like them.