Chapter 3: Brown Sugar Macchiato

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Day 2

Sooyoung was now at the Coffee Shop. She was serving the customers with the greatest delight smile in her face which turns the customer’s mood into happy and unknowingly smiles too. Sooyoung has that kind of charm. She can easily captivate someone’s heart through her pure and cheerful smile and lift up someone’s mood.

Suddenly, a customer came in. Sooyoung who’s been busy serving coffee to the customers welcomed the guy.

“Annyeong Haseyo!” Sooyoung greeted cheerfully

As soon as she lifts her head up she was shocked to see who it was. It was Donghae! She calmed herself and didn’t show her shocking expression. She acted normally and treated him just like their customer. On the other hand, Donghae was shocked to see Sooyoung working at the coffee shop. He didn’t expect to see her there nor her working there. What even made him surprised was that Sooyoung was acting like she didn’t know him which kind of makes sense because Sooyoung literally don’t know him except for his name!

“This way, sir!” Sooyoung said pointing the way

Donghae followed as Sooyoung instructed. When he finally reached the table, Donghae took a seat at the chair. Sooyoung then came with a pitcher of water and glass and pour water on it. Donghae kept on staring at Sooyoung.  She then took Donghae’s order.

“May I get your order, sir?” Sooyoung asked

“Oh! Please give me that brown sugar macchiato!” Donghae answered.

“Bwa?”

“Brown Sugar Macchiato! Waeyo?”

“Aniyo! Brown sugar macchiato coming!”

Sooyoung then went back to the counter. She was confused and shaking her head on her way to the counter. Only few customers know that they serve brown sugar macchiato there. And it was specially made by Sooyoung.

“Oh! Isn’t that Donghae?” Taeyeon asked

“Ne!”

“What is he doing here?”

“Molla!”

Sooyoung then went inside and make the brown sugar macchiato. She suddenly remembers when she was still staying at the orphanage; the helper there who has been close to Sooyoung and became her 2nd mother taught her how to make special brown sugar macchiato. She would never forget that.

 “Always remember that you must not be little brown sugar macchiato! Brown sugar macchiato is the most special of all.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because brown sugar macchiato helps bring back longed memories! And it preserves the good memories. It brings 2 people back together!”

She still remembers it and the words were buried deep down her heart. From that day on, it became Sooyoung’s specialty and became her favorite drink.

She was finally through. She went out and served the brown sugar macchiato.

“Mianhaeyo, if it takes long! Here’s your brown sugar macchiato! Enjoy!” Sooyoung said

As soon as she placed the brown sugar macchiato at the table, Donghae quickly drinks it. Before Sooyoung could leave, she heard Donghae speak.

“Ah! It’s so delicious! It’s true that brown sugar macchiato brings back memories!” Donghae exclaimed

She paused for what she heard. She suddenly remembers her childhood friend who also loves brown sugar macchiato. She felt like she heard him speak. It was the same thing he said before whenever she would make some brown sugar macchiato for him. She can’t be wrong. She’s completely sure it was him. She turned around and looked at Donghae.

“What did you say again?” Sooyoung asked Donghae with some hope on her face. She was hoping that it was him.

“It’s delicious?!”

“Not that!”

“That it brings back memories? You don’t know? I heard it from my grandpa before that brown sugar macchiato brings back memorable memories” Donghae answered, “My mom always make me brown sugar macchiato when I was still in America!”

After hearing that from Donghae, Sooyoung was loosen hope. She thought that she finally met him. She was expecting so much. Before Sooyoung could turn away, Donghae saw her necklace which has her name on it.

“Sooyoung-ssi, where did you get that necklace?” Donghae asked

“This? A friend gave it to me! Waeyo?”

“Aniyo! It’s beautiful! I was wondering if you bought it, I would have bought the same thing with my name on it too!”

Sooyoung then went back to the counter with some hopeless face. She was so sure when she heard it but then she’s sure that it wasn’t Donghae. Donghae grew up from America and it was his mom who’s making it for him and moreover, it was his grandpa who told him that thing. It’s enough reason to say that it wasn’t him.

After Sooyoung’s work at the Shop she dropped by at the Jewelry store again to look at her precious bracelet. She’s finally going to get back what’s hers. As soon as she enters the Jewelry store, she met the saleslady.

“Unnie! I’m going to get back my bracelet!” Sooyoung said in excitement in her voice

“Mianhaeyo! It was sold already! Just now, a guy came here and it seems like he was captivated by your bracelet. He was willing to pay any amount just to have your bracelet.”

“Bwa? Eottoke?”

“Mianhaeyo! I know that it’s really precious to you! However, as promised, I make sure that it was in good hands. The guy seems to be really kind! He immediately kept it in his pocket!”

“Kuraeyo?”

“Don’t worry! I told him to take tender care of it! That it was really precious! Actually, the guy also wears your same uniform!”

“Ku-Kuraeyo?” Sooyoung said to herself.

She was shocked to hear it. However, she felt relieved though she wasn’t able to buy her precious bracelet, at the very least, she knew that her precious bracelet was somewhere near her and she can feel it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Haseyo!

It's been a week, isnt it?

MIanhae for not updating it...

However, i  hope you like my fanfic.

SooHae jjang!

Shadows fighting!