Chapter 32: The LOST Memories

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Siwon and Taeyeon were walking together happily while holding hands. They finally had a date after such a long time. They were at the busy street of Seoul at Hongdae market.

They both were having so much fun. They are going in and out of every store that catches their attention. They bought couple things too like shirt, rings, bracelet and so many more. They look very much like a couple that made all the people envy them. They were so sweet.

They entered inside of the famous coffee shop which is ‘Coffee Prince’. They went in and head to the roof top. They had their coffee there. While they were enjoying the great view up there, Siwon’s parents suddenly called him.

“Oh! It’s Appa. I’m just going to answer it!” Siwon said to Taeyeon.

Siwon: Appa!

Mr. Choi: Siwon, where are you?

Siwon: I’m at Hongdae with Taeyeon. Why?

Mr. Choi: Oh! I didn’t know. It’s just that…

Siwon: Why Appa? What’s wrong?

Mr. Choi: it’s just… We had an important event to attend to.

Siwon: Oh, is that so?

Mr. Choi: Well, if you want, just bring Taeyeon with you. We’ll just pick you up there. We’ll be there in few minutes.

Siwon: Arasso!

“Why?” Taeyeon asked as soon as Siwon hangs up the phone

“Oh! It’s just that were going to attend an important event!” Siwon said, “I’ve never heard Appa sound so serious like that. Anyway, he said that you should come”

“Really?”

A few minutes passed and Mr. Choi finally came. Mr. Choi was the one driving the car which is very rare as he almost didn’t drive whenever he’s going somewhere. Mrs. Choi was sitting beside Mr. Choi. Taeyeon greeted them properly and went inside of the car.

As they went in, the car moved. Siwon was curious to where they are going.

“Omma, where are we going today?” Siwon asked, “Where is Jiwon-noona?”

“She’s not feeling well!”

Siwon checked the date and remembered something. Whenever that day comes, they will go to that place and visit to the cemetery. Jiwon never goes out with them on that day. He remembers that whenever that day comes, his mom always cries and hugged him while apologizing. Siwon never understood why but he just tried to understand.

Finally, they had arrived at that place. His father was carrying a basket of fruits while her mom was carrying the flowers and he was carrying the table and the wine and glass. Taeyeon helped on setting up the table and everything.

As they finally finished setting up, they all line up in front of the grave of two people. From what Siwon knew, the people who were lying on that grave were his Mom’s best friend and His dad’s brother. They were all friends when they were in High School like them. He once heard his mom calling out a name, “Soojin”. It was the name of his mom’s best friend. He has also seen their picture and whenever Siwon saw that he can’t help but feel sad and lonely.

He notices his mom starts crying again while his father was doing the proper greetings. After a few moments, his mom starts to cry very hard as she talks to her sister.

“Soojin-ah! I’m really sorry! I never wanted to do it but I have no choice. I don’t want to hurt him. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to find your daughter and bring her to you. I broke my promise to you. I’m really sorry. But I promise to you, I won’t stop until I saw her again”

After that they were about to go home. Siwon and Taeyeon were walking back to the car together. Suddenly, Taeyeon asked Siwon.

“Oppa, who is Soojin?”

“She is my mom’s best friend and my Aunt. From what I heard, Aunt died in a car accident with Uncle and their daughter. But before she could die, she was able to talk to Omma. Her daughter’s body wasn’t still found yet and Omma promised that she’ll find her”

“Really?” Taeyeon was saddened, “That was really unfortunate!”

“Ne!”

They were now going back to Seoul. The car was filled with awkward atmosphere going around them all. Suddenly, while Mr. Choi was driving, Siwon’s head aches terribly.

“Siwon, are you ok?” Mrs. Choi asked

“Ne, Omma! Don’t worry! It’s just a simple headache!”

Suddenly, Siwon’s head got really painful that he screamed in pain making Mr. Choi lost control in driving and almost bump into something. They quickly send Siwon to the hospital.

As they arrived at the hospital, they were all waiting outside of the room while the doctors were examining him. Taeyeon couldn’t help but feel worried but she doesn’t show it. What wonders her is that it was as if an ordinary thing for Siwon’s parents that Siwon was inside of the examining room. It was as if they were very used to it and had expected it since they aren’t that worried as she can see. “Maybe they just don’t show it” Taeyeon thought to herself.

She was sitting beside Mrs. Choi when she received a call from Jiwon. After few minutes, Jiwon came with Donghae and Sooyoung. They quickly went to them as soon as they saw them.

“Is he still inside?” Jiwon asked worriedly

“Ne!” Taeyeon said. Sooyoung quickly went to Taeyeon and hugged her. She knew how worried Taeyeon was. Jiwon then went to her mom. She has a disappointed and angry face.

“I already told you! Don’t bring him there!” Jiwon said almost yelling, “Look what happened to him! Do you really have to bring him there and always end up like this?”

They were stopping Jiwon. “Unnie, it’s no one’s fault!” Taeyeon said trying to calm down Jiwon.

“Everytime you bring him there, this thing always happens! Same time, at the car!” Jiwon continues, “Like what happened to Ahjumni and Ahjussi!”

Jiwon then cries. She was so angry and she wanted to let it all out but she can’t. She’s holding back as she doesn’t want to cause commotion inside of the hospital. And besides, she knew completely that her Mom just wanted to bring Siwon there and mean nothing. But she was really angry whenever they bring him there.

“Omma, why must you do this?” Jiwon asked crying

Mrs. Choi was just looking down. Mr. Choi then went to them and asked Donghae to bring Jiwon out of the hospital first but Jiwon didn’t want to. Mrs. Choi then looked at Jiwon and was shocked to what she saw. She was frozen when she saw Sooyoung. She stands up and went to her.

“Soojin?” Mrs. Choi said as soon as she saw Sooyoung. She tried to touch Sooyoung’s face but Sooyoung stepped back.

“Who are you? What’s your name?” Mrs. Choi asked making Sooyoung a bit scared

“Waeyo, Omma? Does she remind you of someone? Ahjumni?” Jiwon asked

“Tell me, what your name is!” Mrs. Choi asked curiously

“Go and tell her, Sooyoung!” Jiwon commanded to Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung? Sooyoung is your name?” Mrs. Choi asked continuously

“Ne. My name is Choi Sooyoung!” Sooyoung answered making Mrs. Choi fall on her knees. Luckily, the boys were able to catch her before she could fall on the ground.

Mrs. Choi was so shocked. She didn’t expect it. More tears flow from her eyes as she covers . An extreme shockedness hit Mrs. Choi. Mr. Choi then asked Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung-ssi, can you tell me who your parents are?”

Sooyoung looked at Jiwon. She didn’t know what to do. She just answered, “I’m sorry. But I didn’t know who my parents are. I was send to an orphanage after the accident when I was 7”

Mrs. Choi then stood up and went to Sooyoung.

“You’ve been into accident 10 years ago?” Mrs. Choi asked, “Tell me, what kind of accident that is!”

Sooyoung was so scared and so she was holding Taeyeon’s arms. She didn’t know what was happening and why they are asking her questions. Mrs. Choi then saw Sooyoung’s necklace and was shocked.

“It’s you!” Mrs. Choi cried, “We’ve been looking for you, Sooyoung”

“What are you saying?” Sooyoung was puzzled. She didn’t know what was happening

“Ne, Omma! She’s Sooyoung, Soojin- ahujumni’s daughter!” Jiwon yelled

“But what happened to you, Sooyoung? We’ve been looking for you. How did you end up at the orphanage?” Mr. Choi asked. Curiosity has taken him too.

“Ms. Lee found her at the accident and keeps her” Jiwon said, “They were waiting for her relatives to take her but no one ever come that’s why Ms. Lee took her”

Suddenly the door opened and Siwon went out of the examining room in a wheel chair. He was assisted by the nurse. They all went to him. They all assisted him to his room, while Mr. and Mrs. Choi went with the doctor to his room.

Siwon lie down at the bed gently. They were all so worried especially Taeyeon. Sooyoung was sitting at the bench outside of Siwon’s room with Donghae leaving Jiwon and Taeyeon inside of the room.

“Oppa, how are you feeling now?” Taeyeon asked worriedly

“Don’t worry, Yeonie! This happens to me a lot. I’m ok!” Siwon said, “I’m sorry for making you worried”

“Siwon” Jiwon said in a serious tone, “Tell me. What happened this time?”

Siwon was quiet for a few minutes. He then asked a question ignoring what Jiwon asked him.

“Is Sooyoung there?” Siwon asked

“Ne! She’s outside with Hae. Do you want me to call them?” Taeyeon answered

“Ani!”

“Arasso, get rest first!” Jiwon said as they leave Siwon to sleep.

Suddenly, Jihyun came. She was so worried about Siwon.

“Where is Siwon-Oppa?” Jihyun asked shouting

“Jihyun, calm down first. He’s inside. He’s doing ok!” Donghae said

Jihyun then saw Sooyoung who was just bowing her head. She notices the shocked and scared face of Sooyoung. She then asked Donghae.

“What happened here?”

Jiwon came out of the room. She saw Jihyun there with Donghae. She then quickly went to Sooyoung and bended her knees in front of her. She was holing Sooyoung’s hands.

“Sooyoung” Jiwon said, “I’m sorry!”

“Is… is it… Is it really true?” Sooyoung asked in stutter

“Ne!” Jiwon said sincerely, “I’m really sorry, Sooyoung. But there’s still something you need to know and Siwon too.”

Sooyoung lift her head. She then looked Jiwon. “What is it?”

Jiwon was silent for a minute and breathe heavily. She sat down at the bench beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung was just looking at her waiting for her to say something.

“It’s something Siwon still don’t know yet”

“We’ll leave you both first!” Donghae said taking Jihyun with him leaving the place so Sooyoung and Jiwon can talk alone.

“What is it that Siwon-Oppa still doesn’t know? What is it that I must know?”

“Now that you know about your parents and who they really are, there’s still something left that you need to know!” Jiwon said, “It’s… It’s that~”

Suddenly, Jiwon’s parents came interrupting what Jiwon was about to tell to Sooyoung. They both stood up as Mr. and Mrs. Choi went to them.

“How is Siwon doing?” Mr. Choi asked

“He’s resting” Jiwon answered looking away

“Jiwon, I’m begging you, not now!” Mrs. Choi said, “Please don’t!”

Jiwon was shocked. She couldn’t believe what her mom just told her. “You want me to remain silent?”

“Please, Jiwon. Do as your mom tells you to.” Mr. Choi said, “It’s not yet the right time!”

“THEN WHEN?” Jiwon said yelling, “You’re going to keep the truth away from them? How could you! They have the right to know!”

Jiwon couldn’t take it anymore and so she decided to go away. Sooyoung didn’t understand what was really happening. She wanted to follow Jiwon but she knew that Jiwon needs sometime alone.

“Sooyoung, will you stay here for a while?” Mr. Choi asked Sooyoung, “We’ll go back to the house for a while”

Sooyoung just nods as Mr. and Mrs. Choi leave the hospital. Sooyoung breathes heavily and sat down at the bench. There are so many things that happened that she doesn’t understand. All she could understand is that she finally knows who her parents are and they died at the car accident. There are still questions that she wanted to ask and know the answer but right now, there’s no one who can answer them.

After so many hours, Sooyoung woke up realizing that she had sleep there. She was so tired. She then saw Donghae who was sitting beside her. Donghae had let Sooyoung borrow his shoulders for a while as Sooyoung leans her head to his shoulders while she was sleeping.

“Oh, you’re awake!”

“Where is Jihyun?”

“She’s inside with Yeonie. They are taking care of Siwon”

“Oh, really?” Sooyoung said. You can see in her face that tiredness.

“Do you want to go home now?” Donghae asked as he noticed how tired she is

“I want to but I can’t.” Sooyoung said, “I wanted to go but it’s like I couldn’t feel my whole body. It’s as if my body wants me to stay here”

“Well then, I’ll just join you here”

“Hae!”

“Hmm? Why, Sooyoung?”

“I feel like I’m almost near. I feel like I’m near to the truth but something’s on the way that keeps me from knowing it” Sooyoung said. She was still bothered by her questions.

“You told me that you lost your memory when you were a kid because of the car accident” Donghae said, “When you first came to the orphanage, when I first saw and met you, you were just in your room, standing in one corner. I felt like it’s happening again. Your face it’s like before when you wouldn’t talk to anyone and just stayed quiet at your room”

“I couldn’t understand anything!” Sooyoung sobs, “I couldn’t remember what happened! And it kills me! I wanted to know the truth! I wanted to remember everything!”

Donghae then hugged Sooyoung “Don’t worry! Time will come and you’ll remember everything. Just always remember, we’re here for you! I am here for you!”

Donghae then wipes away Sooyoung’s tears.