Chapter 31: The Necklace

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

The class had just ended. Sooyoung was about to go home but Donghae asked her to go somewhere with him. Donghae drove his car with Sooyoung and went somewhere.

They first went to the amusement park. They rode many rides together. They were having so much fun. All the people who see them can’t help but admire them both. They look like a couple.

They decided to sit and rest at the bench first. They were so tired. Suddenly, Sooyoung saw an ice cream and quickly went there. After 5 minutes, she went back carrying 2 ice creams on both hands. She then gave Donghae the other one and sat next to him.

“Ya! Don’t you think you’re being too selfish?” Donghae said, “How come you bought that one and gave me this?”

“Bwa? Why? Didn’t you like that? I thought it’s your favorite!”

“Aniyo!” Donghae said, “I want that!”

Donghae quickly on Sooyoung’s ice cream. Sooyoung yelled to him.

“YA!”

“Why?” Donghae asked innocently, “I thought it’s nothing to you! Do you remember? You said before that you’re not meticulous on food!”

“That’s not it!” Sooyoung pouted, “You my ice cream! It’s not fair! This is mine! Go get your own!”

Donghae just laughs at her. She just continues to eat her ice cream while trying to hide it from Donghae. Sooyoung suddenly wanted to ask Donghae.

“Um… Hae-Oppa, why did you suddenly ask me to go here?”

“um…” Donghae said, “It’s just that I realize, I waste so many times. I wanted to make it up and pay back all the time I wasted.”

“What do you mean?”

Donghae looks at her, “Like when you left. It felt like I had a nightmare!”

Sooyoung was shocked to what she heard. She thought that he’ll be happy now that he is with Jihyun, his girlfriend. And speaking of that, she suddenly remembers her.

“But Oppa, why didn’t you bring Jihyun along? Did she know you’re here? Is she busy?”

Donghae chuckled, “You got so many questions with you, Soo!”

“But Jihyun is your girlfriend and~”

Sooyoung paused to what she’s going to say. She saw Donghae’s face suddenly turned serious. It was as if he doesn’t want her to talk about Jihyun and ask questions about her. She just continues to eat her ice cream silently while looking away.

“Not anymore!” Donghae said making Sooyoung looked at him strangely, “We broke up!”

“What? When??”

“Long ago. We didn’t even made it for 2 weeks until we decided to broke up”

“But why?”

“I guess, we’re not really for each other!” Donghae said, “I really wanted to tell it to you but you were away!”

Sooyoung was sad to what she heard. Donghae notices it.

Donghae then looked at her and smiled. “Let’s go?”

Donghae grab Sooyoung’s hand and ride the remaining rides they still haven’t gone to. It was such a short awkward moment they had. Luckily, Donghae killed it by grabbing her hand and continue on having fun. After they finished riding at the rides and have fun at the amusement park, they finally went to their final destination.

They both went to the beach where they all always go to. They were sitting at the sand with barefoot. Donghae was just looking down while Sooyoung was enjoying the great view up the sky.

“Ah!” Sooyoung exclaimed, “The sky is so beautiful today. It’s so peaceful and beautiful. The stars were also beautiful!”

Donghae looked up to the sky with a worried face. He was nervous. Sooyoung then noticed it and took his hand and held it. Donghae was shocked to what she did and looked at her. She just smiled at him lively.

“Hae, no matter what bothers you, just know that I am here for you!”

“Actually, Soo…”

“Why? What is it?”

“I don’t know how to tell you this…”

Sooyoung chuckled, “Don’t tell me that you still have some secrets left that you still don’t tell me?”

Donghae was even more shocked to what she said. To this, Sooyoung’s happy face turned worried and serious.

“For real?” Sooyoung was shocked, “You know I am kidding, right?”

“Uh, what are you saying?” Donghae said nervously, “Of course I do!”

Sooyoung sighed, “Hay! I’m glad that I am wrong! Anyway, what are you going to tell me?”

“You knew that I am prince, right?”

Sooyoung just nods.

“You know, when I first saw you, I was really shocked. I never thought that you’ll grow up like now. I mean, you’re much better to what I expect and I liked it.”

“Hae! Just be frank! I’m starting to get nervous here! Whenever you say that… Ugh! It sends me chills”

Donghae laughs. He then turn around and took something from his pocket. He hides it in his hands and look at Sooyoung again.

“Soo, I want you to close your eyes!”

“Bwa? But~”

“Just do it, please?”

Sooyoung do as he told her to. She closed her eyes and patiently waits for something to happen. She then felt her hair moved and felt something touched her neck. After a moment, he then asks her to open her eyes.

As she opens her eyes, she was shocked to what she saw. Her tears roll down good naturedly as she saw the necklace. That necklace~ it was hers.

“This~ this necklace” Sooyoung said crying, “How’d you get this?”

“Actually, I saw it as I passed by at a jewelry store. When I first saw it, I quickly remembered you and realize it was yours. It’s the only thing left to you after the accident. I know how much important it is for you”

“Oppa!” Sooyoung exclaimed, “So you kept this all this time?”

“Ne! I hope you’re not mad! I just don’t know how to tell it to you.” Donghae looked down, “I guess I was coward”

Sooyoung hugged Donghae tightly. She was crying so hard.

“Aniyo, Oppa!” Sooyoung cried, “I’m really thankful! Thank you so much for keeping it safe!”

Donghae then hugs Sooyoung back. He smiled to himself knowing that those tears don’t mean sadness but rather happiness. They then broke the hug. Sooyoung was wiping her tears while Donghae was helping her.

“Oppa, I’m really thankful!”

“You don’t have to thank me so many times.”

“But I really want to thank you…in any way possible”

“You could do me a favor, if you want to”

“Anything! I’ll do it!”

“Promise me, that no matter what, you won’t leave me! That you’ll stay by my side…forever”

“Of course! Ne! I will NEVER AND EVER leave you, Oppa!”

“And that… you’ll wait for me”

“Huh?” Sooyoung asked, “Arasso”

Sooyoung was confused with what he said means but she just nods. Donghae then stand up and so did Sooyoung. He helped her get up.

“Let’s get you home!” Donghae said smiling

“Ne, Oppa”

They were about to go inside of the car but then Sooyoung stopped him.

“Wait, Oppa!” Sooyoung said. She then hugged him at his back. Donghae was about to turn around but she stopped him.

“Sooyoung”

“Oppa, I just want to hug you like this for a moment”

They then stayed up like that for a moment. Sooyoung has always wanted to hug him like that and now she finally did. After a few minutes, Sooyoung then broke the hug. She looked up to him as he turned around and smile to him.

“Let’s go!”

They went back to Seoul. Sooyoung was so happy not just because she finally had her precious necklace back but because she was able to spent time with him, just the both of them. She went home safely. She returned to her room and lie down her bed happily. Her smile was so wide and big. She once again looked at her necklace as she misses it terribly. She then lifts up her wrist and looked at her bracelet. She was wearing the bracelet that Donghae gave her then they were still kids. It’s nice to know that the person she loves and the person she’s been looking for is actually only one person.

She looks at the ceiling.

“Oppa, I hate you but… I love you so much!”