Chapter 14: GIFT!

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Day 17

Today, they were all busy decorating their own plant for their project at their Gardening Class. They all look so serious. They were all at the Garden House.

“I can’t believe that this was this hard!” Taeyeon complained

“Well, it should be! The plants are very sensitive and complicated to deal with, especially with this one type!” Sooyoung said as she continues to dress her plant

“It seems like you were enjoying it!” Taeyeon said as she watches how Sooyoung does it, “Could it be because of…”

“Ya! What do you mean?” Sooyoung exclaimed suddenly stopping from what she is doing and all her attention is suddenly at Taeyeon

“Ya! You really don’t have to shout at me! Aish, Chincha!” Taeyeon responded “But speaking of him, isn’t he looking so alive and bright today? What do you think?”

Taeyeon was looking at Donghae who was just few meters apart from them. Sooyoung then look at Donghae.

“Isn’t he always like that?” Sooyoung reasoned out

“But after yesterday, he suddenly became even more energetic! Wait~ what happened to you two yesterday? Miss Baek asked you to go to the detention office but you didn’t go there directly! Where did you go?” Taeyeon asked Sooyoung curiously

“What do you mean?”

“Aish! It was told to me that it was just a make-up plan made by Donghae so you two can talk! So tell it to me now!”

“Nothing in particular! He just… He just apologized to me! That’s all!” Sooyoung defended

“Really? Then can you explain where did you get that bracelet?” Taeyeon asked Sooyoung one eyebrow raised

Sooyoung looked at the bracelet which Donghae gave to her. She then remembers everything that happened that day. Right after Donghae gave that to her, they stayed a little more there. They were sitting at the grass watching the river.

“Sooyoung, tell me something no one knows!”

“What do you mean? Like a secret?”

“Something like that! Yes!”

“Well, I don’t know if you’ll consider this a secret but it’s something that only me knows. When I was a kid, right after my parents died, I stayed at the orphanage for a little while because I was still hoping that somebody will get me because I believed that I still have relatives left… unfortunately, no one came. That’s when I decided to live at the orphanage. Then, while I was being cold to everybody, I didn’t eat, talk, went out of my room, nothing really, then there was this guy who threw a small ball which broke my window and hit me at my head. I cried so hard not because it hit me but because of the reality that I have no family left- that I am alone! Then, a boy ran to me. He’s so worried because he thought that the ball hit me so he did everything to make me laugh. He was so funny!”

“Then what happened?”

“He is the first person I became close with! For a short period of time, we were already close! But then he also left me. He went to America because his family moved there but we made a promise that we’ll find each other after 10 years.”

“Really?”

“But I broke our promise! Because even if 10 years still hadn’t passed, I already look for him because of wanting to see him again. After losing my parents, I promised myself that I wouldn’t let it happen again, that I’ll certainly won’t let myself to lose anyone anymore! It was a secret because even Yeonie didn’t know how it all started. She thought that we knew each other ever since. So, tell me about yours!”

“As you know, I’m an only child so I’m very secretive person. I actually never had ‘crush’ before. Maybe because I don’t see my feelings for her as ‘crush’ but I do like someone. Even if she’s far away from me, I still do think of her and there was no second that I didn’t think about her.”

“Is it the thing you asked me before? If I still like someone even though he’s far away?”

Donghae just smiled at Sooyoung with his most bright and most lively smile he had ever done.

She then suddenly wakes up from remembering when Taeyeon tapped her in her shoulders.

“Let’s get this thing done! It’ll soon bell!” Taeyeon said as she finishes dressing her plant

“Sure!” Sooyoung responded shortly then going back from what she is doing.

As the bell rang, all the students went back to their classroom. As Sooyoung was about to go, suddenly Donghae grabbed her arm.

“Donghae?!”

“Shhht! Just stay here for a while! There’s something I want you give you!”

Donghae then took Sooyoung. Sooyoung was standing a few meters away from him while Donghae was taking something out. He then stood in front of her and slowly took out a small pot with a beautiful flower in it which made Sooyoung surprised.

“What is this?” Sooyoung asked

“A plant!! Isn’t it obvious?”

“Yeah, I know but for me? What for?”

“I just want to repay you from being so cruel!”

“Still?” Sooyoung asked one eyebrow arched but with smile, “Hae~ Forget about it!”

 “I just can’t! And besides, I noticed that you don’t have any plants in your house so I decided to give you one! Just be thankful because the handsome and gentleman Lee Donghae did it for you!”

Sooyoung laughed to what he said. He sure has lots of confidence to himself to say such things which were all definitely true.

“ Yeah! Sure you are! Whatever”

“What? It’s true!”

“Donghae…” Sooyoung suddenly turned with a serious face, “Anyhow, thanks. Thank you SO MUCH! I really do like it!”

Sooyoung then hugged Donghae. She was very touched to what Donghae did. Donghae was the first one to give her flowers and it’s not just any flower. It was Sooyoung’s favorite flower- Tulip.

“You should take care of it!”

“Ne!”