Chapter 29: Camp Trip!

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Today was their class camp trip. They were all at the school waiting for others to finally come. Donghae was sitting at the bench while waiting for Siwon and Taeyeon to come. After 5 minutes of waiting the 2 finally come taking Sooyoung with them.

“Finally! I almost thought you guys weren’t coming!” Donghae exclaimed

“Sorry for waiting! Are we the only ones who haven’t arrived yet?” Taeyeon asked

“Let’s just go! The bus is leaving!” Siwon said taking Taeyeon’s hand as they went inside the bus.

Siwon sat beside Taeyeon while Donghae sat beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung was in her earphones and just looking at the window. Donghae can’t talk to her. He felt boring and so he just put on his earphones and close his eyes trying to sleep.

After 2 hours, they finally reach their destination. As soon as they reach the place, they were all astounded to what they see. They were all very captivated by the looks of the nature which they all have no idea that there’s such thing exists.

“I can’t believe there really is such a place!” Taeyeon exclaimed

“I can’t believe this!” Siwon said

Sooyoung stopped as she went out of the bus. She too was captivated by it.

“It’s wonderful!” Sooyoung said to herself.

They then all went to their camp to meet their camp leader which is their P.E. Teacher. As they arrive at the camp, they saw a big wide table which has bags used for camping above it. They all went near it and finally their P.E. teacher speaks.

“As you all know, we’re on a camp! Today, you will go through dangerous challenges that will test your determination, mental, physical and social ability. Sure, there will be lots of physical abilities but you must also know, it’s not just physical but also mental and social. It will test your mental skills; on how are you going to take an action to such a situation and your social skills to which trust among your group mates will take place. This may also test your leadership skills. But you need to remember one thing, always be attentive and analyze the questions very well!” Mr. Park said while all students are listening carefully, “Now, I know you already knew this: you will be grouped into five members and we have already decided”

Finally, all the groups have been made and announced. Donghae, Sooyoung, and Taeyeon were on one group with Siwon as their leader. Suddenly, someone came to them.

“So, are you guys ready?” Taecyeon said

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked shockingly.

“Didn’t Yeonie tell you? This place is where we always do our training and today, we are asked to guide the students who’ll be having camp trip here!”

“So, what are you doing here with us?” Donghae asked a little bit annoyed

“I’ll go with you!” Taecyeon said

Everyone was happy except with Donghae. He was disappointed. After the groups have been made, the instructions were given. Along with a map, compass and everything they need, they need to go to some places and get what is asked. There are 5 things that needs to be done and after that they need to return back to the camp with all complete members and completed tasks. The group who will first arrive back at the base camp will be the winner. A provided prize will be announced and given right away after the challenges were through. And so they finally start their mission.

1st mission: Find the temple and go there. As you arrive at the temple, there will be proper greetings and prayers need to be done. It must be done accordingly to what the temple says. After successfully doing it, you’ll find the 2nd mission.

As they all go along their way, Donghae was watching Taecyeon and Sooyoung. He was pissed and Siwon and Taeyeon can tell that.

“Why didn’t you tell me he’s going with us?” Donghae asked Taeyeon. They were walking altogether

“I’m sorry” Taeyeon apologized, “because, I knew you’ll act like this” Taeyeon murmured to herself

“What?”

“Nothing!”

After 10 minutes, they finally reached the temple. As they reached the temple, they quickly went near it. They saw some clothes and materials to use. Their mission is to perform tea ceremony and this will be done by one member and needs to be girl.

“Wow! I felt like we’re back to the old century!” Taeyeon exclaimed

“So, let’s start?” Siwon asked

“There’s a place where you can dressed inside” Taecyeon said

Taeyeon then turn to Sooyoung who was looking at the clothes and stuff.

“Soo, go ahead! Take it and get dressed!”

“What? Me?”

“Ne! I know you can perfectly do the tea ceremony!” Taeyeon said confidently

“What? Stop saying nonsense! I WON’T!”

“Soo, please?” Siwon asked

Sooyoung then took the clothes and Taeyeon help her get dressed. After 20 minutes, Sooyoung finally came out and performed the tea ceremony. There was a moment or two of silence as they watch Sooyoung do the Tea Ceremony. They were all amazed on how Sooyoung did it. She looks like just someone else as she performs it, as if she was one of the women who do it centuries ago. It was so perfect. After she had performed it, a letter showed up indicating their 2nd mission.

2nd mission: Go to the station 2. Use your compass that will help you along your way. There will be 2 stations: the fake one and the real one. The fake one, you will suffer under great punishment and the real one, you will be given materials and additional foods, water and first aid kit that you will need the most.

“So there are two stations? How are we going to find out what’s the fake one or the real one?” Taeyeon asked

“It says “use your compass”! It means, the compass will lead us to the Real station!” Donghae said

“We must be careful. There’s punishment waits to those who get to the fake station. We must think of our actions!” Sooyoung said making them all think their strategies. “Wait! Where’s our compass?”

“Taeyeon has it” Donghae said. Taeyeon then starts to search for the compass until…

“Everyone, grab a hold of your things. And keep yourself attentive!” Siwon said whispering when he suddenly heard a footstep. They all looked around them.

Before they could even move, a group of guys attacked them all. The guys were taking their things away from them. They were all fighting for their things when suddenly; a guy was able to take away Taeyeon’s bag successfully. Sooyoung quickly snatches Taeyeon’s bag away from the guy. They were all busy trying to protect their things, luckily, Taecyeon saw what happened and helped Sooyoung. They then all saw Taecyeon and decided to help him.

But then a guy took out a knife and points it on him. They all quickly let go of the bag. Sooyoung was about to take the bag but Taecyeon stopped her. They were frozen on their feet. Siwon went in front of them and carefully watches the guy’s next move. He went one on one with the guy.

Without even saying, Siwon quickly attacks the guy. He was able to avoid all the attacks of the guy. Siwon was indeed a good fighter. He has studied martial arts and judo when he was just a kid and even learns fencing on his middle school. Finally, Siwon was able to get back the bag but the guy was going to stab Siwon on his back. Luckily, Sooyoung was able to push away Siwon. They both fell on the ground. All the guys quickly went away and leave them all, while they went to Siwon and Sooyoung who was currently standing up from falling.

“Oppa, Are you ok?” Sooyoung asked Siwon worriedly

Sooyoung was checking Siwon if he was wounded somewhere else. Siwon then noticed that there was wound on Sooyoung’s face. It was scratched from the knife.

“Soo, you’re face!” Siwon exclaimed. Taeyeon quickly took out the first aid kit and cure Sooyoung’s wound. They were very worried at Sooyoung.

“Guys! I’m ok! No need to worry!” Sooyoung said

“Soo, you’re wounded!”

“I shouldn’t let this happen!” Taecyeon said

“Who are those guys anyway? And why did they do that?” Donghae asked

“I don’t know! This must be the plan of the head camp leader!” Taecyeon said, “Now I know why he asked us to guide you all”

“But we have something else to worry about!” Taeyeon said disappointed, “This compass- It won’t work!”

“What? That can’t be?!” Sooyoung quickly take a look at it, “It’s broken! What do we do?”

“Don’t worry! We’ll find way! For now, let’s just go and find the station 2” Siwon said assuring them that everything will be alright. “Hyung, you know the way, right?”

“Don’t worry! I know every way here!”

They then all fix themselves and find the way to the station 2. After 2 hours, they finally reached the 2 stations: the fake & real one. They all went ahead while Taecyeon was examining something.

“Wait!” Taecyeon said

Suddenly, Taeyeon stepped forward and they all fell into the big hole.

It was very dark inside and they could hardly see everything. Luckily, Siwon has the flashlight. He quickly lightened the flashlight.

“Guys, all of you, come here to the light!” Siwon said making them all go there.

“Are we all here?” Siwon asked as soon as they got near to him

“I don’t see Hae and Soo!” Taeyeon asked worriedly, “What are we going to do? It was very dark everywhere else and we don’t know where they are. We must complete the task altogether!”

“Let’s get out of here first! We’ll find them later!” Taecyeon said as they start to move.

On the other hand, Donghae and Sooyoung fell on different place. It seems like there were 2 holes there and unfortunately, Donghae and Sooyoung were being separated from the 3. Donghae woke up from falling.

“Where am I?” Donghae asked himself as he stands up. He then looked everywhere. He noticed that Siwon and the others weren’t there.

“Siwon? Yeonie? Soo? Taecyeon!”

He then heard someone. He turned around and saw Sooyoung. It appears she was injured on her left foot. Donghae quickly approaches her.

“Soo!”

“Hae? Where are the others?”

“It must be they were on the other side!”

“What are we going to do?” Sooyoung said trying to stand up but then she kept falling on her knees. Luckily, Donghae was able to catch her before she could fell on the ground again. Donghae put down his bag and took Sooyoung’s foot. He gently massages her foot. He knew it hurts even though Sooyoung didn’t show it. He then took a piece of cloth from his shirt and wraps it up on Sooyoung’s foot.

“What are we going to do now? The place is too big for us to find our way. It’ll take 2-3 days before we could find others!” Sooyoung said as she looks for a way.

Let’s just go that way!” Donghae said pointing the right way. He then turn around and sit indicating that he’ll carry Sooyoung at his back.

“Aniyo! I can walk by myself. Besides, my foot doesn’t hurt anymore!”

“Did you know that you are not good in lying? Come on!” Donghae said as he pulled Sooyoung and carry her in his back. He then took their things and decided to go.

Sooyoung knew that Donghae was tired and she doesn’t want to be a burden to him but there’s nothing she can do about it. It’s not her first time to be carried at someone’s back. When she was still at the orphanage, Prince and her went to the mountains. Their orphanage was only near at the mountains. But then she got sprained and couldn’t walk so Prince carried her at his back. She could still remember the warm feeling of his back on her face. It was very hard for her to forget since Prince is the first person to carry her at his/her back. She could feel Donghae panting hard because of tiredness so she asked him to rest first.

“I think we should rest first! Even if we still go, I don’t think we’ll still be able to make it!” Sooyoung suggested

“Arasso!”

They then went to a small cave and rest there for a while. Luckily, Donghae has their foods so he brought out food for them to eat. While they were eating, Sooyoung was just watching Donghae. The cave was near to a waterfall so it was a little bit noisy because of the running water that is coming from the waterfalls.

As soon as she finished eating, she checked her foot. It was a little bit ok now than earlier. As she was about to turn away, she suddenly notices the way how the cloth was wrapped. It was very familiar to her. She then remembered Prince; he did the exact way of wrapping the bandage on her foot when she sprained it.

Prince was wrapping the bandage on her foot.

“It’s ok now!”

“Kamsa!”

“Let’s go now?”

“Eh, why did you wrap it up like this?”

“Huh? Oh! It was my dad who taught me that! He was once their camp leader when he was still in high school. He knows many ways of wrapping and he taught me one. He said that it is his signature. And so he thought me it!”

“Jeongmal? Oh, it’s cute anyway! I like it!”

“Really? Should I teach you how to do it?”

“Ne! I want to learn it!”

“Arasso! I’ll teach you once we get back home!”

Sooyoung then looked at Donghae. Donghae was busy checking their things that they might need. She then remembered everything from the start. From the first time they met, at the coffee shop, the brown sugar macchiato, at Siwon’s private resort, the game he always play and everything. He always reminded her of Prince and she just got to realize it all now. She finally understood why she was feeling “that” way to Donghae.

“Prince?” Sooyoung said loud enough for Donghae to hear. It felt like she called him Prince

Donghae then stopped from doing what he was doing and look at Sooyoung. He was shocked that Sooyoung called him Prince.

“Sooyoung!” Donghae said, “Did you just call me… Prince?”

Sooyoung’s tears suddenly flow from her eyes. She quickly wipes it away and stands up. She was about to leave but Donghae stopped her.

 “Yo-you..a-are… You are Prince?” Sooyoung asked in a stutter

Sooyoung didn’t even wait for his answer and just went away but Donghae grabbed her arm.

“Soo, please let me explain!” Donghae started, “I wanted to tell you but… I can’t!”

Sooyoung turned around and looked at him

“So you know all this time about me and the fact that we we’re childhood best friends and yet…”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry I didn’t tell you! I’m sorry I made you look like a fool. I’m sorry for everything but Sooyoung, you need to know, I tried. I do! I tried to tell you but I can’t!”

“YOU CAN’T? Or you don’t want to? That’s 2 different things, Hae!”

“I can’t! I can’t because I was afraid! I’m afraid that you had forgotten me! I know I’m stupid to think it like that! But I was scared!”

“How about me? Did you know that I’ve been searching for you for the past 10 years? Did you even realize that every day I woke up I was hoping we’ll meet one day? Did you even know that?”

“I know and I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you like this!”

Donghae bend down on his knees. He was crying. Sooyoung has never seen Donghae cry. Somehow, she knew he meant those words and there’s nothing she couldn’t do but believe him but she was hurt. She doesn’t know what to do. She didn’t expect that the person she’s been searching for was just right in front of her already. It made her think that she really didn’t know him all this time because she didn’t even realize that Donghae was Prince.

“I’m so stupid! How come I didn’t even realize that? All the clues were just right in front of my face but I just ignore it all!”

“Don’t blame yourself! It was my entire fault! I’m really sorry Sooyoung! I wish I could tell it to you sooner, I wish had known, I’m really sorry!” Donghae said apologetically on his knees.

Sooyoung can’t believe everything. It was very fast. She calmed herself down. She went down on her knees and look at Donghae.

“It all happened already. We just need to accept it” Sooyoung said smiling to him, “After all, I’m really happy that I finally found you!”

“I’m really sorry!”

Sooyoung then hugged Donghae tightly. She was happy that she finally found Prince and that the guy she loved and Prince was the same person.