Chapter 34: DAY 101: A Good Day or A Bad Day

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Siwon was finally out of the hospital. Though, they all finally know that Sooyoung and Siwon were siblings, Sooyoung was still living at Taeyeon’s house. Sooyoung was at her room lying at her bed while listening to music. She remembers everything that happened, from the part where she met Prince, Taeyeon, Donghae then Siwon. She couldn’t help but feel really good. She felt complete now even though she still couldn’t remember her past, it’s a good thing that at least she wasn’t alone anymore.

Sooyoung went to her desk and saw her calendar. She took it and scans the dates.

It is finally October. It’s been 5 months already since their junior high school life starts, 5 months that they all knew each other and 5 months altogether. Sooyoung saw red marks on the calendar. It was the marks she marked at the calendar when she was doing the 101 days method. It stopped almost half of the 100 days. She realized that in three months, so many things had happen already and she couldn’t believe how time flew very fast. She took out a red pen and continues marking her calendar up to today’s date. She put it back and smiled widely. She turns around and went to her closet. Today, she is going to wear her favorite dress.

After so many hours, Sooyoung came out wearing her favorite semi-formal pink dress with white shoes. They were going to Mr. Lee’s party. It was the Lee group of companies’ anniversary and they must come. Many people from different countries, celebrities and businessmen will come and attend the event. Sooyoung must also come as representative of Choi company, her parents’ business.

As she made final touch-ups to herself, she heard a knock on her door. She turns around and saw Taeyeon on the door. Taeyeon was shocked to see how beautiful Sooyoung is. She quickly went to her and adores her beautifulness.

“You’re so beautiful, Soo!”

Sooyoung smiled, “Thanks!” Sooyoung hugged Taeyeon. She then broke the hug and look at her, “We should get going!”

“WAIT!” Taeyeon said as she took something at Sooyoung’s desk. Taeyeon then went at Sooyoung’s back and wear her something. Sooyoung took a look at it and saw the necklace that Donghae gave her. It suits her very well and it even matched on her dress.

“Now you look perfect!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

They then both went out of her room.

The whole place was filled with many people as the events starts. Donghae was with his grandfather as they entertain their guests. He keeps looking everywhere. It was as if he was looking for someone.

And that someone finally appeared before his eyes, the person he’s been looking for. But disappointment took over his face to see her with other man. Sooyoung came in with Taecyeon. It made Donghae a little bit angry but he ignores it. He doesn’t want to ruin the atmosphere in the event. He focuses himself at her beautiful face. It was as if he saw an angel that has finally come down. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He finally went to her.

“Soo!” Donghae said as he saw her

“Hae-Oppa!” Sooyoung said and let out the most beautiful smile

“I’m glad you come!”

“Of course!” Sooyoung said, “But~”

“But?”

“There are lots of people! I don’t think I can stay longer”

“What are you saying? You’re the most beautiful girl here!”

Taecyeon then looked at her, “Donghae is right! You are the most beautiful girl, Sooyoung. So no need to be afraid! Just enjoy the night!”

“Ne, Oppa!” Sooyoung smiled.

And they did. They enjoyed the whole night. They were having so much fun. Every second that passed by was just like forever for them. No time was wasted. And finally, Sooyoung took Donghae to the garden. She wanted to say something to him, something that she has always wanted to tell him.

“So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?” Donghae asked as they stopped by at the center of the garden where no one can see them and hear them.

Sooyoung turned around to him. She was nervous. She then took a deep breath and saw the sky.

“The sky is so beautiful!” Sooyoung said smiling, “It felt as if it’s also happy like me!”

“Oh! Ne!” Donghae said as he looks up at the sky.

Sooyoung then looked at him. She smiled widely. Her nervousness fades away as soon as she saw his smile. She then took out a paper bag and gives it to him.

“For you!”

Donghae looked at Sooyoung with curiosity. “What for?”

“Nothing!”

Donghae looked at her weirdly. “Just take it, okay? No need to give me that weird face!” Sooyoung said as Donghae took it.

She was waiting for him to open it but Donghae just kept it.

“Open it now!” Sooyoung said

“Right now? Here?”

Sooyoung nods. Donghae was puzzled. He wonders what was there that he must open it now. He then touched something and took it out. It was a book. He then looked at her.

“What is this?”

“Take a look!”

He first examines it. It looks familiar to him. He then opened it as he was curious too. And as he opened the first page, he was shocked to see what it was. ‘101 Days to say I Love You’ was written there. It shocked him. He once again looked at her.

Sooyoung just smiled at her. Though, she was nervous, she hopes that he’ll accept it. He starts to flip the pages and look at it all. It was a diary where she puts everything that she wanted to say or everything that happened to her. Poems and drawings of him for him were there too. He couldn’t believe it. Now he knows, the book that he saw at Sooyoung’s room was for him. He then laughs at himself.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked nervous

Donghae could only shake his head. He was speechless. He was very happy. Now, he knows. All this time, Sooyoung likes him.

Suddenly, Donghae put it back to the paper bag.

“I really wanted to read it all but…” Donghae said taking out something, “there’s something I wanted to give to you, too!”

Donghae then give her a box wrapped in a ribbon. Sooyoung took it and opened it. As she opens it, she was shocked to see what was inside. She reads the title page with disbelief.

“101 Days Method?” Sooyoung said as she laughs, “Oppa?”

“Weird, right?”

“You…you did it too?”

“Ne! I started the day, I met you!”

Sooyoung chuckled, “So, basically, today is the 101th day?”

“Ne!” Donghae nods. “Soo, I’ve always wanted to tell this to you, I love you!”

“I love you too Oppa! If you only know…”

Sooyoung then hugged him tightly. She never expected that he too was doing the same thing she does. It was very unusual of guys to write something like that. And now she knows, from the very start, Donghae likes her too.

They all went to school early today. They were all having fun like they always do before. They all misses the days they were like this.

“By the way, Not that I don’t want you to stay any longer at our house” Taeyeon said to Sooyoung, “But when will you two live together? We all know that you two were sibling already”

Sooyoung looked at Siwon, “Soon! Soo will move soon.” Siwon answered

“That’s good!” Donghae said, “You two should start acting like brother and sister!”

“Ne! I agree with Hae-Oppa!” Taeyeon said, “You need to fill in the long time that you two got separated!”

Sooyoung then smiled, “I just thought… World is truly small! I’m thankful that we finally meet up.”

The bell rang and all the students went back to their seats and so the class starts. Their class hours flew by so past. They all had fun. They missed it so much when they having nothing to worry anymore, where they could only think of good times and laugh about it. It was now time to go home. As they were all about to go, a car came in front of the school’s gate. The backseat windowpane opened revealing an image of young man inside. It was Donghae’s father.

“Ahbuji!” Donghae said as he saw his father in the car.

They then lookt to where Donghae is looking and bowed formally to Mr. Lee. They were all shocked to see Mr. Lee there. Mr. Lee then went out of the car and went to them.

“Annyeong Haseyo, Mr. Lee” they all said

“Ahbuhji! What are you doing here?” Donghae asked confused

Mr. Lee ignores Donghae and look at Sooyoung who was just looking down. “Oh, so you are Sooyoung. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other!” Mr. Lee said smiling

Sooyoung nods, “Ne, Lee-songsaegnim!”

“So, How’s your studies?” Mr. Lee asked, “I hope that the scholarship is a big help!”

“Ne! Lee- Songsaegnim! It was a big help. I was thankful myself especially to you because of the scholarship you gave me. I would forever serve you with all my might to pay for your kindness”

Mr. Lee chuckled, “Serve? I didn’t give you that scholarship for you to serve me. But I’m glad it helped!”

“What do you mean?” Donghae was curious, “What scholarship?”

“Oh, I have a scholarship program and Sooyoung was one of my lucky scholars.” Mr. Lee responded

“I haven’t heard of such scholarship program before!” Donghae said. He was puzzled

“Anyways, we better get going.” Mr. Lee said. They all bowed to him as he left them. But he looked back at Donghae. He was not moving. “I said, we better get going, Lee Donghae”

Donghae then went to the car and ride. He doesn’t know what was going on. He felt something wrong. As they left, Siwon look at Sooyoung. He wanted explanations from her.

“What you heard is true!” Sooyoung said

“So, the person who gave you scholarship was Mr. Lee? I didn’t know it was Donghae’s father!” Taeyeon said. She was shocked too.

“Ne, Me too!” Sooyoung said just bowing her head

“Mr. Lee is the kind of person who wouldn’t do this kind of thing! There must be something else!” Siwon said. He was suspicious of Mr. Lee’s actions

“No matter what it is, we’re here for you, Soo!”

“Don’t worry! I’ll protect you”

Sooyoung smiled to them. She was glad that she had such great friends and Oppa who’s willing to protect her. “Let’s go home?”

While Donghae and his father were in the car, Donghae kept asking him questions.

“Ahbuhji! What is this?” Donnghae asked

“What do you mean, Donghae?”

“Ahbuhji! You comepltely know what I mean! I know what you’re trying to do!”

“Donghae, don’t think nonsense things!”

“Ahbuhji! I know from the start that you don’t want Sooyoung with me”

“Donghae, you sound as if I’m going to do everything to take her away from you!”

“Isnt it, Ahbuhji?”

“Lee Donghae! Don’t you forget your position! You don’t know what she’s going to do to you! She’ll ruin your life!”

“She won’t, Ahbuhji! She’s my life!”

“WHAT? What did you say?”

“I love her! And I won’t let you do something to her!”

“You don’t even know her! She’s the type of person who goes after rich people and takes away their fortune!!!”

“She’s not that type of girl, Ahbuhji! She doesn’t need money! She’s kind and can survive without money! She already proved that! And it’s you who don’t know her, Ahbuhji! She’s Choi Soojin’s daughter!”

“What? You mean?”

“Ne, ahbuhji! She and Siwon are siblings. She’s the youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Choi who died in car accident years ago! I know that you are close with them!”

Mr. Lee couldn’t believe what he found out. He was quiet. “Ahbuhji, please!”

“I’m sorry, Donghae. But you are the future successor of our family business! And I’m not going to let any distractions come along your way.”

“But Ahbuhji~”

“I have decided. You are going back to New York! You’re going to study business and take over our family business and that’s final! If you really love her and she really loves you that much, you two can wait no matter how many years it takes!”

Finally, they arrived at their house. Mr. Lee went out of the car as the chauffer opened the door. Suddenly, Donghae went out of the car and took the driver’s seat. He drove the car away. He wanted some time alone, to think. He doesn’t want to leave her again. But what can he do? He’s the future successor of their business. He can’t let down his family, especially his grandfather. His grandafather was too weak to handle their business. He’s the only person who understands him and his grandfather has great expectations in him. He then turns the car around and goes somewhere.