Chapter 10: SC Election!

101 Days to say I LOVE YOU

 

Day 10

The next day, they went to school early. As they pass by the hallway, they saw students going wild. They all wonder and asked one of the students.

“What’s happening?” Donghae asked

“Look at the bulletin!” The student said and left.

They decided to go to the bulletin board and to their shocked it was…

“SC ELECTION?!” Taeyeon shouted

“Waeyo? What’s wrong?” Siwon asked curiously

“It’s been so long since the last batch of Student Council.” Sooyoung said “Something happened to the last batch of SC!”

“Actually, there is nothing wrong with the last batch of Student council. They were all from rich and known families and they were even at the top of the class. They were actually doing great, however, something came up. One day, everyone found out about the Student council’s president having an affair with a teacher and even cheating on exams.” Taeyeon continued “To that, the board decided to not have SC at all!”

“I wonder what happened that made them think of putting Student council again!” Sooyoung said as she makes her way to their classroom.

“But having Student Council is fun!” Siwon said as he put his bag at the side of the table.

Miss Baek came and announces to them something. “As you all know, there will be SC Elections next week. It’s been 3 years and after what happened, the committee decided to set new rules on SC election. The new set of election and requirements will be posted to the bulletin shortly before break. You must meet all the requirements needed!” Miss Baek announced, “By the way, who wants to run as SC officer?”

Both Donghae and Siwon raised their hand. Everyone was shocked.

“Ok! Just 2 of them?” Miss Baek asked

“Aniyo! It’s four of us!” Siwon said

“Me, Sooyoung, Siwon and Taeyeon!” Donghae said pointing them, “Four of us!”

“Ya! Are you crazy? I’m not going to run as SC officer!” Sooyoung exclaimed

“Well, it’s settle then! All four of you are going to run as SC officer! Good luck!” Miss Baek said exiting their room

Sooyoung tried to stop Miss Baek but it was too late

“Baek-songsaegnim! Songsaegnim! Please wait!” Sooyoung yell out, “Aish! Why did you say that?”

“Isn’t it fun if we’re all in this together?” Donghae said smiling at her

Sooyoung couldn’t do anything. She just sits at her seat with a hopeless expression. She has never been an SC officer or class officer in her life and she obviously doesn’t want to. She completely knows how hard it is being an officer. She actually hates it A LOT! Finally, it’s break time. All the candidates went near to the bulletin and look for the requirements. Sooyoung was shocked to see what the bulletin says.

“Th-This many? Are you kidding me? In order for me to be able to run as SC officer, I must have birth certificate, FBI clearance, and medical certificate, on top of the class, must come from wealthy family, recommendation letter of the adviser, committee’s approval and Psychological exam result?! I must also attend leadership program and be part of any community organization. AND MANY ELSE??? Seriously, who would want to be part of SC with this MANY requirements?” Sooyoung protested

Everyone who’s running for SC looked at Sooyoung. “Well, maybe all of you but not me!” Sooyoung said going back to their room

“Ya! Sooyoung!” Taeyeon called out running towards her

“I’m out! I’m OUT! I’M OUT!!! I can’t do this, ok? I’m not going to do this! First of all, I don’t have any organization and most importantly, I’M NOT from WEALTHY family!” Sooyoung yelled

“So, you’re backing out? Just because of those things, you’re backing out? I never thought Choi Sooyoung is such a quitter!” Donghae said mocking Sooyoung

“I’m NOT~”

“Then, let’s go and start taking care of the requirements!” Donghae said taking her by hand and run to the office. They start compiling all their requirements. After the class ends, they went to the coffee shop. Sooyoung and Taeyeon still work at the coffee shop. While thinking of what their platform will be, Siwon and Donghae decided to stay at the coffee shop. Luckily, there were not many customers around so they were able to discuss their platform with the boys.

“I wonder where the fun here is!” Sooyoung said one hand at her cheek.

“The fun comes after hardship! Just wait!” Siwon said laughing at Sooyoung

“I’ve never seen myself doing this kind of things! This is really bothersome!” Sooyoung complained even more

“Oh! Sooyoung, I have to go first! I almost forgot that my mom called me and told me to come home early!” Taeyeon said in a hurry

“You’re going to leave me here?”Sooyoung asked

“Mianhaeyo, Sooyoung! I must really go now! Today is Oppa’s comeback after serving to the military!” Taeyeon said leaving all of them behind.

“I’ll go with you! I need to go home now too! Annyeong, Donghae, Sooyoung!” Siwon said running after Taeyeon

“Great! Now we’re being left! I better close the shop now and go home too!” Sooyoung said standing up from her seat.

Donghae helped Sooyoung in cleaning the coffee shop and close it. After closing the shop, Donghae send Sooyoung home.

“I’ll send you home!” Donghae said as he went to Sooyoung

“It’s already late; your parents might worry about you!”

“They might be, they might be not! However, I’m sure they won’t worry about me today!” Donghae said as they start walking “They’re too busy to worry for their son!”

“But still you’re their son! Not unless you have a brother or sister to worry more about!”

“Nice try! But nope! I’m an only child!”

“And you don’t feel sad?”

“Why should I when I have everything that gives me happiness?”

“Happiness, huh? You mean “material things”! It can only give you temporary happiness you know!”

“Not that “happiness”! What I mean is “Real” Happiness- like you, like now!”

“Wh-what are you exactly talking about??? Don’t tell me you enjoy walking?”

“Why? Don’t you? I enjoy walking because I feel refreshed and walking together with someone doesn’t seem to be bad, right?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you and Taeyeon always like this? I’m pretty sure you always come home all by yourself!”

“Aniyo! It’s not like that!”

Finally they reached Sooyoung’s house. Her house isn’t that big and is suited for one person only. It has a kitchen, bathroom, sala and one bedroom- All enough for one person to live at.

“Would you like to come in?” Sooyoung offered Donghae

“Maybe next time. I just really want to see you come home safely!” Donghae said

“Oh! Then, good night? And thanks for walking me home.” Sooyoung said

“No prob! Good night!” Donghae said as he watches her close the door.

Donghae then went back home. He was so tired just while ago but after sending her home, he felt happy and all his stress fade away.

Day 11

“Ahhh!!! I never thought we would all actually pass!” Taeyeon screamed out

“Chukkahae!” Sooyoung said in a lively face

“How about you, Soo? Did you make it?” Siwon asked

All three of them were able to pass and completed the requirements.

“I told you! I wouldn’t make it!” Sooyoung said with a smile. She tries to show her cheerful side so they won’t worry. “Besides, not being able to take place as SC officer means the end, isn’t it? I can still run for next year!”

“You must, definitely next year!” Taeyeon exclaimed still feeling disappointed because Sooyoung weren’t able to meet the requirements.

While they were on the school’s lounge, thinking of their platforms and strategies to win, Miss Baek went to them.

“Oh! You guys are here! I’ve been looking all over for you!” Miss Baek said

“Waeyo, Songsaegnim?” Donghae asked

“We all know that Sooyoung wasn’t able to run for SC, right? However, the committee decided to put you as the School’s representative! Chukkahae, Sooyoung!” Miss Baek announced congratulating Sooyoung

“How did that happen?” Sooyoung asked shocked from what she heard

“It’s because of your outstanding grades and also you meet the requirements for School’s representative!” Miss Baek said happily

“Oh! Ne! Tall, model-like figure, smart and of course beautiful and should be a good speaker!” Taeyeon said in excitement “so, even though you can’t run for SC, you’ll still consider as SC officer because you’re our school’s representative!”

“Songsaegnim!” Sooyoung said

“Sooyoung, you must give your best, arasso?” Miss Baek said as she goes.

“Ne, Songsaegnim! Kamsahamnida!” Sooyoung said bowing 90 degree to Miss Baek

Sooyoung was so happy that she couldn’t contain her happiness. After that, they all started campaigning. They were going room to room and wherever you go, you’ll see posters, flyers and pins everywhere. They were all really busy. They didn’t waste time and took all the opportunities. Sooyoung would support them by being their campaign manager. Their entire opponents in candidacy for SC officers were astonished to what they have seen. They have never seen them like that.

Finally, after a long day, all they could do is to wait for the result of voting tomorrow. The announcement of SC officers will be soon revealed by tomorrow afternoon. They were so much excited for tomorrow. They knew they would have done it. They have so much confidence in them.

Soon after their class dismissal, they all decided to go home first and take rest. It’s been really a long tiring day for them.