The Talk

Fany, Beware of Siwon's Fist!!!

                                                                       

                          They all sat outside of the hospital under the night sky. Si Won stood against the wall while Fany sat beside him with her back to the wall. Dong Hae was walking back and forth in front of them sighing loudly.

“Okay.” Dong Hae said finally. Fany looked up excitedly.  “Really?! You’ll let him stay with us?!” Fany asked standing up and walking towards him. Dong Hae remained a blank expression. “As for now, until I get to know him more.” He said then stared at Si Won who slowly looked up at him with his head still down. Si Won’s eyes peered up at him with a crooked smile. “For now… a couple weeks should be fine.” Dong Hae said with his head high. Fany stood between them and sarcastically smiled.

                “Great then right Si Won?!” Fany yelled happily. Si Won stared at her and sighed with a slight smile. “Yeah, I guess.” He said. Fany looked down and then back up at him with a serious expression. “Fany, you stay here with grandma for the night. Si Won and I will go back home-“

“Dong Hae oppa, since it’s late, why don’t we all just stay here today and then we’ll all go back tomorrow?” Fany asked. He thought for a while then finally shook his head. “No, we’re leaving first. I’ll come get you and grandma first thing tomorrow morning.” He said. Fany slowly nodded and looked at Si Won who stared to the ground with no words.

                “Okay then, go back safely.” She said with a smiled and walked into the hospital door. She stopped and slowly turned back around with a wide smile on her face glancing from her brother to Si Won.

“Thank you for helping me, Si Won.” She said. Si Won smiled and nodded. Dong Hae watched as she disappeared then walked towards Si Won and stood beside him against the wall with a deep sigh.

            “Not working for Min Wah anymore?” Dong Hae asked looking at him. Si Won sighed and shook his head. “They threw me out. But I guess it was a good thing.” He said. Dong Hae patted his back and started to walk towards their home.

                “Why not let Fany know that we know each other?” Si Won asked confused. “She doesn’t know I used to work with Min Wah and you.” Dong Hae said. Si Won glanced at him and then looked down slowly nodding. “I don’t want her to worry. Especially now that my grandma is aging, we have to take better care of her.” He said. Si Won nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

                Fany entered her grandma’s room and walked quickly towards her. “Grandma!” She whispered nearing the bed. “Fany.” She said lightly opening her eyes slowly. She smiled reaching her hand out to hold Fany’s. “Where have you been? Grandma was waiting for you.” She said weakly. Fany grabbed her hand and smiled. “I was-“

“What happened to your face?” Grandma asked weakly in concern. Fany winced and turned the other way. “Ohhh! I forgot about my bruises!” She thought covering her face. Her grandma slowly sat up. “Fany.” She scolded. Fany slowly faced her.

                “Grandma, please don’t scold me. I was playing around and I fell down the stairs.” She said looking down. “I was being as careful as I could but-“

“It’s ok.” She said chuckling. “You need to learn how to keep yourself safe from harm.” She said smiling. Fany chuckled. “I try.” She said then her grandma lightly rubbed her bruises.

                Dong Hae and Si Won arrived at their house and walked inside. Dong Hae threw the keys on the table as they walked in. “Make yourself at home.” He said. Si Won nodded. “Sure.” He said looking around and coughed a little. “It’s small.” He said. Dong Hae scoffed.

                “Yeah, I doubt your place wasn’t huge either.” He said. Si Won lightly chuckled. Dong Hae grabbed a soda from the refrigerator and then walked towards Si Won and handed it to him then went to the bedroom. Si Won sat on the couch and drank his soda.

                “So what did you do after Min Wah threw you out too?” Si Won asked. Fany walked out to the living room. “Construction.” He said sitting down. “It’s better than nothing and it’s not even that difficult.” He said drinking his soda.  Si Won nodded and took a sip of his cold beverage. Dong Hae stared at him and looked down with a sigh.

                “So, what’s going on with you and my dongsang?” He asked. Si Won quickly looked up and laughed. “What about us?” He asked chuckling. Dong Hae swallowed and took a deep breath thinking about his conversation with Ki Bum and the guys not long ago.

            “Lovers?” He asked with a serious face. Si Won made a confused expression and laughed. “Lovers?” He asked laughing with a sour face. “You must be crazy! We just met by accident.” He said.

                “Yeah, that’s what they all say.” Dong Hae said looking down and then back up at Si Won. “Then next thing you know, they’re already in too deep and unstoppable.” He said. Si Won shook his head and chuckled. “No.” Si Won said lightly shaking his head looking down on the ground with his soda in his hand.