Story Time

Fany, Beware of Siwon's Fist!!!

A/N: Sorry, the intro might be a little dragging, but it's the intro, so it kind of has to be there... please be patient...

At the ocean sat the horizon of a beautiful sunset. Around the bonfires sat elders telling each other ghost stories and catching up from old times. With the elders were young adults around the age of 16 and older gathering and listening to learn while others were eating and barbecuing.

            A bigger crowd hovered over an elderly man named Choi Si Joon. Everyone sat around a huge bonfire that was in the middle, interested in his story.

“The story that I’m going to tell today...” he said before a long pause, watching curious eyes looking at him impatiently. Si Joon was always the best storyteller and a very kind elder man, but it was too bad that he lived far away from the area. He usually visits the beach when it opens once in a while only.

“...not many people know of…” he continued, “...and many have never heard of this story.” He said then looked around the crowd. “Some try to tell it… some try to change the story…but only I know the true story behind it.” He said pointing to himself.

“This is a story about…” he said then the crowd sat impatiently while he glanced around in silence. “A boy and a girl.” He said. Some of the girls gasped. He knew the girls and boys around the area were always waiting for him to tell a love story.

            “Yes! Finally a love story!” A girl yelled from behind the crowd. “Shut up Fany!” A guy yelled, pushing her further to the back. She snarled at him and slithered back up to the front. Si Joon chuckled and smiled towards Fany.

                “Correct.” He said pointing at Fany. “This is going to be my very first time telling you guys a love story.” He said smiling. Fany giggled and sat down quickly in a crisscross-applesauce position.

“Let me continue.” He said looking back at the whole crowd. “These two were madly in love.” He said with enthusiasm along with hand movements. “They were so in love that they would do anything for each other.” He said. Everyone seemed to lean in.

“After a few years of being lovebirds, they made a promise that the next day they would ask their parents to allow them to be one. To be married. They were so excited and couldn’t wait for the next day.” He said. Everyone smiled while Si Joon chuckled cleverly.

“But that day, the girl was home by her own with her mother and these men… these men in black masks broke into their house.” He continued. Every one gasped worriedly. “They stole a lot of things and then took the girl with them. The mother tried her best to get her back but it was useless. They beat her mother and then took the girl with them.” By now many people had sad faces on.

“Even though the girl was taken, the boy never came to her home that day to ask her parents to allow them to marry. Where did they take the girl? Where was the boy to begin with? Who kidnapped the girl? And could it be him?” Si Joon asked looking around with huge eyes. Some people shrugged and shook their heads.

            “Who?! Where?!” Fany yelled loudly with her fists clenched. She was sitting up tall in anger until the same man pushed her to the back again. “Continue Uncle Si Joon.” He said annoyed. Fany quickly crawled back to the front while Uncle Si Joon continued the story.

“Fany! Tiffany ah!” An elderly woman, around the age of 80 with a cane by her hand walking towards the bonfire, yelled not very loud. Her back crouched a little as she walked towards Fany’s circle. “Come on! We’re going to be late for dinner! It’s almost 8!” The elder lady yelled loudly with a crackly voice, looking around.

Fany quickly looked behind her and hid as fast as she could. “Shoot!” She said quietly slithering along the crowd. Fany was a tall and thin girl with long and thick dark brown hair that fell straightly down her sides. She had on blue jeans and a tight black shirt along with a thin sweater and a pair of gray converse.

“She always thinks I can’t see her…I can spot her anywhere.” The elderly woman said with an exhausted smile. “Please grandma…I don’t want to leave yet.” Fany thought crouching her back behind taller people with a pouting face, and at the same time still trying to listen to the story. Someone tugged on Fany’s sweater from behind. She quickly looked behind in fear and gasped when she saw who it was.

“Tiffany!” Dong Hae, her older brother, yelled with his arms crossed in front of his chest. Dong Hae was a muscular and of course charming brother. He had somewhat short brown hair with a beanie on and is tall and slim. He grabbed Fany’s tiny wrist and took her home with him.

“Grandma said she couldn’t find you.” He said with a bit of anger.  Fany slowly turned around. “Let go Dong Hae!” She yelled. He kept his grip tightly on her tiny wrist with a fierce look.

“Okay, okay...I won’t do this again.” She said wincing and looking down with a painful expression. Dong Hae let go of her wrist and put his hands in his pockets.

            “Let’s go home then.” He said with a sigh staring at her angrily, waiting for her to walk ahead so he could follow her. Fany rubbed her wrist and walked behind her brother slowly with her head low in sadness. Dong Hae sighed and looked around and then back at her head. Fany glanced at Uncle Si Joon telling his story and sighed in annoyance watching people listening and tuning in. Dong Hae quickly reached his hand over and hit her head forward. She turned around quickly.

                “Yah oppa! You want me to tell on you?!” She screamed in annoyance. “Keep walking… I was just putting some sense into you. Plus, you’re the one getting in trouble, not me.” He said walking ahead. She stood angrily not moving anywhere. He stopped and turned back around.

“Hurry up or I’ll eat up all the sushi I made at home.” He said jogging away. Fany’s face lit up. “Sushi?!” She thought excitedly then ran behind him. “My brother knows that my favorite food is sushi.” She thought happily racing him home.