Fany's Disappearance

Fany, Beware of Siwon's Fist!!!

Dong Hae and his grandma sat in the kitchen table with food in front of them. He ate up most of the food and had more dishes than his grandma. “Sorry grandma… Fany didn’t bring me lunch today so I had to eat some of my friend’s food. And I didn’t eat much.” He said sadly.

                “Fany didn’t bring you food?” Grandma asked confused. Dong Hae nodded.  “I called her but she didn’t pick up her phone either, so I don’t know where she is.” He said finishing his food. His grandma looked away puzzled.

                “What can that girl be up to lately?” She said looking down. “She’s been acting so strangely nowadays.” She said. Dong Hae looked at her. “What do you mean?” He asked his grandma who chuckled.

                “She’s been whining to me a lot about Uncle Si Joon’s story.” She said chuckling. Dong Hae stared at her blankly. “Uncle Si Joon? Who’s Uncle Si Joon? Last I heard, she didn’t have an uncle.” He asked curiously. She looked down. “The ‘best’ storyteller in this town.” She said smiling. “He was telling a very good story, according to Fany, when you dragged her down to home from the beach.” She said. “Oh.” He said looking around confused with a nod.

Sunny got back home from school and sat on her couch and closed her eyes to sleep. Her phone rang loudly beside her making her shake. She tiredly picked up.

“Sunny?” Dong Hae said. She quickly sat up. “Oh hi Dong Hae oppa.” She responded quickly sitting up on her couch. “Do you know where Fany is? She didn’t bring me lunch today and she’s not even home yet.” He said. She looked around confused. “Really?” She said. “I don’t know where she is. I was at school all day.” She said confused. Dong Hae sighed. “Oh ok then. Thanks anyways.” He said.

                “I’ll call you if I find her.” Sunny said then they hung up. She stood up and stretched with a yawn. She dialed Fany’s number and sighed when no one answered. “Where are you?” She thought confused.

Fany held the trash bag in her hand while Si Won ate his cereal on the table. “How can you have so much trash here?” She asked irritated finishing off cleaning. “I mean, you live alone!” She screamed. He shrugged his shoulders and continued eating. She stared at him when he wasn’t responding and sighed.

“Why’re you eating cereal this late?” She asked. He finished swallowing down his cereal and sighed. “Why do you ask so many questions?!” He asked. She scoffed while he continued eating again. She quickly finished cleaning then brushed her clothes off and walked towards Si Won, ready to leave.

                “Hey, do you think they could still be looking for us at this time?” She asked looking at her watch on her wrist. “It’s so late now.” She said. Si Won chuckled.

                “They have better things to do than look for us.” He said with a smile. She gave him a dirty look. “Huh? What’re you trying to say? You lied to me so I could clean your filthy house?!” She screamed madly.

                “You’re exactly right.” He said. She looked around and found a pair of his shoe and grabbed it and aimed for his head. She threw it straight at him but he dodged it and laughed.

            “Pig head!” She screamed opening the door and running out. He laughed putting the shoe back and walked slowly out behind her. Fany walked angrily outside the night sky with the lights making way for her. Si Won had on his dark hoodie and slipped on his hood walking silently behind her. He laughed when he heard her cursing him out and speaking badly of him. He looked around furiously finding the same exact car behind them.

            “I knew they’d come back!” He whispered in panic glancing at Fany who was walking ahead, minding her own business. He turned to look back at the car and sighed in frustration then turned to face the car driving towards them. He slowly took his hood off so they could see his face clearly.

“It’s going to be a fun night.” He said then quickly ran the other way, opposite from Fany’s. The car quickly turned around and chased after him. He glanced back to check on her and chuckled seeing her walking home peacefully.

                Fany skipped home with her milk by her side. “Dong Hae oppa! Grandma!” She yelled throwing the door open. “I’m home!” She yelled excitedly.

                “Tiffany!” Dong Hae yelled loudly it made her shake. “It took you a whole day to go buy milk?!” He screamed. She closed the door and crouched her back with wincing eyes. “Sorry. I got caught up with something and-“

“Caught up with what?! You always have excuses!” He yelled. Fany looked down. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” She said quietly. He scoffed. “You know I had to look everywhere for you! Where’s your phone? You don’t know how to pick up your phone now?!” He yelled walking nearer to her.

                “No. I have my-“ She searched her pockets and stopped speaking when she realized that her phone was nowhere on her. “Must be at Si Won’s house.” She thought blankly. Dong Hae continued to scream in her face.

            “Grandma and I were worrying sick about you being gone all day!” He screamed. “If you do that again I swear I will-“

“Dong Hae! Enough!” Grandma yelled walking out from her bedroom. “Finally grandma is helping me for once.” Fany thought relieved with a slight smile. “You’ll wake the neighbors. Scold her tomorrow.” She said. Dong Hae angrily walked to his bedroom and slammed his door while Fany frowned to herself. “Fany, go to sleep.” She said angrily and went back to bed. Fany stood speechless and looked down.