Concerned Oppa

Fany, Beware of Siwon's Fist!!!

As he entered, he received a call on his cell phone.

“Hello?” He answered closing the door behind him. “Si Won?” The sound of an old man’s voice said. He quickly sighed and hung up.

Fany arrived home soon that morning and yawned opening the door to enter. She found Dong Hae sitting on the kitchen table with grandma eating breakfast.

“Good morning grandma and Dong Hae oppa.” She said walking to her bedroom. “Good morning dear. Did you eat yet?” Grandma asked. Fany entered her room. “Yeah! Already ate at Sunny’s house! I’m going to take a shower!” She yelled walking into the shower. Dong Hae looked down and sighed.

“Grandma.” He said. She looked up at him who kept his head down to his bowl of food. “What’s wrong?” She asked concerned. He slowly met her gaze. “Do you ever think about Fany leaving us?” He asked. She narrowed her eyes. “Like… having her own life, I meant.” He said setting his spoon down.

            “Why do you ask me that out of nowhere?” She asked peculiarly. He shook his head and smiled a little. “Nothing… my friends at work really like her and they were telling me that she’s not going to live with us forever. It just… got me thinking.” He said with a chuckle.

“But who would ever want to marry someone like her right?” Dong Hae said chuckling and picking at his food. “She can’t even take care of herself.” He finished. His grandma sadly watched him eat.

                Fany got out of the shower and walked back to her room. She sat on her bed after a long exhale and suddenly jumped up when she finally thought of something. She quickly ran out to the living room.

“Grandma!” She yelled seeing no sign of Dong Hae. “Huh? Where’s Dong Hae oppa?” She asked. Grandma looked at her. “He wanted to go to work early today.” She said staring at Dong Hae’s half full bowl of rice.

                “Oh, right! Anyways! Grandma, do you know where Uncle Si Joon lives? I really want to hear his story he was telling at the beach that other night.” She pleaded. Her grandma scoffed and sat down on the couch. “No one knows where he lives.” She said with a deep inhale. Fany had a confused expression on her face.

                “What?! How can no one know?” She yelled. “You’re lying to me grandma.” She said with pouted lips. Her grandma looked at her. “If you can find out where he lives and get a ride then I’ll let you go.” Her grandma said with a scoff. Fany smiled. “Really?” She asked moving closer to her. Her grandma nodded. “Promise.” She said. Fany nodded and walked to her bedroom chuckling.

            Si Won walked into a grocery store and spotted a woman and her purse in the cart beside her. He took a deep breath and looked at the items around her, moving closer to her purse. He took quick glances at her who slowly drifted away from her cart to look at some groceries further away. He quickly grabbed her purse until a little boy walked to the cart and saw him.

“Mommy! Someone’s stealing your purse!” The little boy yelled, pointing at Si Won. “Dang it!” Si Won mumbled irritated, dashing out to the exit. Before he knew it, he was caught and police surrounded him. He glanced back catching a glimpse of the little boy holding her mother’s hand tightly. He sighed as they took him to the police station.

            Fany sat on the bench in the bright city after she sent Dong Hae his lunch. She quickly took her phone out and dialed Sunny’s number. “Hello? Unnie?” Fany said. “Hey Fany.”

“Sunny, do you know the whereabouts of Uncle Si Joon?” She asked. Sunny thought to herself confused. “Who’s Uncle Si Joon?” She asked scratching her head. Fany gasped. “He was the one who was telling the awesome story that night at the beach! You don’t know him?!” She yelled with tight fists. “Well, I obviously don’t know him.” Sunny said.

Fany sat and dialed her whole contact list. “Do you know the whereabouts of Uncle Si Joon?” She asked. “Uncle what?” Her aunt asked. Fany rapidly hung up.

“Do you know Uncle Si Joon?”

“You have an uncle?”

“Is he a new celebrity?”

“Who is this?”

“How did you get this number?”

Fany growled at all her answers and angrily got up out of her seat and walked home in anger. On her way she asked people on the streets who ignored her.

                Si Won walked with his father who bailed him out of jail. “This is Si Joon… my father. He adopted me when I was little. I never liked him much. But at times like this… he’s all I got.” Si Won thought as they walked into Si Joon’s car.

            “Son.” He said with a sigh. Si Won sat on the passenger side and looked out the window. “Come back and live with me.” He said. Si Won sighed. “You don’t even have to live with me. I’ll find a house for you to live on your own. I just need to know that you’re safe.” He said. Si Won stared at him.

                “I’m not a kid anymore dad.” He said looking at him and concentrating on the road. “I can survive on my own here.” He said carelessly. “I know you can survive on your own.” He said slowly. “I just worry.” Si Won closed his eyes and slept. His father glanced at him then back at the road.

                Fany walked home furiously in anger and sat down on the couch with a frown on her face. Her grandma sighed and chuckled after coming out of the bathroom. “Oh you’re back.” She said with a smile. Fany looked at her angrily. “Grandma, it’s not fair!” She yelled angrily.

                “I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.” She said. Fany sighed. “Come on. I know you know where Uncle Si Joon lives. Tell me please?” She pleaded. Her grandma shook her head. “I really don’t know where he lives. If I knew I would tell you.” She said with a laugh. Fany stared at her with an awkward face.

“What’s so great about his story anyways?” Grandma asked curiously. “You have no idea.” Fany said standing up and looking up to the ceiling exaggerating. “He makes all his stories so thrilling.” She said. “The last story I heard wasn’t finished and I want to hear it so badly!” She whined, stomping on the floor. The door suddenly opened with Dong Hae oppa walking in.

            “Oh you’re back!” Grandma said walking over to him and to the kitchen. “I made some food especially for you.” She said. Dong Hae glanced over at Fany and smirked. She stood speechless and coughed loudly. “Well, thanks grandma but I didn’t want some anyways.” She said rubbing her stomach and speaking sarcastically. “I already ate-“

“I wasn’t going to ask you anyways.” Grandma laughed. Fany scoffed and walked to her bedroom.

                Si Won sat in his apartment eating a bowl of noodles before his phone rang. “Hello?” He answered. “Si Won? Did you eat yet?” His father asked. Si Won coughed and looked at his bowl of noodles. “Don’t eat the bowl of noodles I left earlier in your apartment. I was cleaning your kitchen and you have no idea how much tidbit crumbs you had lying around. I even found some rat poop! So don’t eat it.” He said. Si Won threw up on the carpet disgusted.

                “You could’ve told me earlier!” He screamed standing up. “I just remembered now.” His dad answered chuckling. Si Won quickly hung up.

“You must be wondering why I hate him so much.” Si Won thought, cleaning up his mess. “He’s a great father, don’t get me wrong. But I feel that if I love him too much, then we’d be inseparable and I don’t want that. I want to move in with him, but I don’t want to be so close to him. I’m not a safe person to be around with and I don’t want him to get into any kind of trouble. He loves me so much. But all I can do is turn him down.”

            Si Joon drove his car and parked it outside of his house then walked in. His house was huge with more than 5 bedrooms. He lives by his own and has a collection of books written by him. Many were stories and others are random books that he reads to get ideas to write. He sat down on his couch and sighed deeply then closed his eyes and slept.