Who does he love?

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

Aron's POV

 

 

I listened to the rythm of the knife hitting the chopping board every time I would chop the carrot. As I reached the end of the carrot, I chopped faster. My skilled fingers always dodged the knife just in time.

As I poured the carrot pieces into the pot of boiling water, I heard MInhyun and JR's arguing in the livingroom.

"I'll ask him about it!" Minhyun hissed, trying to be quite.

"NO. He's my-" was all I heard out of JR's mouth before I heard a big THUD, then Minhyun walked in, a smile of triumphmant plastered on his face, carrying my phone. 

"Hello, hyung." he greeted.

"Hi?" I slowly asked/greeted him.

"So..........I-"

I cut him off. "What was that big thud in the livingroom?"

Minhynu burst out laughing. "Oh that. I threw a chair at JR!" he sounded so casual.

"What is he okay?!  Why did you do it?? Are you crazy, Min???" I shrieked at him. The pot at the stove seemed to match my mood in surprised anger, as the water was over boiling, making sizzling nioses as the droplets hit the stove. I grumbled and went to turn the stove to medium.

Minhyun came up from behind me. "Oh since when did you care about JR? And JR's fine, he's in the livingroom nursing his arm and his sides." Minhyun chuckled evily as he said the last sentence.

I frowned. "I've always cared about JR. He's the leader. Everyone cares about him. He's been through some rough stuff lately."

Minhyun's smile faded. "But you two.......are a thing, hyung!" his lips pressed together.

I rubbed my temples. "Oh god, did he tell you?"

Minhyun shook his head. "He didn't have to, I pieced it together."

Leave it to MInhyun, the smart boy. Clever, clever.

"How?" I questioned.

That's when I saw MInhyun's lips pull up into a disgusuted snarl. "With this." he shoved my phone screen in my face. 

I read the message. 

'Oh god. JR. I'm sorry. I should have told him.'

I ran a hand through my hair. Minhyun stepped closer to me. "You should have seen the look in his eyes. He was heartbroken. You know when your mother get a phonecall that her father just died at a car crash and she freaks and screams hysterically? That's what JR's eyes looked like. He wasn't screaming; not physically, but mentally."

I sighed. "Alright. Minhyun, it's a big misunderstanding."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Don't lie to me too, American Boy." he threatened.

"I was going to dump her ina few days, I just wanted to get some air with her. She's beautiful. We dated for two years in high school. I missed her alot ofter she dumped me." I explained.

"So, you do admit being in a relationship with her." he stopped and put a finger on his chin, thinking. "Aimee, was it? Sounds like an American name, for the American boy." Minhyun sneered.

I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, tending to the food again. I did not want to get in a fight with Minhyun, he was almost half a foot taller than me, so he was stronger by comparision.

To my surprise, Minhyun shoved me, pinning me against the wall. He pressed the side of his arm against my throat. His other hand grabbed both my hands and pinned them on top of my head. I coulnd't go anywhere now. He had skillfully trapped me.

"Okay, what do you want Min?!" I said frustrated.

"I want you to dump her. It's only been three weeks with JR. Three. Weeks. And how could you hurt JR so early into you relationship?" Minhyun's eyes softened. He's such a nice boy, and you broke his heart with your...............plastic Aimee." Minhyun growled. I gulped. 

I didn't know Minhyun could be this scary.

"What does she look like?" Minhyun smirked as he asked.

"Let me go, and I'll show you." I offered.

Minhyun shoved me aside, not caring that I landed on my . I stood up and glared at him. "Geez Min, how could you be this mean."

He snarled at me. "I'm only this mean when you hurt my best friend."

I yanked my phone out of his hands, and searched for a picture of her. I found the best one and turned the screen towards Minhyun.

He laughed bitterly. "What the hell, Aron. JR and Ren are both prettier than her! What kind girl did you get? A white girl? Seriously?"

"She's beautiful." I defended.

"Get the hell out." I heard JR's rough voice command. I turned towards him. He had a hand tending his arm, which I guess MInhyun bruised with the chair.

Minhyun glared at me. His lips were formed in a thin line.

"Jonghyun-" I began.

"Don't call me that, I've heard that name enough." he shook his head, causing his bangs to cover his right eye.

"JR, I love you and only you. Really." I pleaded. "I was going to dump her in a few days because I wanted to be witih you!"

I saw the leader's eyes soften just for a few seconds before they were burning in digust at me."I don't care. You do not love me. I do not love you."

My heart cracked in half. 

'What have you done, Aron?' my mind wearliy asked me.

"Please JR! You have to believe me!" I begged.

"Get out." he pointed towards the door.

"Are you kicking me out?" I asked, panicking.

"No, I just don't want to see you and your face for a few hours." he opened his mouth to say something else, before shutting it again.

"JR, don't do this." 

"Get the hell out, now Aron!!" JR shouted furiously. I saw him lunge towards me, but MInhyun pinned his arms behind his back.

"Fine." I said bitterly. I slammed the door shut as I left, not knowing where to go.

 

JR's POV

 

Right as he slammed the door, I collapsed, crying quietly on the ground.

Minhyun sat beside me, his hand on my shoulder, muttering words of kindness to me. 

"How could he do this, Min? I loved him. I trusted him. I poured my heart out to him." I buried my face in my hands, feeling worthless.

Minhyun was silent, not knowing any words to say, but I knew that did not mean that he didn't care.

Minhyun stood up, offering me his hand. I grabbed it and he helped me to my feet. His silent gesture was enough for me to know he cared. He gave me a hug, and I could just hear him say 'It's going to be alright.' like he always did when he lost a card game to me.

 

Minhyun's POV

 

We both used Aron's food already on the stove to give us a headstart on making dinner. As I was finding a spice, I peeked over at the leader. I could tell he was trying to be strong and not cry.

In our silence, the sound of Aron's vibrating phone interuppted it. I saw JR nervously glance at it, then he burst into uncontrallable sobs.