Sunggyu's Idea

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

"JR.......I know what it's like to try to be strong. To fight an urge so strong it drives you insane. I know because-" he rolled up his long sleeve shirt. In the crook of his elbow was a long scar that travled up his arms, about 8 inches long. "I've tried suicide before too. Only once, but it was horrible. I spent more than a month in the hospital and more than a year in rehab. My friends; Dongwoo, Hoya, Myungsoo, Seungyeol, WooHyun, and Sungjong all helped me. I'm better now. If I did it years ago at your age, you can do it too. Put in so much effort that you get exhausted." he assured me.

Then, the older one looked at Aron.

"Aron, I know what it's like to try so hard for someone you care so much about. I know it gets frustrating, but you have to be patient. The key to recovery is patience. When you're patient, you're calmer and kinder. Be there for JR. And I know you sometimes feel pathetic because you think are not much help to JR's recovery, but you're a huge toll! You're his support. He needs you and you need him." Sunggyu finished.

Both of us were stunned at Sunggyu's 100% accurate statements.

"JR, if you have any suicidal thoughts, write them down in every careful detail and bring me the paper. It will help, I promise." Sunggyu suggested.

He looked at Aron. "I need to talk to you in my room."

 

 

 

 

Aron's POV

 

I followed Sunggyu into his bedroom. Right as I stepped in, he quietly closed the door.

I squinted my eyes to adjust to the bright (almost blinding) light filling the room. All the sunshine poured in from a huge clear glass window that took up the whole left wall of the room. I surveyed the rest of his room. He had a queen sized bed pressed up against the right wall. On his bed was a variety of pillows of every shape, size, color, and texture; even if they didn't match his sheets. The desks and drawers in his room looked expensive, for they were made of dark wood with a natural gloss to it. They had intricate designs carved on the sides and front. His closet was a room the size of a small bathroom. Also in his room, was another door, which was closed. I was pretty sure that was his bathroom. I wondered if it was as exquisite as the rest of his room.

Sunggyu pulled a chair from under his desk and sat in it.

"You can sit." he pointed to his bed, diagnal from him.

I slowly sat on his bed, wondering what he wanted to tell me.

He laced his hands together and looked at them before sighing softly.

"I........have an idea. You might not agree with me, but I think this is nessecary." he looked up and firmly gazed into my eyes.

I paused for a minute and tried to think what he could be trying to say.

Was it something about me?

About Nu'est itself?

Sunggyu began. "I'm thinking............of sending JR to a rehab."

I froze.

He must have saw the shock on my face so he added in quickly, "Just temporarily."

My mind spun. JR at a rehab for self-harming and suicidal teens. Away from me. Away from all of the other members. For....who knows how long?

"We could work something out. Maybe like, he could stay there for a month, come home for a few weeks, and leave again. Or if you're going to be really commited, maybe you could bring him back to your dorm every night and return him back every morning, or vice versa." Sunggyu moved his hands, drawing an infinite symbol.

"I........." I didn't have any words.

Sunggyu's eyes bared into mine, a determined look in his eyes. "Aron dongsaeng, if JR is having suicidal thoughts once or twice a day, he definantly needs some professional help. He could still come to see me, too."

Finally, I found my words. "Yes, I know. I really want him to get better because I hate how he's doing this to himself. I'm afraid he's going to snap one day and just do it. The thing is, I don't know HOW I can get this to work. None of the other members, including Manager-hyung, have no idea that JR is like this. JR wants to keep it a secret. I don't.....................hyung, how can I work this out?" I was so frustrated. 

It was obvious both me and Sunggyu wanted to help JR recover, but I had no idea how I could fit it in the time to do so without society wondering and making rumors and such.

Sunggyu sighed. "I was trying to figure that out too. Honestly, I don't know." he rubbed his neck, thinking. 

"Could you give me two days to think about this?" I suddenly asked him.

Sunggyu seemed slightly surprised but nodded. "Two days. Okay. But, please, please let JR get some professional help. It'll be hard, but he can do this."

I smiled a little.

Sunggyu and I stood up at at the same time, but he reached the door before me. He opened it, waiting until I was out of the doorway before following after me and closing it.

When we reached the livingroom again, I saw JR with an innocent smile on his face as he talked to a frail looking boy. The boy's cheeks were hollow and his legs and arms were way too thin. His bones bulged through his layers of clothing, which looked too bulky for him.

JR and the boy were playing some kind of game using your hands and fingers. JR didn't seem to notice me at first, for he was too busy concentrating. 

As the two innocent boys played their game, I noticed JR was the only one talking. The other boy did not speak at all, he only nodded or shook his head.

Sunggyu went over to the boy and leaned down to whisper something in his ear. The boy's eyes brightened and he nodded. Sunggyu grinned warmly.

"This is Woohyun." Sunggyu introduced the fragile boy.

"Annyeong." I smiled politely at Woohyun. He smiled, but his lips stayed pressed closed, showing none of his teeth.

"Thank you for coming." said Sunggyu.

I chuckled quietly. "No problem." 

As I was leaving, I felt JR's hand eagerly reach for mine. I turned my head and saw him (and his adorable eyes) smiling up at me. "Oppa~" he teased before getting up off the couch, his hand still linked in mine.