The Session

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

JR's POV

 

Aron and I sat down on Sunggyu's red couch. Sunggyu came over and placed a tray of sweets in front of us. "Have some. Woohyun made them." I saw his smile spread as Woohyun was mentioned.

"Who's Woohyun?" Aron asked him.

Sunggyu looked down at the floor. "A special friend of mine. He's usually really tired, so he's probably sleeping right now."

Aron silently mouthed an 'Oh' with his mouth and nodded.

Sunggyu sat in an armchair diagnol from us. He sighed softly then said to me "Welcome."

I nodded, not knowing anything else to say.

"Please don't feel awkward, JR. I'm here to help you. I'm not going to take notes or anything because this is more of a friend thing." he glanced at Aron. "If you want him to leave-"

"No. I want him to stay." I interuppted, then covered my mouth because of my rudeness. Sunggyu didn't seem to mind that I had interuppted him. 

"Alright. Uhm.........let's just start with basics. How are you?" he asked me.

"I'm much better." I answered him.

"Oh that's very good!" Sunggyu grinned, his eyes seeming to disapear.

I smiled back. "Yes, Aron helped me a lot."

Sunggyu looked at Aron, satsified. "Good job Aron." 

Aron blushed and looked down at the sweets before reaching over and getting two; one for me, one for him.

I took the sweet, nibbling on the outside a bit.

"Have you cut lately?" Sunggyu questioned me, surveying me intently.

"One a few weeks ago, but no more." I said honestly.

"Good, good. Any suicidal thoughts been happening?"

I gagged in surprise on my cookie at his question. The older man (he's only like what 24?) waited patiently. I felt Aron's eyes on me, concerned as usual.

I my lips, which were covered in crumbs. "Yes." I answered to Sunggyu's question.

Aron's face flooded with a heavyhearted expression.

"How many times?"

I leaned back on the couch and thought. "Once or twice a day."

Aron buried his face in his hands and sighed deeply into them.

I felt ashamed of myself. Aron had worked hard to help me forgive myself. He had been so patient with me. Of course, he had helped me, but you can't break a habit you had for more than 4 years. 

"I'm sorry..." I muttered to Aron.

He didn't reply.

Sunggyu just watched us, not saying anything..

I thought Aron was mad at me. I was conscience-striken. I was angry at myself for having those thoughts, when I shouldn't. Aron made me happy to live everyday, but the suicidal thoughts just ran back to me, not knowing where else to go.

"It's alright. It's alright." Aron tried to assure me, or perhaps himself.

"Aron. I'm sorry, I should have told you." I whispered to him.

"It's alright." He reiterated.

Sunggyu blinked.

Before I could speak, he began before me. "I just don't want to loose you or come close to loosing you ever again."

Sunggyu seemed to now got the point that Aron and I were a couple. He looked between us, at me, then Aron. He didn't mind that we were a couple, and I liked that about him.

"Alright, Nu'est boys." Sunggyu cut us off, not wanting neither of us to start crying. His eyes had a look in them that promised he would keep JRon a secret.

Aron and I flickered our eyes at him.

"JR.......I know what it's like to try to be strong. To fight an urge so strong it drives you insane. I know because-" he rolled up his long sleeve shirt. In the crook of his elbow was a long scar that travled up his arms, about 8 inches long. "I've tried suicide before too. Only once, but it was horrible. I spent more than a month in the hospital and more than a year in rehab. My friends; Dongwoo, Hoya, Myungsoo, Seungyeol, WooHyun, and Sungjong all helped me. I'm better now. If I did it years ago at your age, you can do it too. Put in so much effort that you get exhausted." he assured me.

Then, the older one looked at Aron.

"Aron, I know what it's like to try so hard for someone you care so much about. I know it gets frustrating, but you have to be patient. The key to recovery is patience. When you're patient, you're calmer and kinder. Be there for JR. And I know you sometimes feel pathetic because you think are not much help to JR's recovery, but you're a huge toll! You're his support. He needs you and you need him." Sunggyu finished.

Both of us were stunned at Sunggyu's 100% accurate statements.

"JR, if you have any suicidal thoughts, write them down in every careful detail and bring me the paper. It will help, I promise." Sunggyu suggested.

He looked at Aron. "I need to talk to you in my room."