Chapter 25

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

Baekho's POV

 

After Ren left the kitchen, the four of us sat quietly. Lost of words.

I turned and looked at JR and Aron. "So, you guys..............are together?"

Aron nodded slowly and hesitantly, looking at JR as he nodded.

JR just looked at the ground.

"Wow." I still couldn't believe it.

"You got a problem with it, like Ren?" Aron snapped at me.

I put my hands up, as if I was surrendering. "Not at all. If you two are happy, then I am. I don't mind at all." I reassured him.

A silence filled the kitchen again. After a few minutes, I spoke up.

"I guess I'll go talk to Ren. I don't see why he has a huge problem with this." I spoke quietly.

"No, leave him alone. He's like a balloon, full of hot air. Once you leave him alone, he'll calm down." Minhyun suggested. I nodded, remembering the true Ren who truly was like a balloon with hot air inside it.

I didn't have anything to do anymore, so I continued cooking dinner, like I had been before. Luckily, the meat I was cooking hadn't burnt yet.

I heard Aron and JR mumbling to each other, both of them sounding harsh and snappy.

I tried to ignore them. I had to admit, I was scared. I wasn't scared of Aron nor JR. But I feared that Nu'est was going to break up. With JR and Aron fighting and Ren threathening to tell Manager-hyung that JRon was for real, we might actually fall apart. I didn't want that. I wanted NU'est to stay together becasue LO/\Es were still supporting us so much and we couldn't just let them down.

I brought myself back to reality as I smelled the meat beginning to have a small burning aroma.

"Aish..." I hissed to myself. I put the meat onto a plate and began to cook another piece.

"Stop it!" I heard JR shout and a painful slapping sound was heard. I immidiantly whirled around and asked worridely, "What's wrong?!"

I expected to see Aron's face with a red mark on it, but instead his whole hand was tomato red. It looked like it hurt, and I could tell it did hurt him from the grimace on his face.

"Don't touch me." the leader cautioned his boyfriend(?).

"You're the one who attacked me first. I'm just trying to calm you down." Aron retorted, cradiling his hand which had gotten even redder.

Minhyun looked dejected as he looked down at his hands. I could easily tell he didn't like their arguing. Minhyun was more of a peaceful, quiet, and friendly boy. Make him mad and he will hurt you though.

"You need to calm down!" JR pointed his index finger at Aron's chest. "You need to calm your hormones, Aron." he bitterly reminded the other boy.

"Oh please, not this again." Aron gritted. "We did not have-"

JR harshly cut him off. "Yes you did!"

As they continued their arguement, it got more fierce and heated as they both shot rude comments at each other. I got tired of listening to them, so I eventually blocked out their words to each other and didn't hear the rest. 

 

I didn't want to hear anymore.

 

As it got to the point where Aron was shouting loudly and JR had smoke and lava pouring out of him, Minhyun finally broke the argument.

"Stop it! I can't tolerate this!" he demanded. At the sound of a diffrent voice, I turned around and saw Minhyun standing up. He looked furious.

"Stop! Just stop!" Minhyun reiterated. "Why are you guys even together if you guys are saying 'You're a piece of low-lying anyways!' and 'Don't come back to me!' ? You two should be one of the most sturdiest couples out there. If you two are going to argue, you shouldn't be together! People who love each other don't call each other horrible names like the ones I heard." he almost roared at them.

All three of us were stunned at his sudden outburst.

"Apologize to each other." Minhyun told both of them, dead serious.

I almost cracked a smile. Minhyun; such a peace maker. Almost like the mum of all of Nu'est.

Aron furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"You heard me." he snapped. "Apologize. To. Each. Other."

JR stared blankly at Aron, then his eyes darted up to Minhyun.

"Mianhae." Aron mumbled awkwardly at JR.

"That's not an apology! You look like you don't even mean it." Min urged.

Aron looked annoyed, but agreed. He looked JR straight in the eye and said boldy, "I'm sorry. I should be more patient"

JR still looked blank, as if he didn't accept the apology. "It's fine." he replied in a monotone voice.

Minhyun glared at JR. "Now your turn."

"Sorry~" JR sneered before getting out of his chair and storming out the kitchen.

As he left, Aron sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair. I heard him muttering to himself.

I turned off the stove, not wanting to cook anymore. "There's some chicken I cooked on the stove." I mumbled before quickly retreating up into my room.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I was lonely. I was exhausted. Exhausted from fighting with Aron. I don't know why I keep attacking him. Maybe because I'm scared he'll cheat on me again. Maybe because I don't feel his love. I'm not even sure.

Stressed out, I decided to call Sunggyu. I wanted to tell him everything. My dream, the arguments, everything that has happened so far in just a day.

I unlocked my phone and searched through my contacts until I found Sunggyu. I reluctantly dialed his number, hoping that I wasn't going to bother him.

After two rings, he picked up. "Yobosaeyo?"

"Annyeong. It's Jonghyung." I informed him.

"I can tell." he laughed lightly.

"I...just want to talk. It's been so stressful lately at our dorm."

"I'm here for you, donsaeng." he assured me kindly, urging me with his kind tone to spill everything.

I did tell him everything. I told him about my nightmare I had. The exact words Aron and I had said to each other while arguing. Ren being homophobic and threathening to tell our Manager. About Minhyun making us apologize to each other. About how I left the dorm and was down at a small beach coast about 20 blocks away.

In the end, I ended up crying to Sunggyu after confessing everything. 

"Please don't cry. It's been so hard in just a day for you. It must be so frustrating." the older man told me softly. I could almost feel his gentle hug through the phone.

"I just don't know what to do. I don't even want to imagine the other days when Aron and I have to face each other." I sniffed, quickly wiping my tears since I was in public. "And we even have a concert soon." I sighed.

"You should apologize. If he already apologized, maybe you should too."

"But I don't have anything to apologize for. He cheated on me. He used me." I unconsiously whined.

"Talk to him some. You need to work things out." Sunggyu pled.

My fingers played with the sand underneath it.

"I don't even know if I can see him the same anymore. I don't even trust him." I admitted, feeling my lip quiver. I couldn't hold my tears anymore before they spalshed onto my lap. (I was sitting on the beach, the waves gently nipping at my toes.)

"It will be alright, JR. I promise." he told me gently.

I was going to say something else before I heard the familiar high-pitched screams of many girls. "Aish...I have to go Sunggyu. Thank you for letting me talk to you."

"Anytime." he replied before hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and wiped my tears and tear stains very quickly. About 5 girls ran to me, screaming happily.

"Oppa!~" they shouted cheerfully at me. I smiled at the fangirls. "Annyeong." I hugged all of them one by one. Each girl's reaction was the same; crazy and extremely happy. As I hugged the last girl, I saw two Nu'est rubber bracelets barely covering multiple scars on her wrist. Wanting to surprise her, I grabbed her hand and flipped her arm to where her scars where face-up. I noticed a fresh one, done maybe a day or two ago.

"Please stop. Don't you dare do this again." I pleaded her, kissing her scars. Her emotions got the better of her and her tears flooded her cheeks. She was sobbing uncontrollably. "Don't cry. I didn't yell at you." I laughed softly. 

She nodded as she looked down at the ground and wiped her tears as she was still sniffling.

"Promise me. Promise not to do it ever again. You are much better than this." I smiled kindly at her as I spoke my words.

She cried again and bit her lip. Her 4 friends were also crying and they hugged each other in a group hug. I surprised myself (and them) and joined in their group hug.

After they broke apart from their hug, I gave them all autographs and took a picture with all of them. I watched as they said farewell and left happily chattering. The self-harming girl in the middle of the group.

 

 

You know, funny how just a few people can suddenly lift your mood.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Oh how I wish I was that fan that was hugged by JR ;w;

Please comment, I love reading them. \^^/