Sunggyu and Woohyun

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

JR POV

 

"Are you angry at me, JR?" Aron nervously asked me as we stepped into the elevator. I turned my head just slightly to look at him in the corner of my eyes. 

"To be honest, yes, I'm upset." I replied with a sigh.

"Are you disapointed in me, too?" he asked, lacing our fingers together right as the elevator door closed.

"Never. I am just upset in your decision." I told him with no hesitation of my word choice.

Aron looked down at the ground.

After I had saw Aron's cuts, I literally dragged him out the dorm and told him we were going to Sunngyu's apartment (I didn't care if he wanted to or not) because both of us were going to need  help if we wanted to recover from self-harming.

I made a promise to myself; I was willing to stop a habit I have had for 4 years. It was literally as challenging as stapleling Jell-O to a tree. I knew this was going to be hard. One of my greatest challenges yet. But I realized that if I was going to help someone I loved more than my own life, I would have to change myself.

I heard the ding! of the elevator bell go off, signaling the arrival of the floor of Sunngyu's room. 

 

I really hoped we wouldn't see Aimee.

 

Not today.

 

Not right now.

 

 

Not ever again.

 

 

 

lucky for us, Aimee was no where to be seen. Aron and I travled down the hallway until we saw Sunngyu's room number. I knocked on the door. No one answered. I knocked again, anxiously. Still, no one came to let us in. I knocked once more. This time the door opened. I expected to see Sunngyu's eye smile, but instead was greeted by a scowling Woohyun.

"Annyeong." He greeted us slowly. After a few seconds, his scowl melted into a smile. I guess he didn't know who we were for a little bit, before the familiar faces filled his mind again.

"JR!" He exclaimed, ushering us into the luxorious livingroom of the apartment. I grinned at him and greeted him, Aron copying me afterwards.

Woohyun urged us to sit down. He brung us some fresh tea and freshly cut fruit for snack.

"Thank you." Aron thanked him and bowed politely. Woohyun nodded in reply and looked at me.

"Why are you here today? Are you okay?" He asked worridely.

"Ne. I am here because of Aron." 

Aron looked down at the floor in shame. Woohyun had a sympathetic look on his face. He  turned his face to look at Aron. "Stop right now. Never again."

Aron remained silent. His silence eventually led to all three of us being quite.

I broke the silence. "So, ehm, you look better. How are you?" I knew that he knew that I was referring to his anorexia. Aron nodded, agreeing with me.

Woohyun answered with no hesitation or awkwardness in his voice. "I'm much better now than a few months ago. I've gained about 10 pounds, thanks to Gyu-hyung." His face seemed to light up as he said Sunngyu's name.

Sunngyu, appearing out of no where, wrapped his arms around the sitting down Woohyun's neck from behind. Woohyun jumped a little in surprise before resting his hands on Sunngyu's arms. 

Sunngyu kissed the top of Woohyun's head. 

"Annyeong, JR- donsaeng. Annyeong, Aron-dongsaeng." He welcomed us after he was done.

"Annyeong" we both coincidently spoke in unisision.

"How have you been, JR?" 

"Okay. No cuts." I pricked a piece of fruit using a toothpick and ate it.

Sunngyu beamed. "Great!" He sat down beside Woohyun, their hips pressed together.

 "I heard about the one incident where Aron lost concience after a concert. Are you okay? He asked Aron.

"Ne. It was just because of muscle exhaustion and dehydration. I'm okay and well rested for our next concert." He replied confidently.

"You must not be as confident as you sound if you have those on you." Sunngyu pointed to Aron's cuts. 

"That's why we are here." I informed.

"Aron..." Sunngyu began.

Aron jabbed a toothpick into a piece of fruit.

"Stop. Don't do this again. This is a road with a dead end." He warned Aron sharply.

"Is that all you're going to say?" Questioned Aron, chewing his piece of fruit.

"What more should I say when your boyfriend is going through the same thing you are and wouldn't want to hear the same things he heard millions of times before?"

Aron made a soft 'Oh' sound.

Sunggyu thought carefully, choosing his next words. "However, it is really important that both of you support each other more than ever."

"Mhm." I hummed.

Sunggyu's lit up. He told Woohyun to get him a black permanant marker. Woohyun returned quickly, sure enough, with a black marker. He reached for Aron's wrist, the one that had cuts, and pulled the lid off the marker. Sunggyu carefully wrote out 'Kim Jonghyun' in neat hangul on his wrist, hiding the cuts because of the writing written across it. Woohyun wrote 'Kwaak Young Min' on my wrist.

"What's this for?" Aron asked curiously, inspecting his wrist carefully. I was also very curious.

Sunggyu tilted his head slightly before answering. "This is here to remind both of you that you are not going to harm yourselves because that person you love, whom's name is written on your wrist, is still loving you and would be heartbroken if you self-harm again."

Both of us nodded, clearly understanding.

"The point is not to cut while the ink is still dark because you are cutting over the writing, which is like hurting your lover. But when the ink begins to fade, rewrite it." Sunggyu paused. "Understand?"

"Ne. This is a smart idea." I complimented him, really inspired and confident that this would work. I saw Aron eat another peice of fruit. "Do you inderstand, Aron?" I gently asked him.

"Yeah."

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek before helping him up off the couch. "Let's go back home."

With his cheeks stuffed with fruit, Aron tried to say 'Yes', but utterly failed. All of us laughed.

"Thank you for your help, Sunggyu." I gratefully spoke to the older man, bowing afterwards.

"Anytime."

Aron swallowed his food and thanked Woohyun and added in, "I hope you recover soon, Woohyun-hyung."

As the both of us left their room, I prayed.

 

I prayed so hard.

 

I prayed that this would work.