Movie Night

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

Minhyun's POV

 

I sigh as I press 'End call' on my phone's screen. "What did my cousin want at a time like this? Randomly calling me like that." I muttered to myself, tucking my phone in my pocket. Right before I put it in my pocket, I notice the time was 7:11. We had talked for about 30 minutes.

"Geez..." I muttered again. I opened Nu'est's room door.

I surveyed the livingroom. "Aron hyung?" I called out. The TV was still on, although Aron was no where to be seen.

"Aron?" I called again.

This time I heard the quick shuffling of feet in the hallway and bathroom.

"Aron?" I slowly stepped closer to get a better view into the hallway.

I saw Aron running out from behind the turning corner. "Ah! Minhyun! I was just-" he peeked around his shoulder. "Uhm I was just talking to JR! Just talking! Nothing else!" he spewed out the words quickly, taking no breath for air.

My right eyebrow rose up in puzzlement. "Oh....................'kay. Where's JR?" I asked Aron.

Aron fiddled with the button on his shirt. "He's in the bathroom. He just finished showering."  I nodded. 

"JR?" I shouted out.

I saw the leader stroll out casually from behind the corner where the bathroom was located. "Oh. Annyeong, Minhyun." he gave a small smile.

I narrowed my eyes at him and analyzed him. "Have........have you been crying JR-ah? Your eyes are very....shiny." I asked him.

JR gave a weak laugh. "No. I accidently got some shampoo in my eyes while showering."  I nodded. Shampoo does sting your eyes. 

"It's about 15 past seven. We should leave soon. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the movie theater." I informed the two.

They both nodded. 

"What kind of movie are we watching?" Aron asked me curiously.

I grinned. "A horror movie! The best one so far; or so I was told by my cousin."

JR also grinned. "Alright! We should go right now, so we can get in earlier." he grabbed his wallet and tucked it in his back pocket.

 

Aron's POV

 

JR grabbed his wallet and tucked it into his jean's back pocket.

My eyes followed his hand as he stuffed it in.

That .

"Ugh.....not again." I uttered out loud.

JR gave me a confused face. "What is it?"

I felt my cheeks getting warm. "Nothing! I forgot to get my wallet!" I replied quickly. I started to scurry to my bed to search for my wallet.

JR stopped me by touching my arm. "Aron Hyung~" he said in a teasing tone. A hint of amusement in his voice.

"A-ah yes?" 

"You're wallet is in your back pocket, in your jeans. I saw it." he informed me cockily.

A sudden thought filled my head. JR checked me out

My heart fluttered with excitement.

"Thanks." I replied.

Then all of us left, JR driving us to the theater.

 

3 hours later. After the movie.....

 

Third person POV

The Nu'est members all ran into their room. Baekho, Ren and JR laughing as they teased each other.

"Baekho-ah! You shoul have seen your face when the little ghost girl popped up and murdered the maid!" Ren giggled.

"Your face was hilarious when the cat got it's brains smashed out with a hammer!" Bakeho countered.

JR chuckled. "Didn't you guys here Minhyun scream when the ghost girl pulled the father into the basement? He sounded like his phone's ringtone!"

Ren and Baekho burst out laughing. "Yeah! His weird singing llama or monkey ringtone!"

Minhyun jogged over to the trio and pouted. "I got surprised! JR, you should have seen your reaction when the cat got sliced in half! You gripped Aron's arm so tight that it looked like his blood couldn't get through!" Minhyun laughed loudly.

Aron grinned. "It's alright. JR-ah was scared. Seems like I'm the most manliest." he wiggled his eyebrows.

Their manager strolled in. "I see you guys liked the movie. I personally chose it."

"It was good movie." Minhyun commented.

The others nodded.

"Sorry to be a party pooper, but you all need to sleep. It's 11:30. You all have to get up early tommorow to record a song." he reminded.

Baekho moaned. "I don't want-"

The manager cut him off. "Go to sleep."

All the memembers obidiantly went, all agreeing to shower in the morning.

 

JR's POV

 

Still in my skinny jeans, I threw myself into bed, now exhausted even though it was only 11:30.

Ren quickly fell asleep with Minhyun laying beside him. Bakeho fell asleep shortly after he plopped himself onto his bed. He was now snoring softly.

I was wide awake. I didn't sleep easily because of my nigthmares. But I didn't know about hyung.

I just started thinking about him. When I do, all my thoughts fade away, except for the ones about hyung. I wish I knew him better.

I knew he liked to read. And sometimes I caught him drawing in his notebook. 

You know that he cares for you.

I rolled onto the right side of my body, and silently winced becasue I forgot about my fresh cuts that were still sensitive to the touch. I rolled onto my left side.

I heard Aron's deep voice fill the silent room. "JR? Are you awake?"

I replied right away. "Yes."

"Can I.....can I-"  I heard him sitting up.

"Can you what, hyung?" I also sat up.

"Can I come and.....uhm" he sounded nervous. 

"Just tell me." 

He cleared his throat. "Can I come lay beside you? Not like sleep but.....no. Wait, no. Just to lay down to talk? No wait, we're talkking right now. Never mind. I just want to sleep beside you-"

I laughed then regretted it deeply. I must have hurt his feelings. "Aron, come join me. You can lay with me. And excuse my laughter, I just think you're so-"

Cute.

I swallowed slowly. There I go again. Thinking about Aron about how cute he was.

I heard Aron get up and shuffle towards my bed. When he joined me under the covers he whispered into my ear "JR, can I tell you something?"

I rolled on my right side, not caring right now about the tingling pain. "Sure." I whispered. 

 

Aron's POV

 

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him everything. How I felt about him. How amazing he was. 

But maybe it was too soon. "Never mind." I quickly said.

"Oh. Ok." I heard the disapointment in his voice. JR changed the subject. "So, why'd you come here to sleep with me?" he asked as he wrapped an arm around me.

I brought my body closer to his. "Because I got scared. I'm not good with horror movies." I confessed.

"I thought you were manly?" JR teased me.

"I guess not." I replied. "It was a bluff" I laughed softly.

JR became silent, but not for long.

"Now, can I tell you something?" JR whispered. He rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel his warmth radiating onto me, making me warmer. He smelled clean and the scent of soap lingered on his cheek.

I smiled. "Go ahead."

"I think I like you." I heard the sweet smile in his voice.