39.

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

I clung on tightly to Aron's shirt as he tried again to pry my fingers off him. "Please hyung. Don't make me do this." I begged, pouting. I leaned in and rubbed my cheek against his own. Aron slightly smiled and simply kissed my cheek. He wrapped his arms around me, surprising me since he had been trying to pry me of him seconds ago.

"Jonghyun, you have to. You need this." Aron softly told me, his lips brushing agaisnt mine as he spoke. 

I buried my face in his neck and shook my head. 

This only caused Aron to hug me tighter. I could feel his hands shaking. "Do this. For Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren. For your sisters. For our manager. For Lo/\es. For me." he quickly pecked my lips. "Mostly for yourself though." I heard him quietly sniffing, and I knew he was crying. 

I pulled away from him to wipe his tears. As I was, I told him, "Don't cry." how ironic though, because I started to cry as well. My tears were silent as they slowly dripped down my face. Aron blinked many times to try to stop his tears.

"Don't cry, JR." he whispered, squeezing my hand. 

The door opened, but we didn't look to see who it was. I heard Minhyun's footsteps, followed by heavier ones; whom I knew was Baekho. Following his, was the sound of quick almost inaudible footsteps, however I knew it was Ren. 

"Are we interuppting?" Minhyun asked slowly. I shook my head. 

Ren immidiantly threw himself on me, causing Aron to back away. "Hyung..get better, okay? Don't be like this." I heard his tears as he cried, holding me tight. I nodded because I was unable to speak at all. Baekho joined in on our hug, trying to mumble something to the maknae; whom was about to sob his heart out. Minhyun soon joined.

With his arm around Ren and I, he let out an unsteady breath. "Why didn't you tell us JR? Aren't we all brothers?" His voice trembled as he squeezed Ren tighter. I beckoned Aron to join. The oldest took a step towards our bandmates. Minutes later, I felt myself embraced in a warm hug by the four people I considered brothers. We did not speak, but sometimes, silence is louder than words. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I promise I'll call and text you everyday." Aron promised, kissing my forehead. 

"And Skype me?" 

He softly chuckled. "Yes." 

I stood in silence beside him. We stared emptily at the entrance to the rehab center. "Tell Sunggyu to call me once in a while too, okay? And tell him I said..'Thank you.'" Aron nodded, agreeing to my wish. 

"Well..this is it. Take care of yourself, Jonghyun."  He grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers. 

"I will. Bye, Aron." 

"Bye." he replied. He walked away slowly, even a little hesitantly. I watched in the distance. How was I going to cope with this? Being away from Aron for months? Not seeing his face or touching him. Only talking through electronic devices. I was going to miss my idiot boyfriend.

Before I could stop myself, my feet were moving on their own. Chasing after Aron. "Aron!" I called out. He turned around just in time to catch me as I flung myself on him with so much strength that it almost knocked him down. He balanced himself again with a few clumsy steps. 

"I'm going to miss you." I whispered, feeling him pull me towards his body. 

"I'll miss you too." he replied. 

"Don't forget me okay?" 

Aron laughed. "I would never forget you."

I hugged him tighter, resting my head on his shoulder. "Hyung, what if I don't get better? What if I become more broken than now?" 

Aron kissed my head. "That's not going to happen because you're going to get better." 

I pulled away from him and looked him in the eye. Those deep brown eyes that had seen who I really was. Those eyes that could literally read me. The brown eyes that burned with determination. 

Aron suddenly crushed our lips together, causing me to gasp from surprise. Slowly, I melted into the kiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

After I checked in as Kwaak Jonghyun (it was Aron's idea to not use my real name, even though I found no point in faking my name when everyone already knew I was going to be in rehab for a while anyways; when we had to announce the reason of Nu'est's hiatus). The lady at the desk smiled politely and gave me my room key. "Take care, love." she kindly told me as I walked away. 

I stepped into the elevator. A wave of memories hit me immidiantly. I remembered when Aimee insulted Aron and I. I remembered the trips to Sunggyu hyung's room. I remembered Aron touching me, then an elderly lady "interupted" us. I blinked quickly to force the tears away, my breath shaking.

The elevator opened on my floor, revealing a long confusing hallway crammed with doors. I peered at my key, which had my room number engraved on it.

236.

I stepped out and dragged my suitcases behind me. I peered at the door's room number in front of me. 

199.

I had a long way to go until room #236. I sighed, feeling small and lost without Aron. I turned a corner intu another endless hallway. "Oh..I'm lost." I whispered to myself. I looked at a door's number. 

209. 

I kept walking, hoping to get somewhere. 

"Are you lost?" 

I whipped around to see a man with dark brown hair and soft, kind features. I had to admit, he was attractive. He looked 20-ish and he wasn't that tall, a little shorter than me. Even though today was a fairly warm sunny day, he had on a dark red long sleeve shirt, and I wondered why. 

I sheepishly ruffled my hair. "Yes.." 

The man laughed quietly. "You must be new then. This building is confusing at first. What's your room number? I'll help you find it." he offered. 

I looked at my key again because I had forgotten my room number again. "236."

The young man's eyes seem to light up. "Omo! Really? That's my room! I heard that I was getting a room mate, but I never knew when you would arrive." he gave a quick eye smile, before it faded. He really had a nice smile. It seemed to light up the room, just like Aron's. My heart clenched, but I pushed the feeling away. 

I followed my room mate as he led the way, his small figure creating no sound as he was walking. "What's your name?" he asked me while helping me drag one of my suitcases. We turned intu a different hallway. 

"Jonghyun." I replied.

He chuckled quietly. "Such a classic name." I nodded.

"So what's your name?" I asked him curiously. He turned around to make eye contact with me for a split second, and turned away again to continue walking. 

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

I smiled. "I like that. Baekhyun." Baekhyun gave me a humble, but cute smile followed by a soft 'Thank you.'

While we were walking , Baekhyun's shoe became untied. He didn't notice, but I thought he would so I did not inform him about it. We kept walking then, the older suddenly stepped on his shoelace, causing him to fall facefirst. Thankfully, I reacted fast enough to reach for him. I dropped my suitcase and reachrd out to grab his wrist firmly, with my other hand placed his waist. I didn't mean to grab Baekhyun like that, but I hope it didn't bother him. Baekhyun gasped as I swung him back up from the falling position. 

"Are you okay?" I quickly asked him, letting go of his waist but my hand still holding his wrist. He nodded. He tried to wiggle out of my grip and I could see that he was trying not to cringe in pain. "What's wrong? I-" Then suddenly, I pieced it all together. The long sleeve shirt. The way his face twisted in agonizing pain as I held his wrist.

I lifted his shirt sleeve up and my eyes softened as I saw the layers of bandages stained with dabs of crimson, wrapped on his wrist. Baekhyun's eyes widened and he rolled his sleeve back down and pushed me away.

He bent down to grab my suitcase that he had accidently let go off when he fell. We did not speak anymore as Baekhyun led the way to our room.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

 

finally.

an update TwT 

i tried to make this intresting..;-; sorry if it's not. I'll try to update my other fics soon, but don't hope too much. I'll still be busy helping my dad because he just had open heart surgery ._.