Us

Only One

Your POV

 

It was dark by the time we found our way back to my apartment. The wind picked up too but I didn’t feel one bit of it in his presence. It was like a blanket of warmth surrounded us.

 

I opened the gate to my building and turned to face him awkwardly. For those few brief moments today that difficult silence had been gone but now it was back.

 

“Can I…have your number?” he asked timidly, almost as though expecting me to turn him down.

 

I couldn’t help blushing a bit and recited my number as he keyed it into his phone. I remembered his jacket and handed that back too.

 

“Well, then…” he trailed off and started walking back when he turned to face me once more, “Thank you for today. I had more fun than I have in long time.”

 

“Me too…Um call me when you’re free okay?” I replied, smiling widely as he nodded.

 

I my heel and started walking back. It was cold again, once he was gone. It felt weird.

 

Almost as though we had known each other for so long that being away from each other meant there was always something missing.

 

Oh crap. I forgot to get his number!

 

I stared dejectedly at the ground as I waited for the elevator. Even though I have lived on my own these past couple of years, I haven’t ever felt this lonely. Not even when I moved here from Melbourne.

 

*Bzz* Bzz*

 

My silent phone vibrated and I sighed. Probably Rachel calling to check up on whether I’m alive or not.

 

Unknown number?

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

“I’m free now…” an unmistakably husky voice said.

 

I’ve never grinned so widely before.

 

“I have a bad movie and stale popcorn. Care to join me?” I asked, clutching my phone tightly.

 

“Never sounded more appealing,” the voice said before the dial tone sounded.

 

~ 4 Weeks Later ~

 

TOP POV

 

Okay, maybe we're not official yet but whatever. There hasn't been a moment these past few weeks I haven't thought about her.

 

Her smile...her eyes, the way they crinkle and twinkle...her slightly crooked lips. I don't know what it is about her that keeps me so...intrigued?

 

I mean, if you find a woman that treats your Be@rbricks like children, you know you've found the one.

 

But there is something that she's hiding. I know it. I can feel the fragility of her laughter.

 

Something that makes her shrink away everytime we brush hands and flinch when I tap her shoulder. I just wish I knew what it was, so I could fix it. It's a barrier, an ice barrier, that no matter what type of chisel I use, I can't seem to break.

 

But I respect her privacy. I can't just march in and demand to know the other 20 odd years of her life that I've missed. 

 

"HYUUNGG, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO CALL YOU?!" an exasperated Seungri yelled. "What is your problem? It's that girl isn't it? That one you're always calling or texting or hanging out with. That's it. You better stop going all mushy eyes on us!"

 

I grinned sheepishly at the rest of the band. I seriously gotta stop day dreaming about her in a wedding dress.

 

"Okay, let's do it once more. And remember, look like you're enjoying yourselves, EVEN if you're about to pass out. Arrasso?" Jiyong barked. Man, sometimes I'm pretty sure he'd fit in better with the military than in a boy band.

 

Urrgh, I dragged myself off the ground and started over once more. The dance moves were so hard! Oh, if only ___(your name)___ was here. I bet I could even pull off one of them moves that Bae rocks out every now and then.

 

Author POV

 

Jiyong had had enough. What was with Seunghyun hyung? He looks like he's got his knickers in a knot! And he's doing the moves backwards. 

 

Jiyong took in a great gulp of air, let the steam build up in his head and screamed,"HYUNG!!! THAT IS IT! YOUR CONCENTRATION IS WORSE THAN A HEADLESS CHICKEN! WE HAVE TO MEET THAT GIRL, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...I WANT MY BAND MEMBER BACK."

 

 

 

 

 

a/n Is it good so far? Thank you for the support :) Comment and subscribe <3