A First 'Meet up'.

Only One

 

TOP POV

 

The pain is of a different level. Pure agony. I scrunch up my face and will my tear ducts to not start a personal Niagra Falls.

 

So the woman that I risk my entire reputation and career for has just smashed her knee into my male organ, effectively crushing it to smithereens.

 

“Oh-my..I’m so sorry, I didn’t-I,” she stutters as she awkwardly pulls me into a chair and pats my arm.

 

“It’s okay, just give me a minute,” I manage to say. Man, if this doesn’t stop hurting so bad soon I’m going to be spending the rest my time with her like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

 

As the pain is replaced by steady throbbing I slip the hood and sunglasses back on and thank my lucky stars, no one has recognized me. Imagine, just imagine if some reporter had been on the scene.

 

Two lattes appear on the scene as I look up. Goddamn she is so beautiful. Her auburn curls rest on her shoulders, framing her perfect little face.

 

She isn’t Korean at all. Her complexion is of a darker, creamy tan hue. Indian maybe? Oh who cares.

 

“I took the liberty of ordering,” she ventures timidly.

 

I smile back, hoping it doesn’t turn into a grimace and sip at my latte. What the hell am I supposed to say now? I knew it. Stupid, stupid PABO IDEA!

 

“Um, so..,” I start off. “Do you work?”

 

Ok, so I’m not a talker. Hey, last time I tried a movie line on her she went all Karate on me and probably caused permanent damage.

 

The corner of her lips twitch into an impish grin. So cute. Stop staring Seunghyun!

 

“I moved here from Melbourne a couple of years ago to go to Uni. I’m a med student…What about-,” she lets out a little embarrased laugh as she realises she knows exactly what I do.

 

Oh, if only every day of my life would be like this.

 

I sighed involuntarily.

 

“Oh. I didn’t mean to bore you. Sorry, I know I can blab a little,” she said.

 

“OH no, not you I didn’t mean you-,” I started, waving my hands in front of myself.

 

My hands caught the handle of my latte and flipped it straight into my lap. Scalding hot liquid right back where it all started.

 

I let out a pitiful yelp and she jumped out of her seat, calling to the waitress for some tissues.

 

What a mess. I swear, if this could get any worse. After we mopped everything up I looked down at myself. So I managed to make myself infertile in one day and look like I peed my pants.

 

“You look like you, um…maybe you should go change?” I knew she wasn’t going to be able to control her laughter as soon as she let those first few giggles through.

 

Yup, and then she was in hysterics. But I couldn’t help laughing, right there in the middle of that stupid café, waiting to be given the bill.

 

As soon as it arrived, I paid although she did insist because she felt bad for practicing her martial arts on me.

 

“Do you want to go to the park?” I ask. I know it’s childish but it’s worth a try.

 

“YEAH, let’s go, race you there~” she started sprinting and I chased after her.

 

Your POV

 

So maybe our first, ‘meet up’ wasn’t all that romantic.  At least there weren’t cameras there to record me assaulting an innocent person.

 

He’s so different in real life. Almost vulnerable and so awkwardly cute. If the outside world knew this real him, well, let’s just say Korean men wouldn’t have a chance.

 

As I raced to the park, the air biting at my face I slowed down and threw myself at the swings, catching my breath.

 

I felt a pair of arms push strongly from behind and squealed in surprise. Note, I’m not a squealy little Barbie, I think it’s pathetic but I have no idea what came over me.

 

My mouth hurts from all the laughing as he pushed me harder and harder until I felt like I was flying. And I swear I truly was at that moment.

 

After a few minutes a scraped my heel along the ground and came to a halt. I stood up and faced him smiling widely. All the awkwardness was gone now. I mean, that latte incident really broke down the tension.

 

He gave me a goofy grin in return.

 

“We should do this again sometime,” he said and believe me I was quick to agree.

 

Suddenly he started to lean forward, staring directly into my eyes as he reached for my hands.

 

It would have been absolutely amazing. You know, the sun setting in the background, the cool breeze blowing against our faces. But I couldn’t, not after what happened.

 

As his hands make contact with mine I flinch and pull away, twisting and pushing his chest away from my body.

 

I look at the ground, biting my lip and blinking away the hot tears that threaten to spill over the edge.

 

“I'm sorry. I thought you-,” he started before I cut him off.

 

“I do. More than you think. Just not now.” I mutter.

 

The night has turned cold and the breeze that blows through sends shivers down my back. I clutch my arms around myself and attempt to rub in some warmth when I feel a warm jacket being draped over my shoulders.

 

I turn and quietly thank him, not only for the jacket but for his silent acceptance. Of the fact that he didn’t question me.

 

Although the park is a good 20 minutes away from my apartment we still walk. Close enough, that our arms rub together occasionally.

 

It’s the most comfortable closeness I have experienced with a man since ‘that’ happened.

 

 

 

 

a/n Hey guys <3 thanks so much for subscribing, it means heaps cos this my first 'real' fanfic. Keep commenting and subscribing :P Hope you like the story so far...um do you think its weird i made your character Indian?