Coming Home

Only One

Your POV

 

I leant on the crutches, wincing as I gingerly put some of my weight on the injured foot. Nope. Still kills.

 

I sat back down on the hospital bed, checking the clock every few seconds, willing time to go by quicker.

 

Today I was going home. Finally after the doctors had done a few million check-ups at Seunghyun’s insistence I was getting out of here.

 

I glanced at the clock once again, frowning before attempting to stand up yet again. Seunghyun was mean to be here by now. How long did it take to fill out a couple of pages of obligatory paperwork?

 

Holding onto the edge of the bed, I lifted my injured leg slightly off the ground. Great, now I had to hop out of here and into an elevator.

 

I reached out for my crutches, stumbling as I pushed too far forward. An arm suddenly shot out to steady me before I face planted the ground and I smiled gratefully, “Oh good! You’re he-,”

 

I felt my eyes widen as they did every time this sight greeted me. Youngbae again?

 

The smile quickly faded, replaced by the poker face I used to hide my confused tumult of emotions. I shook my hand out of his grip and tripped my way onto the hospital bed.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw his hands reach out again, but as I shied away ever so slightly, he shoved them deep into his pockets, trying not to look to hurt.

 

I couldn’t forgive him. Not for what he had done. It feels like you’ve been waging war with the entire world only to have your own army turn against you too. Would you forgive your army after that? Yeah. That’s what I thought too.

 

Without looking up I spoke to the floor, trying to keep my voice as neutral as possible.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I…I came to help with…help you…go home…”

 

“I have Seunghyun oppa helping me. You know that.”

 

An uncomfortable silence followed as I crossed for my fingers and hoped he’d leave before Seunghyun go here. And as usual…no such luck.

 

The doors whooshed open and a beaming Seunghyun waltzed in, only to be stopped in his tracks by the person inhabiting a corner of my hospital room.

 

“Youngbae…I told you not to come here.”

 

“Hyung…I-,”

 

“Just go.”

 

“Hyung, please just let me-,”

 

“I said leave.”

 

Muted footsteps shuffled across the floor, out of the door and into the hallway beyond, until we couldn’t hear them anymore.

 

“Well that was a mood wrecker,” Seunghyun said before smiling playfully once again.

 

“Ok, let’s get you home.”

 

I nodded, maintaining my expressionless face for thirty seconds before his infectious happiness got the better of me.

 

Grabbing and arm and a crutch for support we slowly made our way towards the elevator, stopping every now and then for me to catch my breath.

 

As we neared the lift a white sign came into view, pasted hastily across the doors of the mechanism. An annoyed sigh rumbled through Seunghyun as we crawled our way to the stairs.

 

Just my luck.

 

I glanced down at the flights of stairs below me, trying not to think about what would happen if my body decided to roll down them instead.

 

I looked up worriedly at Seunghyun to see a mischievous grin stretched across his face, moments before I felt his arms lift me into the air.

 

My yelp of surprise caught in my mouth and before I had the chance to struggle we were half way down the stairs.

 

I looked on dumbfounded as he proceeded to carry me all the way to the parking lot, placing me gently in the car.

 

Sliding in next to me, I felt his arm slot itself onto my shoulders as we started to pull out of the hospital.

 

“Yah oppa! Don’t do that lifting thing again. I might just die from the shock.”

 

His soft chuckles filled the car as he ruffled my hair before closing his eyes and sighing contently. He looked so peaceful…so happy. I closed my eyes and leant my head on his shoulder, revelling at the familiarity.

 

This time I was even more unprepared. I felt the arms envelope me once again just as the car jerked to a stop. Half asleep I lifted my head, only to have it pushed down. Lifting me nimbly, I felt him almost glide up to my apartment, fiddling with the keys for a moment before letting us in.

 

He plopped me on the couch before turning to the driver who had kindly brought my bags in.

 

“Sir, you’re manager asked me to give this to you.” The driver held out a large white envelope and Seunghyun accepted before sending him on his way.

 

TOP POV

 

Now this was how it was meant to be. She was home, safe and sound. Everything was going to be ok.

 

I closed the door behind our driver and sat myself down next to ___(Your name)___, placing a kiss on her forehead.

 

That’s when I remember the envelope still clutched in my hand. Quickly I tore the seal and pulled out the notice within. Three words. Words I thought were the least of my worries stuck out at me.

 

Military Enlistment Dates

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n Hellooo second last chappie :) I think next chapter will be the last one...Honestly I'm getting a bit tired of this story as I'm sure u all are too :) Hope u all like this one. Keep commenting and subscribing <3