The Vacation VI

Only One

 

Your POV

 

“You and your partner will get basic survival supplies for two days and a night. Each pair will also receive a flag that you are to carry at all times, wherever you are. The aim is to retrieve all the other teams’ flags. Once your flag has been captured you’re out. The last pair still standing at the end is the winner.” Chang-Po explained.

 

Everyone groaned in unison at the prospect of an entire two days in the forest. Well, all except Cho Hee who gleefully grabbed Seunghyun’s arm.

 

I would’ve felt sorry for him, but after what he’d said, I don’t think I could’ve cared less.

 

But I can’t lie to myself. There’s that part of me that makes me feel guilty. Because I knew he couldn’t help the fact that Cho Hee was a desperate .

 

Chang-Po’s annoying voice, which had an uncanny resemblance to Cho Hee’s interrupted my thoughts.

 

“Ok, everyone, ten minutes to pack up and then we’ll meet back here to get supplies.”

 

I sighed heavily and followed Youngbae towards out tent. At least I won’t have to put up with Cho Hee in the peaceful forest.

 

My thoughts flicked back to Seunghyun and I found myself turning to look at him, surprised to find that he too was doing the same.

 

My legs, as though of their own accord, made their way closer and closer until once again we were face to face.

 

“I shouldn’t have…I’m so so-,” he started before I put my finger up to his lips.

 

“No, it was me. I was being stupid,” I said before he could get in another word. His lips stretched into a mischievous smile as his tongue darted out to at my finger.

 

I jerked it away, pinching his arm playfully before realising that Youngbae was watching us.

 

“Oh sorry oppa, we should be helping,” I apologized as I started to fold the tent.

 

Seunghyun caught my arm and whispered, “You call HIM oppa?!” with just a hint of jealousy. “You don’t even call me that…”

 

I smirked to myself and continued folding the tent as I replied. “I’ll call you oppa whenever you want, oppa.”

 

A satisfied chuckle escaped is throat and I felt him stand up behind me, just in time for Cho Hee, who had been previously absorbed in packing her one thousand suitcases.

 

“You’re not bringing all that, are you?” Seunghyun asked in disbelief. She laughed sarcastically and said, “A girl needs her stuff, Seunghyun-ah. I know you’ll be happy to carry it for me now won’t you?”

 

He groaned silently and I felt a twinge of sadness as I realised we were going to have to split up for the next two days.

 

I finished packing up the tent and handed it to Youngbae, who jogged it back to Chang-Po. I sat myself down on the beach and stared wistfully out to sea, wishing with all my heart a tsunami would suddenly spring up and kill Cho Hee alone.

 

“I know what you’re thinking, and I have a plan,” I heard Jiyong say from beside me. I hadn’t even realised he was there.

 

“Jiyong-sshi-“

 

“Since you’re calling Youngbae oppa, it’s only fair to call the rest of us that too,” he interrupted.

 

I sighed and started again. “Oppa, how could you possibly know what I’m thinking? And anyway it’s not like there’s even a solution for it…”

 

He leaned in closer and whispered his so called plan as I listened carefully, hanging on to his every word.

 

A hesitant smile crossed my face and I looked questioningly at him. “This is going to work, ___(Your name)___-ah. Leave it all to the Kwon Leadah!” he exclaimed dramatically before scrambling off to tell the others.

 

Taeyang POV

 

So all it took to win over ___(Your name)___ was a stupid apology? That’s all Seunghyun hyung had to do to get her back?

 

After everything he put her through she lets him waltz along and melts when he looks all sincere and says a measly ‘sorry’.

 

And what does she do when she sees hyung? She kicks me to the side like a ragdoll. After comforting her last night, I really thought, that for once a girl would be sensible enough not to go back to a lying boyfriend.

 

Oh who am I kidding? The only reason I can find so many faults with hyung is because…well…I know I shouldn’t..but…I think I might…like her.

 

She’s so…different. Different to anyone I’ve ever know before. If only I’d seen her first. Then she would be mine and not his.

 

I stare at them playing around until she looks up. I turn away embarrassed at being caught and hear her say something about packing up the tent.

 

I glance back just in time to see Seunghyun hyung whispering something to which she smiles and replies. It makes my blood boil.

 

I clench my teeth and continue yanking the poles out of the ground. Cho Hee appears and out of the corner of my eye I see hyung stand up and walk over. The coward. Fuming, I grab the tent out of ___(Your name)___’s hands and jog over to place it near Chang-Po.

 

I calm myself, taking a few deep breaths and start walking back as slowly as possible. Ji is running towards me and I stop as he catches up, panting.

 

“Hyung...*pant*…I have an…*pant*…idea,” he huffs. I frown and wait for him to start breathing normally before telling me about this new idea.

 

“Hyung, you know how Cho Hee has been hogging Seunghyun hyung all the time? Well I have an idea and if it works out, ___(Your name)___ and hyung will get to go on the challenge together. Okay, when we gather up to collect our supplies I’m going to ask Chang-Po to give everyone a chance to swap their partners around by playing a game.

 

All the girls are going to be involved in a treasure hunt. All the guys have to hide one of their belongings somewhere around the campsite. The owner of the first object a girl finds is going to be her partner.

 

Hyung’s going to hide his teddy behind the rock over there, that’s shaped like Seungri’s head. ___(Your name)___ already knows this so as soon as we let them go looking for things, she’ll be able to find the teddy.

 

I’ve already told the others, all except Cho Hee, so they all know where NOT to look. YAY! Hyung, I really hope this works out! Oh and, you have to hide your sunglasses in that hollow tree,” Ji chuckled to himself and scurried away just as Chang-Po started to call us in.

 

I couldn’t. This was the only time I was ever going to get with ___(Your name)___. The only time to win her over before hyung gets her completely. I can’t let her go on this with him.

 

I felt guilty as heck because I was betraying my hyung, but it was now or never. My own little side plan was already forming in my head, without even realising it.

 

I looked around quickly before hurrying over to the rock. I grabbed the teddy and swapped it with my sunglasses. And before anyone could catch me, I stuffed the teddy bear into the tree.

 

If this was what it took to be with ___(Your name)___, then no matter what the price, I’m paying it.

 

 

 

 

a/n I'm so sorry for making Taeyang a baddie :'( i know it kills me too...Thanks for all the support, <3 my awesome readers :P Keep commenting and subscribing :) Comment replies:

@insertnamehere - I know...i feel bad for tabi >.< oh well he has "you" right? ;) Woohoo suspenseful eh? heheh *cue evilness* there's so much more to come, thanks for the comment <3

@k-poplov - OH NO! the chapters are short? gaah..oh well i made this one a bit longer for u :P I gotta keep the suspense going ya know? Thanks for the awesome comment :)

@BlueRiver04 - JEALOUS TOP FTW :) Who rejects tabi huh? of course he's going to get her back...or will he? Well he kinda did in this chappie but...im giving to much away..you will just have to wait and find out yes? Thanks for the comment <3