Rachel's Shopping Spree

Only One

 

Your POV

Rachel passed out when I showed her the note. When I sprinkled water on her face and woke her up she took one look at the note and was out cold.

 

It took me 40 minutes to finally get her to look at the note rationally. I can’t believe she actually thought he would want to go out with me of all people.

 

He has every single girl, younger and older, simpering at his one look. And out of all of them supermodels and movie stars he gives me a stupid note.

 

I seriously am contemplating that maybe Rachel was dropped on her head as a baby.

 

“Okay, gag or not, you still need to look your best. If it’s all a gag you need to look absolutely drop dead gorgeous, so when you get there, you can act indifferent and give them the worst reaction possible.

 

Then he can feel guilty as hell for putting a pretty girl through all that media crap.

 

And if you’re going out with Choi Seunghyun, THE Choi Seunghyun, you need to look better. So missy, get your arse to the mall with me.” Rachel took a deep breath.

 

Without giving me a chance to even fix my bed hair she dragged me to her car and drove like a freaking madwoman. I cannot believe she didn’t get a ticket.

 

This woman is a hazard to human life when she gets that determined look about her.

 

Well I think you can guess what happened at the mall.

 

Shop after shop. Store after store. Boutique after boutique. She hauled me through every single establishment in the mall, trying on anything that looked remotely like clothing.

 

“Rachhheeelll,” I whined for the hundredth time.

 

“Can’t I just wear a t-shirt and jeans?”

 

“We are going for the ‘I’m way too y for you but too bad you can’t have me’ look. Not ‘I’m such a nerd that I haven’t seen sunlight for the past six months look’,” she replied as she threw clothes into the trolley for me to try out.

 

 

Finally she settled on a small, casual black dress. A bit short for my liking but it had cute lace ruffles which cascaded out of the white bow belt that ran tightly around the waist.

 

I should add it cost a fortune.

 

And of course, according to Rachel an outfit is never complete without shoes so off we went again, until we found white ballet flats with bows to match the dress.

 

Ok, so I’m going to go broke for a gag. Great.

 

My legs felt like they had been heaved through hell and back. While wearing shoes made of pins.

 

As the evening came, we made it back to my apartment with our hands full of shopping bags.

 

Did I forget to mention, Rachel also managed to spend my entire life savings on make-up and accessories and that she decided that I needed her tomorrow so will now be camping out in my house?

 

We sat down, a movie (that we didn’t watch) and chatted away with a bowl of popcorn.

 

Rachel applied some foul smelling mask to my unfortunate face and made me go to sleep all stiff.

 

I hope this is worth it.

 

~ The Next Day ~

 

Okay, Rachel has had me up since 6, fixing my hair and doing my make-up. I have to say though, to her credit, she has made me look absolutely amazing. I don’t even recognise the woman in the mirror.

 

I blinked a couple of times and waved at the mirror just to make sure.

 

I checked my watch…10:45!!!

 

As usual, Rachel endangered the lives of every poor pedestrian who had the unlucky chance of being on the same road as her.

 

We made it to Gloria’s at exactly 10:55.

 

I clutched nervously at my white handbag and chewed my lip.

 

“Stop doing that. You’re stuffing up the lip gloss!” Rachel gave an exasperated sigh and touched up my make-up.

 

“Okay, bubs. You know the drill. If it’s a gag pretend you knew all about it, don’t give a reaction. Pretend you were waiting for me and then text me. If not, I will leave in 10 minutes and then you can have your dream date with Choi Seunghyun. Dammit __(your name)___, you better introduce me to Seungri!”

 

“Okay, okay.” I cut her off before she could go into hyperventilating/fangirl mode.

 

I stepped out of the car, fixed myself up in the side mirror and then gave her the thumbs up sign. She nodded reassuringly and urged me to start walking.

 

I heaved a sigh and hurried into the coffee shop.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I looked around cautiously. It was a small café. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee permeated the air, giving the overall aesthetics a calming feel.

 

There wasn’t a crowd today. A few elderly ladies sat around chatting. A business man ordered a coffee on the go.

 

I waited, bracing myself as I stepped into a smaller corner of the shop. I could almost tell that the cameras were hiding behind there.

 

But it was empty. I guess I felt a bit gutted. However much I had told myself it was all a joke I couldn’t snub out that tiny flame of hope.

 

And for your information that tiny flame had just been doused in the ice water of reality.

 

I took out my phone intending to text Rachel when I a felt warm breath by my ear.

 

Before I could turn around a deep, husky voice whispered, “Looking for someone?”

 

I couldn’t help what I did next.

 

I kneed him straight in the groin.

 

 

 

 

a/n I felt bad for the short update so here you go :) And I wanted to get the story moving :P COMMENT <3 muchos gracias