The Vacation III

Only One

Your POV

 

As soon as I entered the canopy of the trees, cool air enveloped me. I breathed in the earthy scent but didn’t stop running.

 

I felt heavy footsteps behind me and laboured breathing which only made me run faster and faster. I was running out of energy; the anger that had propelled me into sprinting was ebbing away, replaced by a crushing sadness that threatened to suffocate me even in this soothing environment.

 

I slowed down, only intending to stop for a few seconds to catch my breath when a warm hand caught my arm. I knew the feel of that hand, the soft, yet firm hold that had once protected me from my own demons.

 

How dare he touch me? How did he even have the nerve to come after me?

 

Seunghyun tugged at my arm, spinning me around to face him. The steam in my head was slowly building up again and I opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind.

 

But it only took one look at his face, the pain in his eyes, and the tears spilled over the edge. Angry liquid s its way down my face, making me feel unreasonably hot.

 

His arms made their way around my body, encircling me in their embrace once again. He tilted my face up to his and slowly pressed his lips onto mine.

 

Words and emotions that we couldn’t speak or show poured into that one moment. That one kiss, tainted by the salt from both my tears and his conveyed more than we could have ever hoped to achieve from words.

 

Slowly our lips came apart, his moving to kiss the tears away from my eyes. We stood like that for god knows how long, dreading the truth that he was to tell me.

 

Finally as the air around us grew slightly cooler, he sat me down and told me everything, from start to finish.

 

TOP POV

 

Her kiss mirrored a similar grief to mine. Hers dripped more anger and mine pain, but ultimately the same emotion.

 

I closed my eyes as she stared at me, waiting for me to begin telling her about Cho Hee. I took a deep breath and began.

 

“Cho Hee was what you could call my first. For everything. I thought she was the most amazing person alive. Back then she had an innocence that attracted me too her although she was older than me.

 

I thought…I really believed I loved her, that we would last.

 

But then I got the call from Ji. I hadn’t seen him since he went to train with some entertainment group. He said that his company, YG, was looking for members for an all boy idol group. It wasn’t really what either of us were looking for, but I agreed because it was a start.

 

I didn’t realise how much time it would take up, so I guess what came after was probably my fault as well. I was so caught up in getting picked, debuting, making good music, being popular and so on, that I neglected Cho Hee.

 

She asked me to choose between YG and her. And I knew from that moment on that I couldn’t give her what she could find with another man.

 

So I let her go.

 

It hurt so much back then. It was so hard to go back and be the cheery hyung to the rest of the guys. But I put on a good face for them. I think she mistook my happy façade for actual happiness.

 

She thought that I was happy to have let her go, that I was just looking to play around with girls now that I had gotten my fame.

 

She released her own pictures on the internet and started a scandal about how I had mistreated her when I got into YG. Back then, when were just starting out, we only had a few fans.

 

Many were put off when she started rumours about me being abusive, an alcoholic, a druggie and even going as far as to say that I used the services of es.

 

YG was able to talk to her father and quieten the whole thing down. It nearly destroyed Bigbang. I guess, from then on, I’ve never had a problem being on my own because I never fell for anyone as hard as I did for Cho Hee.

 

I believed that in a lifetime you were only destined to be with one person and for me that was Cho Hee.

 

But I realised I was wrong the night of the last Bigbang show.

 

I realised that what I had with Cho Hee was mere infatuation when you came into my life. It was different with you.

 

Because I realised that no matter how hard I tried, if a situation like the one I had with Cho Hee earlier came up, I would give up my career, my life, my fans, everything…to be with you.

 

Cho Hee’s dad has money and power. He convinced YG to let her be a trainee. I didn’t know until she showed up in the studio. I figured that she had changed; that maybe she had grown up.

 

I was wrong. She is worse than before. Much worse than I can even imagine. I don’t know what she’s capable of. And I was scared.

 

Scared that she would hurt you, if I tried to be with you. I swear I wanted to kill her over and over again in that car and on the boat and even just now. YG set this up so we wouldn’t be awkward in future, say if were ever to do a collaboration after she debuts.

 

YG made us partners. He doesn’t know that I’m with you. But I really wanted to bring you with me, so Bae volunteered to be your partner.”

 

Your POV

 

He looked up at me, his eyes pleading an understanding that I was finally able to show.

 

“It’s just for this weekend, I promise. And then we’ll tell him about us. I don’t care if I get kicked off Bigbang. I just…I really…I think I love you.”

 

I his cheek as he closed his eyes once more. I kissed him again, this time, tenderly and filled with an utterly different type of emotion.

 

“I love you too,” I whispered against his lips and he folded me back into his arms where I belonged.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n I like this chapter a lot <3 so sweet :') hehe, Cho Hee will be back next chapter..and Taeyang...woot! Thanks for all the support my awesome readers ;) Keep subscribing and commenting ^___^ Comment replies:

@yoitsalyj - I love it when we all mutually hate someone (ie Cho Hee), aww hyperness :') haha it makes me feel like a proud mother hen...i dont know why...thanks for the lovely comment :D

@insertnamehere - I love that u comment on every chapter....it makes me feel loved ;) as do a some of my other readers lol and ayayay ur guessing abilites are giving me a run for my money woman! next time when i give out a clue i swear i'm going to make it a riddle or something! <3 and how could I not forgive my awesome reader? thanks for all the support <3 (btw, does my nationality freak you out?)

@noodlefreak - AAWWW thank you heaps <3 I love creating suspense for my readers hehe..i hope this chapter is satisfying ;) <3 thanks for commenting :D

@JMrobyn - dont worry my lovely reader, TOP will soon see the light ;) heh <3 thanks for commenting :P

@k-poplov - Naah, stabbing her with a tent pole is too easy, i plan to make her suffer slowly in pain *MUAHAHAAHA*...i seriously hope I don't sound like a mad fangirl....oh well its TOP..who doesn't go mad for him? thanks for commenting <3