The Vacation II

Only One

 

TOP POV

 

I felt like I was trapped on the ice of a frozen river that was dangerously close to shattering beneath me and sending me plunging down into its icy depths.

 

Every little word that came out of Cho Hee’s mouth made me want to boil her alive. It made me ache with an anger and frustration that was due not only to the fact that she was making endless harsh comments directly at ___(Your name)___.

 

I knew that if I made even one move to protect ___(Your name)___, Cho Hee will do something terrible to her. I know I should have told her about Cho Hee the day we saw her in the studio. Now, no matter how gently I put it, it’s going to come out wrong.

 

It made my chest ache like crazy when ___(Your name)___ smiled at Youngbae for shutting Cho Hee up because I know it should’ve been me.

 

And it hurt even more when she slipped her hand out of mine, placing it in her lap.

 

I glanced at her face, to find that she had wiped it as clean as a slate as she stared out of the window, devoid of all emotion. I reached for the hand on her lap but as soon as I touched it she clenched it into a hard fist and refused to let her fingers be pried open.

 

The rest of the ride to the godforsaken place they were taking us to was uneventful, save for Daesung trying his best to joke around and lighten the mood but failing miserably.

 

Finally the car came to a halt and we all hopped out to be confronted by a ferry, waiting to take us to some island.

 

The idiot that was running this stupid bonding camp greeted us and introduced himself as Yoo Chang-Po as we started to file solemnly onto the boat.

 

It was one of those boats with two bench-like seats running along each side. Cho Hee sat on the left and ___(Your name)___ sat on the right.

 

I started making my way over to the right side when the voice of Chang-Po interrupted. “Now, everyone, sit with your partners. This fun-filled weekend starts now!!!” he exclaimed. There goes one more person on my hit list.

 

I haven’t told ___(Your name)___ about the whole partner thing. , I didn’t even tell her about Cho Hee coming. What the heck was I thinking?

 

As I stare at her on the bench she scoots over reluctantly, offering me a place which I couldn’t take because if I did I knew Chang-Poop would go running to YG.

 

I can feel the other members’ gazes burning holes straight through my back as they anticipate my next move.

 

I don’t look at ___(Your name)___ face as I turn to head over to the left side. Right now, all I want to do is wipe Cho Hee’s smug expression right off her face. Heck, I’d give my anything to wipe out her face in general.

 

As I sit down, I stare at my feet unable to lift my face. I can’t look into her eyes and see the unmistakable look of betrayal she would give a traitor like me.

 

Your POV

 

The tears will come any moment but I don’t let them. As Seunghyun inspects his feet intensely I can’t help but stare at the top of his head and feel a gut-wrenching pain. My boyfriend was ‘partners’ with the woman who had treated me like dirt.

 

What the hell was this partner thing anyway? I hated him so much, for not tell me about her coming, for not telling me the hell this was about, for not sticking up for me, for partnering up with her. I hated him for making me a fool.

 

I hated myself for trusting him.

 

I felt ashamed because my boyfriend, who was supposedly head over heels for me, had abandoned me in front of his band members and friends.

 

I felt a warm something or rather somebody plop himself down beside me and turned to see a smiling Youngbae. “I guess you’re stuck with me huh?”

 

I felt the smile spread itself onto my face and I thanked my lucky stars that Youngbae was here to save me once again.

 

“What are we stuck with each other for exactly?” I enquired.

 

“Well, this bonding camp thing comes with games and challenges you know. It’s kinda the point of the whole exercise,” he explained.

 

“Well, I know we’re gonna win because you’re my partner. And anyway at least you can stop me from making myself the laughing stock of the nation.” He flashed his famous eye smile shyly at my reply and I understood why he had so many fans.

 

The ferry ride was relatively short and we arrived at the island in no time. I would have stopped and admired its beauty if I hadn’t been so mad at Seunghyun.

 

The Chang-Po guy led us to a group of small bags that obviously contained tents. “Okay everyone, grab a tent and start setting it up. We have one large one for six people and a small one for four. Seungri, CL, Daesung, Minzy, Jiyong and Dara you guys are in the big one. The rest of you are in the small one. Go, go go~” he chanted before trailing off to set up a one-man tent for himself.

 

This day just kept getting worse. I had to freaking share a tent with that woman?

 

Youngbae energetically pounced on the tent bag and started pulling it apart. I laughed at his enthusiasm but somehow it came out cynical and hollow.

 

“Oh, let them do the work,” I heard Cho Hee mutter to Seunghyun who had started to help Youngbae. She grabbed his arm and smiled almost wistfully. I tried my best not to stab her with the tent pole.

 

“Ooh, we’re going to be sleeping in the same tent. It’s been awhile since we did that…but technically we weren’t exactly sleeping!” she winked at Seunghyun.

 

My head snapped up and I dropped the tent material I was holding. Her words hit like bullets, straight in the chest.

 

I turned to meet Seunghyun’s gaze, long enough to register the alarm in his eyes. I couldn’t stand it any longer. The air was suddenly too thick and humid.

 

I whipped around and took off into the thicket of trees, running from the words I didn’t want to believe.

 

 

 

a/n SOOO now "you" know the whole story of Cho Hee and TOP...what's gonna happen? OMG OVER ONE THOUSAND VIEW..have i mentioned how much i freaking love you guys? <3 thanks awesome readers, keep commenting and subscribing :) Comment replies:

@ k-poplov - ahah, yeah i conteplated involving her in a freak accident or something but we need her to keep the drama going yes? and then at the end she can go rot in hell or wherever they accomodate creepy crawlies like her ;) and yay intro youngbae <3 Thanks for commenting :D

insertnamehere - so innocent, i can't help but forgive u hehe, well the '' won't arriving in the story for quite a while...maybe he won't arrive at all? who knows? well except me...hehe *muahhaha* thank you for commenting <3

@Mizuki_SONE  - YES..soon i promise, first i gotta get them to sort this crap out coz technically "you" JUST found out about Cho Hee and TOP's past relationship, thank u for the awesome comment :D