The Party III

Only One

 

Your POV

 

Where is he? Minzy and Dara had already left after receiving an urgent call for a meeting with YG…whatever that was about.

 

I sat alone on the stool, watching the nameless faces laugh and drink. The crowd seemed to be getting larger and larger with every passing moment, as group after group of people streamed in, shouting and jostling each other.

 

By their standards…the night was still young and there was much yet to come. The suppressing atmosphere was stifling; I could feel the anxiety creep up through my guts and make its way slowly into my chest, wrapping its icy fingers around my heart.

 

I could feel my breathing escalate quickly, becoming irregular as I started to hyperventilate. I closed my eyes and attempted to breathe through my nose, failing miserably.

 

I need a drink…but more importantly, I need Seunghyun. I stand up…a little too quickly and sway as the room spins around me.

 

“Oh, ___(Your name)___-sshi, are you ok?”

 

I turn to see her. Cho Hee. I nod, trying not to throw up in her face. Seeing one of your least favourite people on the planet when your worst phobia is threatening to take over is not a good pairing.

 

“Here, have some water.” I look suspiciously at the Styrofoam cup in her hands, inspecting in the clear liquid within. I wouldn’t put it past her to try and poison me.

 

But it looked so inviting. I took it from her and gulped it down, relishing the momentary relief that washed over me as the cool water slipped down my throat. But it was short lived, as the room started to spin again.

 

I felt her arms around…but I was too tired to even react as she led me into one of the rooms. It was cool and dark, a quiet area compared to the rest of the house.

 

“You should rest here. I’ll try to find Seunghyun for you.” She smiled again before exiting the room.

 

My spinning head slowly cleared as I glanced around the room. Wait a second…why was Cho Hee being so nice to me? Me of all people?

 

I mean seriously, she was ready to pull out my hair by the roots only days ago.

 

I shook my head, trying to shake the millions of thoughts whirling around in it, only to start the dizziness once again.

 

Sighing I sipped at my water.

 

TOP POV

 

The burning heat started within me, spreading from the tips of my toes to the top of my head within seconds of that drink touching my lips.

 

My vision blurred for a second and I put out a hand to steady myself, a hand that was caught by Young Bae. Thankfully he led me through the crowds of people.

 

I leaned most of my weigh ton his shoulders, trying not to knock anything over as the bright lights blinded me.

 

The noise rung in my ears, but as we moved through the house the noise quietened down. A door opened somewhere and a rush of cool air hit my face, momentarily soothing the burning.

 

Bae was gone. A huddled figure sat in the corner…it looked vaguely familiar.

 

“Seunghyun…are you ok?”

 

The burning soared to a new height, concentrating itself in my lower half as I staggered over. Somewhere in my head a voice told me stop, look, listen and think…but I couldn’t.

 

Your POV

 

The door opened and someone came inside. Moving my head slowly I turned to see…Seunghyun! Almost instantly my dizziness vanished and I let a smile spread itself over my face…only to replace it was a frown.

 

Something was wrong with the way he walked…like he was only semi-conscious. I called out but there was no reply, only as he continued to come closer.

 

An unknown fear restarted my hyperventilating as I stared wide eyed at the advancing figure. In a matter of moments he had me pinned against the wall, his eyes filled with a darkness I had never seen before.

 

It was beastly, a monstrous glare that I’d would never ‘un’see. I gulped unwillingly, inhaling a scent of something strong in his heavy breathing.

 

He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them once again. This time an almost tortured look crossed his gaze before being replaced by that look again. That’s when I knew. The Seunghyun I knew was still in there.

 

“Please…don’t do this. You don’t want to. Just..please...listen to me.” I pleaded hoping against hope that he’d listen to me.

 

He paused for a moment, fixing his piercing gaze on me before forcing out, “I…need…to.”

 

The hoarse voice sent chills down my spine as he started kissing my neck, slowly working his way down.

 

I struggled, shaking and screaming mutely as the wrists he held became red and raw. Terror ripped through every cell of my body. This time I’d be here for every second of what he was about to do.

 

I couldn’t space myself out. Tears seeped through the corners of my eyes as I mustered one last effort to try to move him. But I couldn’t even shift his weight an inch.

 

A sinking feeling of resignation burdened my chest and breathing became difficult. I went slack in his arms…waiting for what was about to come.

 

Suddenly, I felt his weight being pulled off me. A figure with distinctive hair shoved Seunghyun to the floor, throwing punches at his face.

 

I sank down next to him, watching wide eyed as Young Bae’s anger continued to beat the life out of Seunghyun.

 

Real violence isn’t sissy like in the movies. It’s bloody and it’s scary to watch. I begged him to stop, as my voice returned, grabbing his arms as Seunghyun groaned.

 

He glanced at me before dropping hold of Seunghyun’s collar and instead gathering me into his arms.

 

Bundled up in his jacket, he led me to his car through the back, turning the heating up as I climbed into the passenger seat.

 

I didn’t want to think, I couldn’t even breathe properly yet. My eyelids started drooping as I curled into the seat. I felt a light finger brush away a strand of hair.

 

Safe wasn’t a word I knew the meaning of anymore. But here, with Youngbae felt better than there with whatever Seunghyun had become.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n OMG writing bad stuff about your ultimate bias is SO HARD!!!! GAAH XD dont worry it will get better, i promise :P I love the new reply function so imma use that to reply to all your lovely comments <3 Keep commenting and subscribing :D