My Only One

Only One

~ 2 years later ~

 

Your POV

 

Today. Today was the day I had been waiting for. Today he was coming back.

 

The early morning sunshine broke through the slit in the closed curtains and I watched as it grew longer, piecing together the memories from the past couple of years.

 

He’d left almost as soon as the letter had come. It was sudden and it was at the worst possible time. It felt like the whole world wanted us to stay apart. But I knew. I knew this was a test.

 

And if we passed, I knew we would last.

 

The first few months were the hardest. Waking up and checking my phone knowing I won’t have that one text or missed call I wanted the most.

 

Feeling empty even though I was surrounded by my friends every single day. Feeling like a part of me was missing and no matter how hard I looked I knew I wouldn’t be able to find it for a very long time.

 

I felt isolated, as though I was in my own little bubble that no one could penetrate. I felt like I was watched them through window.

 

The worst part in those first few months was watching my friends with their boyfriends or girlfriends. The simple gestures of affection that they showed were enough to bring back the thousands of small memories that I’d pushed to the back of my mind.

 

The Bigbang members came to visit at least once a week, whenever their schedules permitted. They were my saviours. Without them, I’d still be numb.

 

It was Jiyong that promised me he would come back soon.

 

It was Daesung that taught me to smile again. 

 

It was Seungri that brought back my old self. 

 

And then there was Youngbae. He’d tried. He really had. He’d apologized a million times and gone out of his way to visit me as much as he could.

 

He was the one that came the most out of all the others. I knew he still felt guilty. I knew I could never fully forgive him or go back to the way we once were, but we had started over.

 

Slowly, I had come out of my shell. I felt pathetic, knowing I missed someone so much that I’d ignored my own life.

 

I allowed myself to be happy and to have fun. I didn’t feel guilty knowing that he was in the military when I was out here.

 

Out of all the Bigbang members Seungri was the one who had a girlfriend now. She was smart girl that put him in his place I guess. He’d finally lost his obsession with Chaerin when she found her man.

 

Jiyong was still married to his studio and pumped out hit after hit. That boy never exhausts himself.

 

Daesung was back into variety. He met famous people and he had a little thing for one of his co-stars in his latest show but I wasn’t supposed to say anything yet.

 

Taeyang…he was lonely I guess. And I know that he felt too guilty to even try to look for a girl. I’d told him I’d forgiven him but we both knew it wasn’t true.

 

Cho Hee’s crap was revealed to YG who kicked her out of the company promptly, even ignoring the threats her father had issued.

 

Being YG, he alerted pretty much all the other entertainment groups rendering Cho Hee unable to join any. Of course he didn’t say who was involved in the actual incident. We all knew he wasn’t that dumb.

 

I never heard from or of her again. It’s been a year and a half and I’m still counting my lucky stars that she's gone.

 

I quickly got out bed, shaking myself free of my thoughts and got ready. Pulling my clothes on slowly, trying not to rush so I could avoid waiting around. I packed the food I had prepared meticulously and glanced at the clock.

 

Right on cue, the bell rang to reveal Jiyong who smiled nervously at me. The butterflies in my stomach intensified. I didn’t even know why I felt this nervous.

 

The ride to the airport was the longest wait of my life. No one spoke as we all sat wrapped up in our own little worlds.

 

Finally we arrived and I tried my best not to fidget as we sat and stared at the doorway through which Seunghyun should have arrived ten minutes ago.

 

It was a back entrance to the airport that was closed off to the public so he would have a peaceful moment before going to into the world as T.O.P.

 

The occasional guard walked past as we waited. The minutes ticked by and the butterflies in my stomach faded to be replaced by an irrational fear.

 

Nothing could have happened. A reassuring hand gripped my upper arm. It was Daesung. He always knew my feelings…sometimes even better than me.

 

A figure ambled through the door and I sat, staring intensely at the face that was looking down.

 

Slowly he lifted it up. His eyes locked with mine as I felt the familiar warmth of his fiery gaze.

 

The coldness in my chest evaporated immediately. It was as though the past two years were gone. I suddenly noticed the absence of the other members who only a moment ago had been sitting beside me.

 

I froze as Seunghyun moved towards me, quickening his pace before a he tried to sprint with his luggage.

 

Abandoning his suitcases half way he slowed to a halt in front of me. A moment of hesitation, as though he feared I had forgotten.

 

But then he was all around me once again. The scent, the touch and the embrace that I had missed so much was back.

 

Muffled ‘I missed yous’ came from behind as he tightened his grip. Suddenly he dropped his arms and faced me.

 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box. Somewhere in my head I knew what was going on but that part was out of order. I stared confusedly as he knelt in from of me.

“___(Your name)___, will you be my only one?”

 

I couldn’t speak…I couldn’t cry. I just nodded mutely as I watched him slip the ring onto my finger.

 

He was my only one…and I was his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMIGAWSH IT IS FINALLY DONE! MY FIRST FANFIC IS DONE :) Thank you all for so much support and awesomeness :P Since i have finished this one imma throw myself at my other fanfic about BB coz i kinda neglected it a bit (oops)! Check it out for me and subscribe :D Over and out yo hehe ^^<33