Explanations

Only One

 

Your POV

 

I started with the deep breaths, filling my body with oxygen before I opened my eyes. The room was stark white and the lights were blinding.

 

Quickly, I shut my eyes and then opened them, squinting until I could finally open them fully again. A warm something enveloped my right hand. I shifted my neck a little, shuffling down to see whose hand it was.

 

A hunched figure sat curled up in an armchair next to the bed. Other than the hand that was holding mine, everything else was tucked up beneath him. The steady rise and fall of the chest attracted my attention and I stared dazedly for a while before realising he was asleep.

 

It took me only a moment to figure out who he was and I pulled my hand out of his grasp, waking him up in the process.

 

The shadows under his eyes suggested I’d been here for longer than I’d anticipated. I dared not look in his eyes though…not yet.

 

I turned my head in the other direction, wincing as sharp pains rose up my stiff neck. But almost as soon as I’d successfully swapped body positions, his face loomed into my line of sight.

 

There was no escaping it now. His face and eyes were directly in front of me. I shut my eyes tight, scrunching up my lids.

 

A slight movement of air by my ear made them flutter open again.

 

“Please…I know I don’t deserve this chance but please just listen to him.”

 

Him? Who else was here?

 

From my limited view in the bed from behind all the monitors and machines I was hooked up to, I had failed to notice a sullen looking Youngbae sulking behind Seunghyun.

 

Youngbae? Listen to him?

 

I looked enquiringly at Youngbae who wouldn’t meet my gaze. Seunghyun turned to face him, hissing under his breath, “Tell her. Tell her everything from the beginning.”

 

Youngbae finally stopped inspecting the floor and lifted his gaze to mine. Almost immediately he looked back down, shaking his head imperceptibly.

 

“Now you bastard.”

 

Youngbae shifted uneasily again before opening his mouth. His pleading eyes met mine before he fixed his gaze behind my head, took a deep breath and started.

 

As I listened to the alternate story pouring from Youngbae’s mouth I felt a sickening feeling of hatred mixed with guilt, betrayal and relief all at the same time grip me.

 

Seunghyun’s gaze was also fixed at the ground until we got to the part about the party. No one was more surprised than him when Youngbae explained how his face had ended up pretty much in pieces.

 

“So…I didn’t go all the way with her?” he asked, an expression of utter shock on his face. He didn’t remember anything from the night, I knew that much but he thought he’d me too?

 

Well Youngbae cleared that one up. Cho Hee and her lying skills were not to be underestimated.

 

Relief was evident on Seunghyun’s face, although his face was still turned down towards the floor. I gasped audibly at the mention of the video, which caused him to look up, concerned.

 

The monitor started beeping a bit faster than usual, but Seunghyun came to my aid, soothing me even before I’d had a chance to get hysterical.

 

It felt so normal…something I was used to. But then I remembered what he had been doing with Cho Hee.

 

Well what would you know? Youngbae cleared that one up as well. A warm feeling coursed through my entire body as I looked up to meet Seunghyun’s eyes. He’d been trying to protect me all along.

 

I couldn’t control the tears longer as I felt them b over the edge. Alarmed, Seunghyun pulled me into an awkward hug, rubbing away my tears and comforting me like he had always done.

 

As he released me I saw Youngbae out of the corner of my eye and froze. An icy feeling of betrayal replaced the warmth and I felt my gaze harden as I took in his stooped appearance.

 

I took a deep breath and spoke, trying to sound vaguely normal. “So…she still has the video?” Youngbae brightened a bit at that and shook his head vigorously.

 

“No. I only gave her the CD the morning after the party. I still have the USB with the video. And since hyung broke the CD…she doesn’t have a copy.”

 

Well that was one positive thing that had come out of this. At least I knew Cho Hee didn’t have anything to blackmail us with.

 

“___(Your name)___-ah…I’m so-,” he started before I cut him off.

 

“Save it oppa. I don’t really know who you are anymore.” The crestfallen expression on his face did nothing to the icy demeanour of mine. He quickly excused himself, to which neither I nor Seunghyun objected.

 

He was a traitor. He’d played with my trust…forgiving him wasn’t something I could even contemplate.

 

“___(Your name)___...I’m sorry…for what I did to you at the party. In fact…I understand if you don’t want to be with me anymore…I haven’t given you anything but trouble since we first met…” Seunghyun’s pitifully small voice trailed off.

 

I raised my unhurt arm and placed my hand on his cheek, it slowly.

 

“Oppa…nothing was your fault. You couldn’t have helped it. And for the record, you’re the best thing that’s happened to my life.”

 

 

 

 

a/n YAY :') Told you it got better...but there's still one more twist heheheh ^___^Only a couple more chappies to go though <3 Keep commenting and subscribing :P