The Vacation VII

Only One

 

Daesung POV


“Mines near that log over there.” I winked at Minzy who turned a cute pink.

 

“Oppa, you’re not meant to tell me that…what’s the point if I already know?” She pouted and I pounced on her cheeks, pinching them affectionately until she squirmed out of my grip.

 

“Oppaaa! That hurt!”

 

“Aww, oppa’s sorry,” I put on my best puppy dog face as she glared at me. Softening instantly, she patted my shoulder and walked off, suddenly turning back.

 

“Oppa, which log?”

 

I felt a bright smile planting itself on my face as I pointed out the hollow piece of wood that held my hoodie.

 

Chang-Po started motioning for us to gather around once again and I gave our camp site a once over, just in case we had forgotten to pack something.

 

Bae hyung was still over near his tent area so I decided to go grab him on my way to where Chang-Po was standing.

 

I started jogging over to him, drawing air in my lungs as I prepared to yell at him to hurry up. But as I closed in on him I paused.

 

The angle from which I had seen him before had made him appear to be quite further to his left. This wasn’t where his tent had been pitched at all. So what was he doing here?

 

I moved forward slowly until I could almost see what he was doing from behind his back. It looked like he was fumbling with something against a tree, almost like he was trying to shove it in.

 

“Damn it! Why won’t it go in?” I heard him curse under his breath. Inching my way closer, I held the air in my lungs as I struggled to see the object.

 

One fluffy leg that was poking out from beneath Bae hyung’s arm was enough to tell me exactly what it was.

 

The rag doll that had been patched up time and time again was and still is Seunghyun hyung’s favourite toy. It was the object he had contributed for the game. It was also to be hidden behind a rock, not in this tree.  This tree was supposed to be Bae hyung’s hiding place.

 

Backing away, I turned to sprint, getting only a few steps in before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jerked at it and was about to wrench it away when a disgruntled Seungri came into view.

 

“Yah! Hyung! I’m not going to you for godsake! Why are you so jumpy?” My breath was coming in gasps even as I peered over his shoulder to see that the tree was now in plain view and Bae hyung was nowhere to be seen.

 

This was such a bad idea. I knew it. But I told him anyway.

 

Seungri POV

 

I knew Daesung hyung had lost his mind as soon as he jumped a foot in the air when I grabbed his shoulder.

 

But what was coming out his mouth now was just…too much. He really needed to see someone. I listened patiently anyway as he rapidly talked about Bae hyung stuffing Seunghyun hyung’s teddy in the tree.

 

I nodded in all the right places even though I didn’t believe a word he said. Why would Bae hyung want to hide Seunghyun hyung’s object in some random place? I know Ji hyung told him about the plan so he definitely knows what’s going on.

 

Daesung hyung suddenly yanked my arm and dragged me over to the tree as he forced me to look into the hollow interior.

 

I gazed obediently, chuckling to myself about Daseung hyung and all his crazies. That was until my eyes adjusted to the darkness of the hollow tree and I saw the clear outline of an unmistakable toy.

 

My eyes widened and I pulled my head out, turning to face Daesung hyung, who looked satisfied that he had finally gotten me to believe him.

 

“But why?” I asked, confused. “If Bae hyung changed Seunghyun hyung’s toy that would mean ___(Your name)___-ah wouldn’t be partners with Seunghyun hyung for the challenge. How’s that going to benefit him?” I thought out loud.

 

Daesung hyung brightened once again and quickly led me to the rock that had previously been the teddy’s hiding place. I peered behind and was greeted by a pair of smooth sunglasses. “He swapped them around?” I asked startled.

 

A worried expression crossed Daesung hyung’s face, just as an irritated Chang-Po bellowed at us to hurry up.

 

“We have to do something!” I stated. “I don’t know what Bae hyung’s playing at but it sure doesn’t look good. What can we do hyung?” I asked as we jogged slowly over to the rest of the group.

 

Daesung hyung thought for a moment before speaking. “Seungri-ah, I have an idea. Don’t tell anyone what I told you, and I mean that. Just…just…I’ll take care of this.”

 

Your POV

 

Finally, Daesung and Seungri sauntered up as Chang-Po looked pointedly at his watch. Daesung squeezed himself next to me and offered me a tight smile.

 

I smiled back. Ji’s plan is going to work. It’s so simple…yet…genius. Just like him.

 

As Chang-Po started handing out the tents, Ji interrupted just as we had planned and asked for a chance to play the game and swap partners.

 

Chang-Po’s face twisted into a confused/startled look. For a moment, I held my breath, expecting him to deny us straight out. I exhaled quickly as he nodded his head slowly.

 

Everyone knew the rules except Cho Hee, so Ji pretended it had been his idea and that he had set it all up by himself without anyone else knowing.

 

A scowl contorted Cho Hee’s face and I felt her gaze heat up mine. I knew what she was thinking and I struggled to maintain a poker face. I didn’t want to break out into a victory dance just yet.

 

Chang-Po told us to go fill up our drink bottles before we started the game and everyone headed off towards the taps.

 

A light tap on my shoulder alerted me and I turned to see Daesung.

 

“___(Your name)___-ah, you know where it is right?” he asked worriedly.

 

“Of course I do oppa. Just behind that rock over there,” I answered pointing confidently.

 

“OH! ___(Your name)___, no one told you? There’s been a change in the plans,” he exclaimed.

 

I stared at him with a puzzled look on my face, waiting for him to continue.

 

“We decided that the rock was way too out in the open and plus Cho Hee might get suspicious if you go straight for it. So we’ve hidden the teddy inside the hollow tree that Bae hyung previously hid his sunglasses in…”

 

 

 

 

a/n YAY! Seungri and Daesung to the rescue!!! Woohoo! OMG so many new subscribers <3 Keep commenting and subscribing all you awesome people out there :) Comment replies:

@insertnamehere - I KNOW!!! I feel so bad for making taeyang the baddie here.. WAAHH >.< thanks for commenting :P

@k-poplov - HAHHAAH YES omg if i were TOP Cho Hee would be the one in the lake! AND I KNOW, i feel like punching myself for making Tae the baddie :( Thanks for leaving an awesome comment :D

@Yuna_Nuna - WOOT! I'm so glad you like it *cue the happy dance* hehe Thanks for commenting ^___^

@BlueRiver04 - I know, i feel like a grub for making tae the baddie but HEY like this chappie? I couldnt bring myself to make TOP all miserable for an entire weekend with someone else :P Thanks for dropping a comment <3