The Incident

Only One

Your POV

“Hey sugar, wanna have some fun?” the drunken voices called out.

 

I quickened my pace, wrapping my arms against my body as the winter air lashed out at me.

 

The party had just been too much. Too much drinking, drugs and . People were just doing it everywhere and anywhere, drinking themselves less and getting themselves high on who knows what.

 

My friends weren’t here and the guy that I thought cared had abandoned me. And I just realised that stepping out for fresh air had been a bad idea.

 

I turned the corner of a street and hurried from streetlamp to streetlamp; as though the circles of light surrounding them were safety zones.

 

I was practically running now. Thank god I hadn’t worn those heels. My flats barely made the quietest thud as I hurried down the street.

 

The footsteps soon faded and I slowed down, breathing a sigh of relief.

 

It wasn’t far to my house now. Just a few more blocks and then I can go to bed with a steaming mug of hot chocolate.

 

The end of the street was bathed in darkness, no streetlamps here. My heart rate sped up as I quickened my pace once more.

 

That’s when I realised it was a dead end.

 

“I like a woman that runs. It’s much more fun,” the drunken voice said from behind me.

 

My heart jumped into my throat as I took in a great gulp of air. But before I could scream or even struggle, hands came around my mouth and my arms.

 

There was more than one.

 

I kicked and I scratched. I bit the hand that covered my mouth. Intense swearing followed as one of them slapped me hard across the face.

 

Suddenly I felt a sharp point at my thigh.

 

“Move and I will cut you into so many pieces, that the police won’t be able to figure out whether you’re human at the morgue,” he whispered.

 

It wasn’t fear of the knife that paralysed me. It was fear of what was about to happen.

 

His hands ran all over my body. And I cried. Because no one should be allowed to do this to a girl without her permission. No girl should have something so intimate, violated.

 

The tears only ran for a few moments though. The sound of his loosening belt drove all thoughts out of my mind.

 

I wasn’t even in my body anymore. I couldn’t feel anything he was doing to me. I could only watch from above as this man took something from me that I would never be able to retrieve.

 

The feeling of intense pain brought me back as I felt the knife cut into my side, leaving a deep gash.

 

“That’s to remember me by.” I could hear the smile in his voice.

 

As he stood up, the moonlight caught the side of his face. It was recognition that brought back my emotions.

 

I woke up screaming and sobbing once again. My heart was hammering in my chest; the fear hadn’t disappeared, even though it was only a dream.

 

All of a sudden, I was in his arms. His hands traced soothing circles on my back as he whispered words of comfort against my forehead.

 

I gripped the front of his shirt and cried harder. Because today was the first day someone’s arms felt like home. Arms that were strong enough to hold me even when I lost my balance.

 

TOP POV

 

The screaming pierced through the still night air. Bewildered, I realised that it was coming from the bed. Her.

 

I jumped up and threw myself onto the bed, gathering her in my arms. “Just a dream. You’re alright. You’re here. Nothing can hurt you. I’m here,” I said.

 

I had expected her to recoil at my touch, that would have been normal. What was scarier was when she clung onto the front of my shirt and absolutely crumbled in my arms.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n Man, I had goosebumps writing this chapter. Scary much? Thank you for all the lovely comments <3 Keep subscribing and commenting for moi and i shall update quicker :P