Therapy

Only One

 

TOP POV

 

“It was…my then boyfriend, the guy that left me alone at the party. I felt so stupid, for lying to my parents and my family about him. I thought…I thought he was good, and I lied about seeing him. I thought he was the one,” she paused searching my face for some sort of reaction.

 

So the dickhead that had done this to her was someone that had gained her trust and then ripped it all out from beneath. If I ever got my hands on him-pfft wait why would I want to dirty my hands with that scum? Rephrase: If I ever got a gun on him, he’d have so many holes in so many places he’d probably resemble popped bubble wrap.

 

The lava of anger that was about to erupt was slowly replace by a kind of bone-deep aching sadness for her. And if I felt this way, I don’t even want to imagine what she went through.

 

“It’s just. My parents, they’re so traditional. And when they found out, they…started distancing themselves from me. They tried, they really did but in their eyes I was impure…a burden.”

 

Her eyes welled up once more and the tears slipped over the edge. I, almost cautiously, lifted my hand to her face and the cheek where the tear had fallen; using my thumb to wipe it away.

 

If only I could wipe away the rest of her sorrows like that.

 

I won’t deny it was weird when she crawled into my lap once again, resting her head against my chest and listening to my heartbeat. My arms came around her naturally and we stayed like that for god knows how long.

 

It was the second time she had sought and accepted my affections physically. It was almost exhilarating in a sense to be able to be this close to her.

 

Your POV

 

This is what it should be like. His arms felt comfortable, like a second skin. His heartbeat was steady, it was constant, and something I needed.

 

His rhythmic breathing timed perfectly with mine.

 

Outside the sun rose in the sky and then slowly started descending. After what seemed like only a few moments he leant down and whispered in my ear, “You hungry?”

 

Without waiting for an answer, he scooped me up and carried me to the kitchen, setting me down at the table. I watched him patiently as he made noodles for the both of us, only speaking when he didn’t know where something was.

 

He placed the bowl down in front of me and grabbed some chopsticks. I held out my hand, only to be denied.

 

Shaking his head playfully at me, picked up some noodles and stuck them into my mouth, catching me by surprise.

 

We ate together and then did the dishes. It was night time already.

 

“Do you want me to leave?” he asked already making his way to the bedroom and picking up his coat.

 

TOP POV

 

I didn’t want to leave. I didn’t want to leave her in such a delicate state. But I forced the words out of my mouth and went to get my coat, averting my gaze to the ground lest she sees my face.

 

I was about to slip it on when she caught my arm.

 

“Don’t go. Please?”

 

And that was all it took. We sat down together on the bed, her head resting on my shoulder.

 

Suddenly she sat up and looked me straight in the eyes. “There’s something I want you to see.”

 

She clasped my hand and slowly lifted up the side of her t-shirt. A somewhat faded scar ran all the way up from the top of the left side of her pelvic bone to the bottom of her ribcage, tarnishing her perfect skin.

 

She placed my hand on it and I it lightly, fuming on the inside. “You’re beautiful, no matter what.” I whispered trying not to let any of my anger show.

 

“It’s the scars in my heart that hurt more,” she said, letting out a small sarcastic laugh.

 

I cradled her in my arms and listened as her breathing deepened and slowed down. The worry lines were still there, poisoning her once radiant features. I sighed heavily and moved her onto the pillows.

 

Stepping out onto the balcony for a moment, I pulled out my phone and called Ji.

 

“Ah, hyung. We tried your mobile phone so many times. We were so worried. Are you okay? Is ___(Your name)___ ok?” Ji’s frantic voice said.

 

“Don’t worry Ji-yong ah. I’m fine. I’ll be here tonight too. Tell the others. I have to go now, I’ll see you tomorrow ok?” I replied, trying my best to sound calm in order to quieten the usually serene leader.

 

“Ok hyung. If you need anything, call.” We said our goodbyes and hung up. I took a deep whiff of the cool night air, collecting my thoughts.

 

Somewhere out there was the guy that had ruined her life. It made me feel like a rat just knowing I breathe the same air as him.

 

My phone buzzing snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at the screen to see ‘Private Number.’

 

Frowning I pressed the talk button.

 

“Yeobuhseyo?”

 

“Hey honey. Remember me?”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n Mianhe readers :P I don't want to reveal the just yet. I don't know if i want to make him someone TOP knows...we'll just have to wait and see yes? Stick with me :P Anywhoo CUE THE EX ;) we've gotten rid of your demons now what about TOP's? Keep commenting and subscribing <3