When One of Your Members and One of His Like Each Other

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

“Really? I don’t think so.” He leaned over you to look at Dae and his other band member. “No. I don’t see it.” You laughed, pushing your boyfriend playfully.

“They definitely like each other. Look at them!” He shook his head violently. “No way. Dae is too…” You faked insult, looking at him with mock surprise.

“Dae is what? Too cute? Friendly? Adorable?” He laughed.

“Too innocent! Have you seen him?” You shrugged, lowering your voice to a whisper when the two you were discussing turned around.

“Fine. Whatever. I think you’re wrong.” He rolled his eyes, laughing again at your relentless persistence. When you turned to leave the styling room together, you turned to look over your shoulder. Dae was leaning so close to his band member, her hand almost touching his leg. You shrugged off the idea, deciding to side with your boyfriend. There was no way your maknae would date someone like your boyfriend’s band member.

*

A suspicious glint reflected in your eyes when Dae laughed wildly at a text message back in the dorm.

“What’s so funny?” your leader asked, and you leaned across her to try and snatch the phone.

“No! Stop!” she screeched, falling off the couch in an attempt to get away. The other girls laughed and scrambled to help her up, everybody’s inexorable laughter nearly shaking the walls.

*

“No! No. No. No. Oh god, no.” You opened the door to the bedroom you shared with Dae, startled by her panicked yells.

“Dae? Are you alright?” She buried her head in her hands, turning away from the computer screen, her shoulders shaking with frustration. You looked at the computer, eyes scanning the headlines of a popular celebrity news website.

At the moment, the most trending topic was a blurry picture of Dae and your boyfriend’s band member, holding hands as they crossed the street at night.

“Dae? What’s going on?” She wiped her wet eyes, leaning over you to hide her face in the sleeve of your sweater.

“I’ve been dating him and now…now they all know and I just ruined everything for our group and his group and he’ll probably break up with me and please don’t be mad at me. It wasn’t on purpose, I swear!” She rambled on, trying to apologize for everything that she couldn’t control. You smiled, placing a hand on top of her soft hair.

“It’s going to be okay. Nobody’s going to be mad at you. Sure, some fans might be annoying for a little while, but they’ll get over it. Celebrities reveal relationships all the time. Nothing happened when my boyfriend and I went public, why should it be different for you?”

“We tried to hide it though. I don’t want to mess things up.”

“I think it’ll be fine. Just call him!” You smiled at her comfortingly. “I’m surprised people didn’t catch you earlier.” She looked confused. “You guys were really obvious.” She laughed back, and you offered her a reassuring hug, placing her phone in her open hand. “Call him. Trust me!”

*

“Gross! Get a room!” Your rapper, Tina, lightly shoved Dae as she leaned her head against her newly public boyfriend. The two of them laughed, your boyfriend’s band mate tightening his grip around your maknae’s arm.

Leaning against the wall next to your boyfriend, you offered him a knowing smile.

“I told you.” He pouted playfully, crossing his arms. “I told you!” The two of you laughed, making faces at the couple across from you.

“I give up! You’re all annoying!” Tina said, jokingly. She threw her arms up in the air and walked out of the room, her irritated stance betrayed by the amused smile on her face.