When Your First Boyfriend Is Revealed On a Show and He Gets Jealous

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

Settling into the comfortable seat, you prepared for a recording on the popular TV show. Many other idols including your leader and your boyfriend were guests on the show as well, and the atmosphere was familiar among friends. The show’s hosts were eager to turn conversation to interesting and instigated one of the most popular topics: romance.

Everyone in front of the cameras laughed awkwardly. You smirked. How many other idols had secrets like yours? No doubt you and your boyfriend weren’t the only ones with a relationship maintained out of the public eye. One of the emcees turned to face your leader, Jiyeon.

“So Jiyeon, why don’t you tell us about your first kiss?” Her cheeks turned bright with embarrassment. Covering with a hand, she chuckled uncomfortably.

“Oh that…it was so awkward!” With laughter in her eyes she explained, blushing at the recollection of the “candy” kiss. Grimacing, she described her mortification when a teacher found the young couple together, humiliating both of the young lovers. Everyone in the audience laughed, and Jiyeon hid her face jokingly in her hands, concealing her amusement.

Smiling to the camera, one of the emcee’s brought forth a poster covered by another sheet of paper.

“So, we recently learned about your first boyfriend back in your home country.” You looked at them in surprise, oblivious as to where the conversation was headed. The other curious guests leaned forward for a look at the picture as the show’s host ripped away the sheet concealing it.

You smiled nostalgically when his photo was revealed. Anyone could see that he was handsome. Young and European, his good looks were acknowledged by everyone in the studio. Even the audience let forth expressions of interest when they saw the old picture of you two together. You blushed unintentionally, and began to laugh.

“Wow! He’s handsome. Very charming!” The other guests laughed, but you happened to notice the slightest of pouts present on your boyfriend’s bottom lip. “You should record a message for him!” Despite your feeble protest, the rest of the guests encouraged you with amused giggles. You sighed, and turned to face the nearest camera.

“Hey! It’s been a very long time hasn’t it? I hope that you’re doing well!” Waving adorably, you happily told the camera goodbye. Everyone in the room admired your cute greeting, and your boyfriend looked awkward and out of place.

 It didn’t take long for the discussion to change once again, and eventually it was time to return home. Grabbing his arm, you began to walk out the back door with him to the car. His glance shifted away momentarily and he hesitated before speaking.

“Your first boyfriend… do you still get to see him?” The question was presented casually and without accusation, but you detected a hint of jealous curiosity lingering in his tone. For the briefest of moments you felt offended by the question, but quickly washed away the thought. He was feeling insecure. An entire room of people just told you your first boyfriend was an appealing man, and you had little doubt that were you in your boyfriend’s position, you would have felt the same.

“I haven’t seen him in years,” you said with a laugh. His shoulders remained slightly hunched as you continued to walk. Stopping abruptly, you placed a hand gently on his upper back. “Babe…Yes, he’s a nice guy. Yes, he was handsome. But you’re nicer. And I think you’re better looking.” You poked him jokingly on the nose and smiled, pinching his cheek. He rolled his eyes in amusement but allowed a smile to cross his face, grabbing your cheeks in his hands. Kissing you gently on the lips, he smirked.

“Good.”