When You Play the "Paper Kiss" Game

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

Fidgeting in your seat, you made faces at the girl across from you. Both members from your group and a boy group from your company were among the guests on the variety show. After introducing the guests, an emcee suggested everyone stand in two separate lines.

Your boyfriend walked eagerly next to you in line, his face betraying a poorly disguised smile. On your other side was Hyungmin, the leader of your company’s boy group. You grinned at him politely, and he nodded happily in response.

When the emcee announced the two teams would be competing at the paper game, loud laughter resonated from the audience. You turned to your boyfriend, who was glaring at the member of his group on the other side of him.  The game started when the music started, and you couldn’t help but laugh loudly at the sappy love song they chose to accompany the activity.

Hyungmin turned to you, his eyes wide as the paper started to fall. You moved quickly forward, turning your head to catch the paper. Fans screamed with laughter at your awkward position, your boyfriend staring from next to you. When you faced him he reached his hands to your cheek, pulling you close to him with mock intensity. You could feel his lips through the piece of wax paper, and nearly dropped it while pulling your face away. His eyes were laughing as he turned around, and your annoyed mumbles were drowned out by the wild screams of audience members and show guests alike.

Your irritated glare diffused at his uncomfortable approach toward the other member of his group. Once again the paper nearly dropped, but was successfully set by his group member on the plate at the end. Your team offered high fives to each other for the win, and you smacked your boyfriend gently on the chest amidst the commotion.

“Are you crazy?” He laughed, messing your hair with his hand. This prompted an annoyed cry from your stylist, initiating another round of amused laughs.

When the guests settled back into their seats, an emcee turned to you and your boyfriend.

“I think the audience and I both agree you two would look adorable together.” You laughed, looking at your boyfriend with a confused expression.

“Really?” His awkward facial expression matched yours, and the both of you made jokes about the crazy idea. The emcee turned to a different guest and you met eyes with your boyfriend. He winked quickly, a gesture noticed only by you. You smirked, silently forgiving him for his boyish antics.