When a Hardcore Fan Tricks You Into Signing a Marriage Certificate

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

A/N: Huu~ Okay. I've finally uploaded all of the "idol version" scenarios I had posted to Tumblr. Which means you won't be bombarded by updates every five minutes! I generally write a new Idol scenario every other day or so, and can assure you that your notifications for this set of scenarios will be a lot less annoying from now on! Now to finish updating the "regular version" scenarios. (T_T)

You plastered a smile on your cheeks, scribbling signatures with a permanent marker. Meeting your fans was important to you, but the lack of sleep from the night before and your growing hunger were proving to be more challenges for you to fight against. A handsome fan smiled at you brightly, and you scribbled a signature on the white paper he held before you. 

“Yes! I didn’t think that would actually work!” His words caught your attention quickly.

“What? What are you talking about?” He unfolded the paper, a victorious grin on his face. You leaned closer, reading the words that had been covered. Marriage license? Aw, hell. This wasn’t real, right? You opened your mouth, uncertain what to say. It was a tangible license, identical to those filled out by newlyweds.

“Are you serious?” You stared at him in surprise. This was perhaps the last thing you wanted to deal with today, having a number of stressful tasks to manage already. Your manager Dongshin placed a hand on your shoulder, leaning over to take the paper from the fan’s hands.

“What the hell is this?” You looked up to him with teary eyes, already panicking. He scanned the page, motioning for the security guard to move the fan somewhere else. “We’ll fix it,” he said, handing you a tissue to wipe your eyes. “Give it a day or two, but we’ll fix it.” You nodded, relieved that the event had come to a close.

Somehow, reporters caught wind of your story, plastering pictures of your “husband” across the web. You grimaced at your laptop. Not only had they detailed the story with more embellishment than you had remembered, but had also suggested that you weren’t doing anything to solve the problem.

“I think she’s on the computer,” your leader said, directing the sudden visitor to your bedroom.

“So.” You cringed at the ice in your boyfriend’s voice, curious as to the reason. “I see I wasn’t invited to the wedding?” You laughed, turning around in your chair. His icy glance confused you, a question raised in his brow. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he exclaimed. “I had to find out through the internet. I mean, isn’t that something I might want to hear about?” You sighed, standing up and wrapping your arms around him. You rested your head on his chest.

“I’m sorry. I’ve been a little dazed. It’s not exactly how I expected yesterday to go.” He sighed, resting his cheek on top of your head.

“I hate that guy. I’m gonna kill him.” You pulled away.

“Hey, that’s just how fans are. It’s my fault for signing the thing!” Your boyfriend rolled his eyes in exasperation, falling back onto your mattress.

“He just forced you to marry him! That’s not normal! You’re married to this weirdo. What does that make me?” You tried to grab ahold of his hand, but he pulled away in frustration.

“Look,” you said, lying next to him. “I’m not thrilled either, but trying to upset the guy isn’t going to solve this problem.” He started to argue with you, but was interrupted by the jovial ring of your cell phone.

“Hello?” You talked softly to your manager on the other end, nodding and smiling before you hung up. Your boyfriend raised his eyebrow, silently asking for your explanation. You grinned. “It doesn’t count. No signed witnesses. And I didn’t really consent or anything. So really, I was never married.” He heaved a sigh of relief, falling back to the bed once more with you in his arms.

“Thank god. That would have been a disaster.” You laughed, sharing in his relief. “You’re not allowed to get married, okay? Not unless it’s me.” He covered your mouth playfully with his hands. “Stop laughing! I’m serious.” You rolled your eyes, bringing your own finger to his lips.

“Shh. Now that this is over, I can finally get some rest.” Your boyfriend grinned, pulling you closer to his chest and tugging a pillow beneath your head. He leaned over you, turning off the desk lamp nearby.

“We can talk later. Goodnight.” A smile curled on his lips as he leaned close, lightly kissing your forehead before following you to sleep.