When You're Caught Together On a Staircase

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

You shifted slightly, adjusting your legs beneath you on the steps. Leaning back on the stairs and smiling at you, your boyfriend let forth a relaxed sigh. His hand crawled casually over to your shoulder, drawing small circles in a rhythmic pattern.

“How much longer?” You looked down at the cell phone in your hands.

“Two hours?” He smiled at you, a hint of anticipation in his eyes. The recording wasn’t to start for a while, with everyone present waiting in the dressing rooms and common area. Tired of the noise and bustling action, the two of you wandered away to an unfrequented staircase, away from the cast and crew.

“Good,” he said, and moved his hand to the back of your neck. Your eyes closed beneath the softness of his touch. He leaned close, the warmth of his breath on your skin. You pressed your lips to his, bringing a hand to his hair. Your boyfriend smiled, and bit gently on your bottom lip. Leaning closer, he lifted you onto his lap.

Just as the moment grew intimate, an unwelcome laugh echoed off the walls. You returned quickly to the stairs, looking away from your boyfriend with an uncomfortable chuckle in your throat.

“Oh don’t let me interrupt,” the intruder said. “Carry on.” He had an amused smirk on his face, as though almost satisfied with his discovery of yet another secret relationship. Your boyfriend sighed, rolling his eyes and standing up from the stairs.

“Seriously? Go away,” he whined, his voice taking on the tone of a child. The other boy laughed at him playfully, messing his hair and walking back toward the dressing room.

Your boyfriend sighed, returning next to you with a pout on his shiny lips. You laughed, leaning close to kiss him once more.

“Don’t make that face! He’s not going to tell. Besides, he’s gone now.” Absently you the collar of his shirt, smiling brightly next to his face. You looked down at the time once more. “We should probably get going though. It’s almost time.” He glared in the direction the other boy had walked. You rolled your eyes at him, returning your hand to his hair.

His eyes widened as you kissed him once more with a hungry strength. You smiled, patting him gently on the head before walking down the hall.

“Hey! Wait up!” He stood up and chased after you, grabbing you around the waist. Together you entered the studio, laughing and smiling to the point of gasping for air. The boy who interrupted you gave a knowing smile, before turning around once again.