When He Saves You With CPR

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

Exhaling sharply, you lowered yourself into the tank of water. You were filming a new music video, and were to be trapped in the tank, homage to your role as Elemint’s “water.” Your boyfriend had come to watch the end of filming, offering you an encouraging smile before you were submerged. Your stylist had helped you into a flowing blue dress that would float dramatically underwater, and you held the fabric in your hands until it was time to film. You took a deep breath, lowering beneath the surface.

With your eyes gently closed, you floated under the water , your hands pressed against the glass like a prisoner desperate to escape. After a minute, you came up for a breath of air.

“That was great!” your director said, offering you a thumbs up. “Let’s do a few more takes to make sure we get enough.” You grinned at him and your manager Dongshin, returning again to the narrow tank. A few seconds passed and you returned your fingers to the cool glass. You opened your eyes carefully to give the camera a desperate look. Above the shaking water you head a cracking, your eyes opening again to see the stunned faces of everyone on the set.

Time began to slow as a piece of rigging fell from above you. Something hit you dully over the head, and you inhaled a mouthful of water involuntarily. You reached up, trying to pull yourself out of the tank. Your fingers met cold metal, your eyes too blurred by water to see. The rigging had covered most of the tank and left no room for you to climb out. You hesitated.Without air in your lungs a strange sensation of calmness swam through your veins. Your dizziness blurred your thoughts, and you stopped struggling against the heavy piece of rigging. Is this what it feels like to die? you thought. 

Around you people were yelling, and you could feel them struggling to lift the weighty beams.

Your boyfriend was wide-eyed, joining the others in pulling you from the water. Your fingers had reached above the surface, but your head was trapped underneath. He felt a swollen lump in his throat as you drifted to the bottom, no longer fighting for a swallow of air. Panic set in everyone’s bellies, but the rigging was finally lifted.

Bending headfirst into the water, your boyfriend pulled you to the surface with ease. He laid you gently on the concrete floor, patting your cheek with a horrified desperation. Your eyes didn’t open.

Sparing hardly a second, he began CPR. Salty tears pricked at his dark eyes, and he began to give up hope. You coughed, water splashing over your front as you inhaled a breath of sweet air. He hugged you tightly with relief, the water from your clothes soaking his front.

A medic was rushed in to inspect your condition, and your boyfriend held your hand tightly in his. Your manager was furious, yelling angrily at the people responsible for building the set. One of the assistants had been relinquished to tears, yet he continued to scream at them for their irresponsibility.

“It’s alright,” you said, your voice too inaudible to travel across the large room. Your boyfriend wiped wet strands of hair from your cheeks.

“It’s not alright. Their mistakes could have killed you. Even if it was an accident, somebody still has to get in trouble for this.” You pushed his hand away.

“No. It’s not fair!” He glared at you, a glint in his eyes.

An ambulance had delivered you to the hospital upon request of the medic. You sat in the starch white bed, still holding the hand of your boyfriend. Your manager held the other, patting your head with a brotherly smile. Your eyes crinkled upwards with your grin. To say you were thankful for the friends and staff who rescued you was an understatement.

“Get well quickly,” Dongshin said, his eyes smiling bright. “We need to finish filming, after all.” You laughed, returning the hug he leaned down to give you. “Take your time, your health is most important.” He left, leaving you and your boyfriend as the only two in the room.

He scanned the piles of balloons and gifts, marveling at the tall stack of cards and letters from your fans.

“Your fans really love you,” he said with a smile. You laughed.

“They’re the sweetest.”

“I’m glad you’re okay.” He pressed his lips gently to your forehead, smiling against your skin. You tightened your arms around his neck, and pulled him close next to you.

“Thank you for saving me.” He beamed, resting his head to your neck.

“I always will.”