When He Says You're His Ideal Type

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

 

You smiled at the sound of laughter coming from your living room. With promotions fully underway, it was nice for the girls in Elemint to finally have a chance to relax. You were in the kitchen, stirring the ramen during your turn to make dinner. Your members were waiting in the other room, enjoying a variety show.

“Oh! Oh! Hey! Guess who’s being interviewed?” Miyoung yelled from where she was sitting. The other members knew about your boyfriend, but embraced it like sisters would. The five of you told each other everything, united by the music you all felt destined to create. You set down the chopsticks you were using to stir the noodles, and followed the sound of Miyoung’s voice to the TV.

You smiled at the sight of your boyfriend, listening intently to the interviewer’s questions. He looked so precious, hands neatly folded in his lap, nodding and laughing with sparkles in his eyes. He interviewer held a microphone to his impeccable lips. “So tell us, do you have an ideal woman?” Your boyfriend laughed and you thought you could see a hint of a blush on his cheeks. The other members of your group looked from you to the screen, obviously interested in the unfolding situation.

He laughed awkwardly. “Well… My ideal type is nice, beautiful, friendly, and she’s-“

“Do you have anyone in particular in mind?” he interviewed asked, taking advantage of his awkward explanation. Your boyfriend laughed, “Yeah…I…I do.  From Elemint.” You smiled to yourself as your members teased you relentlessly. As soon as he mentioned the group's name, the emcee guessed it was you right away.

A few hours after the broadcast, you met up with him at a coffee shop where neither of you would have been recognized. “So…” you said, running your finger around the rim of your coffee mug, “I’m your ideal type?”

“Of course you are!” he said, laughter in his bright eyes. You smiled and laughed as you opened a text message from your maknae Dae that read “ooo! Apparently you two would make a cute couple~~” and included a link to an article. You chuckled in amusement.

“Hey! It says we’d ‘make a cute couple’ and asks what the fans would think.” You continued to scroll through the article down to the comments. “What do the fans think?” you wondered aloud, with a look of curiosity on your face.

“It doesn’t matter to me,” he said, taking your phone gently and exiting the page. He smiled sweetly at you and grabbed your hand, taking another sip of his favorite coffee.