When You Read a Fanfiction Written About You

Optional Bias Scenarios, Idol Version

 

Today you both had the day off, and were enjoying a much needed lazy day. You leaned on his chest as he sat on the couch, the both of you silently enjoying each other’s company as a movie played on the TV in front of you. He played with your hair, running his fingers through every strand as you fiddled around with his cell phone. What started out as you searching your group’s ranking on the digital charts quickly turned into an intriguing search of your own name, something you tried to avoid doing to minimize your exposure to annoying anti-fans.

One link in particular caught your eye. Curious, you clicked on it and began to read the page. Your nose scrunched up into a face of disgust as you continued to read. As much as you wanted to stop, the writing both disturbed and intrigued you in a bizarre way. Fully disturbed, you turned your face towards your boyfriend.

“What the hell did I just read?” you exclaimed, discomfort written all over your face. He raised one eyebrow and took the phone from your grasp. Scanning the page, he laughed.

“That’s fanfiction. Don’t read that stuff.” You stared at him in confusion.

“But…that’s disgusting. Why would I do that with our maknae?” you asked, hoping that no one else in your group had read the story. You felt your eyelid twitch slightly as he laughed again.

“This one is pretty bad, I have to admit,” he remarked. You took the phone back from him and continued scrolling. “You ert, stop looking at it!” You laughed evilly and clicked another link.

“Oh hey look, here’s one about you! Oh gross…”

“YAH!” he yelled, scrambling to snatch the phone from your hands. “Don’t read that!” Eventually, your laughter got the best of you and he wrestled the phone from your hands. You pouted for a few moments, and then turned your attention back to the movie. You settled back onto his chest in contentment. Several minutes of silence passed when suddenly your boyfriend yelled again.

“What?! Why would I do that?!” he shouted, throwing his phone onto the couch. You laughed loudly.

“What happened to not reading those?” He shrugged, feigning innocence.

“What can I say? Our fans are erts.”