Can’t always get what you want

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

So far, so good. Things haven’t been that intense…yet for ________.

She got a long with all of her mentors right away…well almost all of them.

For starters, Leeteuk taught her how to manage her facial expressions and how to interact with fans and reporters. He even taught her tips and tricks for variety shows, leave it to Leeteuk to know how to make people laugh with his stories and antics.

Gahee gets frustrated at ________ from time to time. Since she isn’t a natural dancer, she had to be taught slowly, step by step.

Although ________ still doesn’t get why she has to practice dancing, she just hopes that it will come handy when a time comes that she has to showcase a talent other than singing or using her instruments. She was also informed that she would be going through an acting workshop in the near future.

Donghae first observed how _______ sang and taught her proper breathing exercises, where to get her voice for long and high notes and what not. He seemed to have a lot of time for her, always accommodating her questions and clarifying them. He even listened to some of her original compositions and actually complimented and helped her fix them. He was there when one of the producers asked ________ what she would like her first album or single to be like and listened when she explained how she wanted her first album to be produced.

Nichkhun on the other hand taught her how to show off a strong sense of stage presence, how to react when she encounters technical problems on stage. He also inserted in some aegyo to teach her, when in fact he did it for personal reasons, to see her smile and laugh at his cute and playful ways and to see how she’d do aegyo as well…he was successful in that department. He made her blush and feel shy and embarrassed. The two got to know more about each other and he really made her feel comfortable and distressed her.

 

However, a bump on the road leaves _________ to make a crucial decision. She is put under pressure and intense stress…just when she thought things were falling into place.

________ entered one of the meeting rooms after she got called in by the secretary of one of the heads of the agency.

“Me in an idol group??” To say that ________ is shocked with the news that she received would be an understatement.

“Be thankful that this chance is given to you after only how many months of training. People wait for years for this kind of an opportunity. You still get the same fame and money, actually maybe more if you play your cards right. You’ll have your weaknesses covered by your group mates. Your debut will be certain and soon. Why not stick with this plan? This is a once in a lifetime chance, only someone stupid and careless will throw this chance away” Of course they knew how to play with their words, how to play with _________’s mind and manipulate her in to thinking that what they have for her would be the best for her.

 

Donghae looked for ________ as soon as he and the others were informed by the change of plans for her.

“Hey, I heard about the new plan. Don’t be fooled by the meeting, I’ll talk to them about you.” Donghae seriously told ________ as soon as he found her in one of the practice rooms.

“It’s done. I already said yes to them.” She said as she looked blankly at him.

“You what?!”

“I had no choice.” She answered back and then saw her other seniors come inside the practice room. They know what she must be feeling.

“So just like that? You didn’t argue or defend yourself and what you really wanted?” It was obvious that Donghae was frustrated at her.

“What else could I have done?” ________ felt helpless but she still should find happiness in this news right? It's not like she got fired or told that she wouldn't ever sing.

“That’s weak. I thought I saw that you had something else in you.” Donghae expressed his disappointment before. She simply conformed with what they wanted. 

“Thanks for making me feel more miserable than I already am.” ________ muttered and quickly wiped away the tears that started to roll down her cheeks.

Donghae stood up and walked out of the room. Nichkhun and Gahee sat beside ________ and tried to comfort her while Leeteuk followed Donghae out.

“We know what you’re going through.” Gahee told her as he rubbed her back to calm her down.

“Don’t mind Donghae hyung.” Nichkhun added and handed his hanky.

 

“I think you were too hard on her. You know not everyone is as bold as you are.” Leeteuk said when he caught up with Donghae.

“We only get a few trainees that really want to show a different image and definition to the term singer. She could do so much more and I don’t know who I should be more irritated with her, or our management company.” Donghae thought that maybe ________ would go down the same road like he did because he somehow saw himself in her.

“Hey, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for her.”

“Not likely.” Donghae shook his head, already predicting how things will be for ________.

 

 


 

Yay for a quick update...right?haha

Sorry if some of you got confused about Donghae, Leeteuk, Gahee & Nichkhun. Yes they’re all in the same company and are still active artists here, think of them like Boa, JYP, or Rain mentoring trainees ;)  Should I name their company ‘AFF entertainment agency’?? hahaha random but I am thinking of a name for their record label. Suggestions? :)

Donghae & Gahee are solo artists here while Nickhun is in 2PM and Leeteuk is active in variety shows and as an MC. Hope that clears things up. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have some questions about the story but of course no spoilers ;)

 

AFF Friends, let me take this space and time again to do a shameless plug to ask for your support. I hope you can (please) help me and my friend to win a video cooking contest. Please click on this link and like our video.  If you don't have a YouTube account or if you've already 'liked' our vid (which I'm really thankful for) then can you still click on the link to raise our views? You don't have to watch it again, you can simply open the video in a new tab then close it right after the video loads for a few seconds.lol I would really appreciate it. Komawo ^_^

 

~Comment Replies~

ColaSmackles: Haha that's so cute, it's okay ;)

Hope you enjoy this Donghae fic! ^_^

eunhaecupcake: And here's the start of mean Hae *evil laugh*

LOL That's why I tried to clear that up with the small explanation. Someone else is/ will be interested in her ;)

Oh and did you see dk8691's comment about your poster?

moonpeater: aww..thank you! Hope this satisfies your curiosity :)

anj_yesung: Your wish is my command. Here's a quick update ;)

JustWinter: Yup, they're all under one company :) Her entertainment life . debut will still be a bit far but her life will surely be entertaining from here ;)

AngelHae: Sorry for getting you a bit confused but yes, they're all from the same company :) Hope you'll enjoy Nichkhun's role here ;)

dk8691: YAY! I'm so happy you liked the first chapter ^_^ Hopefully you enjoy this second chapter as well.

So glad you loved the poster as well ;)