Fights

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Ailee - Evening Sky


As time passed, Donghae and _________ gained more and more fans that supported their relationship. Although _________ was almost always associated or labeled as ‘Lee Donghae’s girlfriend’ she was able to show to people that she didn’t cling on to his popularity, she proved that she was able to shine in her own right as an artist, she found a spotlight all on her own but still, the two shined the best when they’re together. They were the ideal couple, they had a relationship which people wished and envied to have.

 

Although they were happy most of the time, the two couldn’t escape from having bad days, it’s perfectly common for couples to have their ups and downs and let those moments make their relationship stronger, right?

 

 

__________ was so thankful to have received offers to endorse products and to be featured with other artists this early in her career.

So far, half of her projects involved working with other guys and at times that made Donghae jealous.

Just last month, _________ worked with Song Joong-ki, one of her celebrity crushes, for Fujifilm’s Instax camera line.

She had to take lots of pictures with Song Joong-ki since they needed to act like a couple for the commercial. The two were instructed by the director to do a lot of skinship so they filmed really closely together, the two hugged, fed each other, did love shots, Joong-ki carried _________, and even showed the two of them looking cozy on the bed.

__________ was relieved that Joong-ki made the effort to make things very comfortable for the two of them. He’d always talk to her in between breaks and even before they started filming. She was glad that he guided her and because of his big help and great personality, the commercial looked amazing and not a bit of awkwardness could be sensed.

Behind being the supportive boyfriend that he is, that project actually made Donghae jealous, really bad. He tried to conceal it but he wasn’t the best actor in that department, not when it is about __________.

Luckily, __________ already knows that side to Donghae and she understands him. She knows Donghae is not in a good mood once he speaks without that lively texture in his voice or when he would subtly give her the cold shoulder. All she could do was reassure him.

“Oppa…” She called him affectionately so he would relax. “He was just a crush in the past. I’d pick you any day over that flower boy. You’re the one I love so stop sulking.”

“Promise me you’ll never fall for the guys you work with. Despite my imperfections, please stay with me.” Donghae showed that he was vulnerable.

“I’m not interested in only being a temporary ‘lover’ to anyone. I’m interested in only being in love with you forever.”

 

 

Just the other week, __________ was informed by her manager that Cube entertainment wanted her to be in one of their music videos.  _________ gladly accepted the offer despite not knowing whose music video it was going to be…little did she know that she should’ve asked for more details before committing to anything.

 

 

– On the day of the shoot –

 

_________’s manager adjusted her schedule so that she can film for the music video in the morning and go to SBS later in the afternoon for her much awaited performance with Donghae. They would be pre-recording a special stage of their duet for the show’s Valentine special.

 

While getting her make-up done, __________ was finally briefed that the artists that she’d be working with would be Beast’s Doojoon and Junhyung.

__________ tried not to show it in her facial expression but deep inside she was already nervous, she started to become anxious as soon as she heard Doojoon’s name. She could still remember how he touched her inappropriately during AFF’s party more than half a year ago, that incident was something that she couldn’t simply shrug off.

 

As soon as ________ got on the set, Doojoon and Junhyung greeted her, she could read the knowing smile on Doojoon’s face, she honestly wanted to slap that smug expression off but of course she could only strangle him in her mind. _________ had no problems with Junhyung since he didn’t give her a reason to feel bad towards him.

 

The director then started explaining the concept of the music video to the three, letting them know of his plans and expectations from the artists.

Junhyung and _________ were first to be shot. They didn’t have much interaction since Junhyung would rap towards the camera most of the time while _________ would be acting in the background. The director instructed another scene for the two wherein Junhyung would sing in front of _________ while she shows the expressions that the director wants her to portray.

While Doojoon and ________ had to act like they have a love-hate relationship.

“__________ and Doojoon this will be a close-up shot so I hope it will be okay with both of you to show a different, slightly intimate side of yourselves.”

It was supposed to be only a kiss close to her lips but Doojoon improvised and kissed __________ right on the lips, and it wasn’t just a smack or a simple peck, his lips moved against hers which definitely surprised her. She is fortunate that her character needed to show a shocked expression because that truly is how she feels, even the cameraman, director and Junhyung were surprised that Doojoon acted so boldly.

Everyone was given a break after that take.

 

“You shouldn’t have kissed her like that.” Junhyung voiced out his opinion about Doojoon’s actions.

“It’s my creative input. That’s what they wanted to show with the angle anyway so I just made their jobs easier.” He replied nonchalantly.

“Doojoon, she has a boyfriend, do you think Donghae-sunbaenim would understand the fact that you stole a kiss from his girlfriend ‘for work’? I know I wouldn’t be happy if that happened to my girlfriend. You already messed with her once.”

Donghae came through the door just in time to hear about their conversation. Without any words or warning, Donghae walked straight towards Doojoon and punched him hard on the stomach, he made sure it would hurt and even bruise.

“Hyung…” Junhyung tried to protect his bandmate by going in between the two, acting like a barrier. In behalf of Doojoon, Junhyung apologized for his co-member’s wrong doing.

“Be thankful I didn’t hit your face.”

 

Donghae stormed towards the make-shift dressing room provided for ___________. She was spacing out when the sound of door slamming brought her back to reality.

Her eyes widened when she saw Donghae, it was indeed a surprise visit but what confused her is that fuming expression that he had.

“Donghae oppa, what’s wrong?” She asked as she stood up and looked worriedly at him.

“I’m pulling you out of this project. We’re leaving.” Donghae walked towards _________ and got her by the arm while he snatched her bag from the make-up table.

“What?! You can’t simply do that. We’re not yet done.”

“Oh you’re done. I refuse to let you stay here especially with that maniac Doojoon. Even though he didn’t breach anything he sure took advantage of your situation. Acting my . ” He seethed with anger.

“Wait…how did you know?” She asked, at this point she started getting antsy.

“I overheard Junhyung and Doojoon talking about you. And to think I was going to approach them nicely. I guess we’ll be both reporting each other.”

“Oh God, what did you do?” ___________ remembered how he reacted when Nichkhun mistreated her and she didn’t want to relive that.

“What did I do?! Apparently the first hit wasn’t enough since he’s still up and breathing and had the guts to violate you for the second time. I didn’t even do half the damage that he’s done to you and I swear I will work on how to keep him away from you, whether it’s with the use of a restraining order or with the use of my fists.” Donghae’s dead serious, his rage really can get the best of him.

“Can’t you calm down for a bit? I know you’re mad so you can’t think straight right now but you cannot keep hitting people even though they’re wrong, you have to take care of your image. Stop going overboard or you might get into serious trouble.” And it would all be because of her, for her.

“Are you crazy or should I take this seriously? You’re actually defending Doojoon?! Tell me, did that kiss get to you?” He narrowed his eyes at her an unbelievable tone of voice.

“Oh my God, do you think I liked it?! That I wanted that to happen!? It caught me by surprise but what could I have done?! I just stayed professional, I would have done something after, I planned to confront him outside so that I won’t compromise the rest of the staff working hard. I don’t understand why you’re getting mad at me!” She was utterly confused and honestly irritated.

“Because you didn’t defend yourself! I can’t be there for you at all times ___________. You may be a rookie in the entertainment industry but that doesn’t give anyone the right to abuse you. You can’t let anyone push you around. Haven’t you learned anything from the last time? He held you in a way that he shouldn’t have yet you didn’t do anything! That might as well give him the go signal that you’re interested, that you’re okay with what he does.” Donghae slammed her bag back down on the table out of frustration.

“You’ve got to be kidding me with your accusations. I can’t believe you.” He was not doing a good job of cheering her up if that’s what he came there for. “You’re acting like the old you…the one I hated.” She muttered. He kept accusing her and it really offended her and she reached her breaking point.

In the past, she knew that the way he treated and talked to her coldly was just a façade but then right now it seemed like he was acting the same way for different reasons.

“Yeah, well I can say the same thing. You’re acting like such a naïve girl.”

________ sighed and bit her inner cheek to prevent herself from speaking back. She tried to hold herself back form speaking words out of anger. Like they say, don’t speak when you’re angry or you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.

“If you’re going to act this way then maybe we should just let each other cool off, let’s just cancel our duet performance later and move it to a later date since we might not give our best anyway in this condition.” How could they perform with a lovely atmosphere in front of couples for Valentine’s when they’re both mad at each other?

“Do you want to cancel our relationship too?” He blurted before he could have even processed his words, clearly he wasn’t thinking before speaking. The heat of the moment got to him.

_________ let out a defeated look on her face. Was she hearing correctly? Did Donghae just suggest breaking up?

“I never thought you’d even say anything remotely close to that…” ________ let go of the tears that welled up in her eyes. He just managed to break her heart.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, I just - ” Donghae tried to take his words back.

“No, the fact that you decided to say it out loud means you considered it but fine that’s your choice.”

Right now all that was in the air was tension and not that burning love they’ve gotten used to that let them glow.

_________ got her bag and walked past Donghae, he spoke up right when she placed her hand on the door knob.

“Take one more step and I’ll take that as you asking me to stop protecting you which I find very hard to do. You’re asking for the impossible _________.”

_________ subtly looked over her shoulder yet her gaze remained down on the ground as she replied with a shaky voice. “How can your protect me when you’re the one who keeps on hurting me.”

 

__________ wiped her tears away as she walked towards the ladies room. She had her head hung low and because of that she bumped into someone on the hallway. ___________ was about to apologize when the buff person spoke first.

“Trouble in paradise?” Doojoon asked with a smirk, he still acted so cocky as if Donghae’s beating wasn’t enough.

If looks could kill, Doojoon would have died on the spot. __________ had enough so she decided to just go for it. She walked closer to Doojoon and with all her might and anger, slapped him with the back of her hand, her knuckles hitting his cheek strongly thus making him take a few staggered steps.

“You have no idea how amazing that feels. That’s what you get for being such an , you deserve it.”

 

 


 

Everyone wanted drama so here it is!! *evil laugh* Hope you enjoyed this. Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Feed me your wants / ideas and I might just spoil you lovely people ;) 

 

Wanna see my random, quirky(?) awkward side? LOL: Click here

 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend <3