Good Night

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

Everything is Pretty  - Sunhwa & Youngjae


 

“Hello?” Donghae’s smooth voice resounded in the room after ________ put her phone on loudspeaker so Boa could hear their talk as well…after all she’s gathering energy and encouragement from her unnie.

“Hi, it’s me _________.”

“Hey, is everything okay??” Donghae asked, obviously worriedly. He was already traumatized with that one incident wherein she called him and needed help. Like the last time, he’s willing to drop everything in an instant.

“Yeah, I’m okay so you can relax.” She was moved that Donghae sounded like he really cared for her.

“I just wanted…well I realized I never got to properly thank you for helping me out with my album and with everything actually.” ________ couldn’t believe she got tongue-tied in the beginning. “So how about I treat you out for dinner tomorrow night? That’s if you’re free.” She looked at Boa while she asked, Boa put her thumbs up and mouthed that she was doing good.

“Ayyy…are you asking me out?” Donghae .

“Oh please Lee Donghae, I know you, you’re probably squirming and grinning uncontrollably in your seat like a teenage boy.” _________ widened her eyes and looked at Boa who just couldn’t contain herself from commenting. She mouthed ‘What?’ as if she didn’t know what she did wrong.

“Was that Boa?! Wait…did she put you up to this ___________?” Now Donghae started to feel skeptical. His mood suddenly went down, he thought she really wanted to start over with him. He was ecstatic when she called him first and asked him out, he thought that maybe she was considering him ‘romantically’ now but the moment he heard Boa’s voice he changed that notion to maybe a ‘pity date’ or to clear things with him to stay professional and stay friends. He never realized how insecure and clingy he became when it comes to her.

“What? No!” _________ denied his accusations.

“Don’t play with me here. Is she forcing you?” Donghae slumped down on his bed and rubbed his face with his palm. He was now embarrassed that Boa may have acted on her own to help him by using some of her tactics on __________. She was acting like his ‘wingwoman’.

“I’m sorry she can be pretty persuasive and stubborn. You don’t have to listen to her. Boa, I’ll deal with you later.”

_________ cut his rambling off to explain herself. “Listen, I was the one who really wanted to talk to you. Boa unnie is only supporting me to actually act on what I’m afraid to start to do, believe what you want. I’ll be at the Black Canyon restaurant at 6pm. I’ll be waiting so it’s up to if you want to show up.” She immediately ended the call to let her words sink in and to make him feel that she is dead serious about her intention to meet up with him.

 

 

Boa called Donghae up as soon as she got back to her apartment. She knew she needed to clear things up or else Donghae won’t be able to sleep because of the numerous questions that’ll be popping up in his mind.

“This is your chance Lee Donghae, don’t ruin tomorrow night.” She warned him in advance right after he picked her call up.

Donghae asked Boa why she and _________ were together and what she told her about him.

“I’m scared that we won’t get past what happened.” Donghae voiced out after hearing everything that Boa had to say.

“Your mistakes can be corrected and the way I see it, she’s not dwelling about those things anymore. She’s not the type to hold a grudge. You explained that you acted out of love and care.” She tried to lift his spirits up.

“It’s still no excuse.” It was still eating him up. He feels like he hasn’t done enough to make things right.

“You showed your heart Hae, just like my song, you did it for love. Stop doubting yourself or better yet, prove yourself wrong, prove to her that you’re a keeper. Trust yourself and do what you can to make things work and be worth it in the end. I know you Donghae. When you focus on one thing, you give it your all, just like a dog with a bone”

“Wow…great analogy. Thanks for that.” He sarcastically said but ended up laughing.

“Oh you know what I mean.”

“Thanks Boa, what would I do without you?”

“I ask myself the same thing. You’d probably be going crazy.” She laughed and continued to give him a pep-talk before ending the call. “You need to sleep now. You still have a date tomorrow. Don’t let me down and don’t forget to tell me all about it when we meet up! Hwaiting!” Boa cheered for him like a crazy fangirl. Is she going to be the president of the fanclub of these two? Are they becoming her OTP?

 

-The Next Night-

 

__________ ordered a drink first while waiting for Donghae to arrive…that’s if he will come.

She had different scenarios running through her mind. She tried to stop looking at her watch and at the door, she didn’t want to look like she was obviously impatiently waiting for someone.

_________ covered as she gasped when she saw who brought her Thai Iced Tea to the table.

“Lee Donghae at your service.” He gave _________ the drink she ordered from the waiter earlier. He intercepted it when he saw he was making his to way towards her table.

“I didn’t think you’d show up.” She was surprised but definitely relieved and happy.

“I didn’t think you were serious. I decided to take the risk since I had nothing scheduled for tonight anyway.” Lies! Donghae begged his manager to reschedule one of his radio interviews, dearly hoping that this ‘date’ would give them that much needed progress to step it up a notch in their ‘growing relationship’.

“What would you have done if I wasn’t here then?” She asked out of curiosity.

“Well…I’d march up to your place and demand for an explanation and for you to compensate me.” Donghae tried to keep a serious look but broke out laughing while removing his coat and then placed it behind his chair.

“Do you always dress up nicely when taking a risk?” ________ asked with an amused expression. She noticed how Donghae coolly styled himself.

“I would have seen you either way so I might as well look good. At least I’ll be in style even if I got ditched.” He joked some more and he succeeding in breaking the ice.

“Let’s order?” Donghae took charge and called the attention of the nearest waitress once they were ready.

Fortunately they didn’t have any dead air. The conversation went on smoothly, not a hint of awkwardness could be sensed.

“Mmmm…it’s tender like me.” Donghae said in appreciation of his dish. _________ coughed as she choked a bit on her food because of Donghae’s remark.

He was making her smile and laugh more than usual with his witty and humorous remarks.

“Would you ever write a song for me?” She asked out of nowhere. It was a random question that popped up in her mind and he wanted to test Donghae with it.

“Maybe...maybe not.” He answered half-heartedly.

“Oh…” She muttered and tried to hide her instinct to pout by just sipping from her drink. Not to sound egotistic or anything but she thought that Donghae would say yes right away to show that he’s willing to do that to prove his affection but what he gave her was a disheartening answer. ‘Maybe I’m not worth the trouble.’ She thought sadly.

“I’d prioritize writing one about you first.” Donghae followed up, he intentionally paused to create a bit of suspense. __________ looked up from her food and saw how Donghae gazed at her so lovingly making her face down her food again to hide her blush.

 

After settling the bill, the two left the restaurant and walked over to Donghae’s car that was parked not too far from the restaurant.

As they walked, _________ looked at the bright lights that illuminated the streets, the holidays are over but the decorations are still there which delighted both of them. It was very pleasing to the eyes.

“It’s winter. You shouldn’t sacrifice comfort over fashion.” Donghae told _________ and before she could even turn her head to look at him and reply, he already put his coat over her shoulders.

“What if you get sick? I don’t want you to get sick ever again, okay? Not on my watch.” Donghae squeezed her shoulders and rubbed her arms over the cloth.

“You’re taking advantage of this moment!” She teased as she playfully elbowed him. “You’re enjoying this aren’t you?” She acted like she eyed him suspiciously.

“Very much!” He grinned, not even attempting to hide his feelings.

We all know Donghae’s not the only one enjoying, right?

 

 

“I had an amazing fun time.” Donghae tried prolonging their goodbye. He drove _________ back to her apartment and walked with her until they reached the front of her pad.

“I did too. Thanks for paying for dinner even if I was the one who asked you out.” _________ insisted in treating him and if not, at least to go Dutch but Donghae just wouldn’t take her money.

“I told you, I’m the man and you’re my date, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Oh how he wish he could say ‘I’m your man.’

“So…good night?” He said it in a way that she wasn’t sure if that was his ‘good night’ way of saying goodbye or if he was asking if she had a good night.

“Good night.” She answered back with a smile, in any case it works in either situation. “Take care on your way home. I’m going in now…” _________ slowly turned around to open her door. She gave Donghae one last (and awkward) wave to bid him farewell.

As soon as the door was shut, _________ leaned her back against it bit her lower lip, smiling down, happy with how things went on their ‘date’? Change that confused tone, it wasn’t just a simple dinner meet-up anymore, it was clearly a date that she enjoyed immensely.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side, Donghae just continued to stay there in front of her apartment.

He started pacing back and forth, thinking about something important. ‘Should I do it? Should I not? Will it be okay?’

After 5 torturous minutes Donghae decided to just go for it and rang the doorbell. He forced himself to keep his feet planted on the ground instead of running to hide.

_________, who was still daydreaming in her living room, rushed to the door wondering again who could be at her door at this hour.

She had a look of confusion on her face when she saw Donghae standing in front of her. She wondered if she had something of his that he forgot and came back for.

“I wasn’t able to say sweet dreams.” Donghae softly spoke and then stepped closer to ________ and leaned towards her, his lips just a few inches away from hers.

__________ couldn’t think straight, she froze and her body just naturally reacted, her eyes fluttered out of nervousness and surprise. She felt his hands on her face and in just a matter of seconds Donghae’s lips went far from her lips and instead he planted a kiss on her forehead before giving another light peck to her cheek…his sweet, lovely and innocent way of letting her know that he truly adores her. He thought he could go with his initial plan of kissing her on the lips but he was scared that she’ll think he’s aggressive and impatient. He wanted her consent, he’d want her eyes to be closed and for her to kiss him back without any hesitations…he wanted their first kiss to bring them both mind-blowing feelings.

“I just really had to do that to complete the night. It’s been driving me crazy.” Donghae said with an airy voice.

__________ opened a bit with the intention to reply but she was currently speechless, even if it’s just from a small act.

Well that finished their date on a strong note, didn’t it?

 

 

I hope you’re not mad.’ Donghae fidgeted as he waited for her reply to his text message. He’s not sorry he kissed her, he’s just sorry if she didn’t like it.

Sweet dreams ^^’ That reply was enough for Donghae to kick his feet and pump his fist in the air

 


 

Did I make them look so shy and innocent here?haha

Used Black Canyon since I ate there yesterday because I craved for some Pad Thai & Thai Iced Tea!! Missed Thai food!

This update is slightly long…right?haha well even if it isn’t I hope you still all enjoyed.

Can you feel that this story is ending soooon? *_*

Well I think there’s about 3-5 chapters left :|

 

Hope the New Year is treating you all well.

Just posted a new story featuring Jaejoong & Yoochun + an OC…so I  hope do check it out.