Again with the sudden change

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

Miss A - If I Were A Boy


As a part of her everyday routine as a trainee, ________ entered the company building early in the morning. She just finished having breakfast with the girls at their dorm and is now prepared to take on the day.

She checked her first schedule for today, which is vocal practice.

She has yet to warm-up her voice in advance but knowing Donghae, he’d warm up with her so at least it was something they could do together that would benefit both of them as singers.

_________ stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw a different person inside the room she was supposed to be in.

Thinking that she made a mistake by walking into the wrong one, _________ quickly apologized and turned around, she was about to exit the room when the guy called her name out.

“You’re at the right place. I’m Shim Changmin, your new vocal coach and mentor.” He introduced himself calmly.

She turned around swiftly and tilted her head to the side as a sign of her confusion.

“Why was Donghae sunbaenim replaced?” She immediately asked, forgetting that she has yet to properly introduce herself to her senior even though it’s obvious that he already knows her.

“Technically he was not replaced.”

“So you’re a substitute?”

“Not exactly, Donghae moved you to me.” Changmin informed ________ which earned him a wide-eyed reaction. “You seem so surprised? Did he not tell you he would re-assign you to somebody else?”

She shook her head from left to right in response.

“I see…” This seems to have sparked some interest for Changmin. Why would Donghae move her in the first place and then be secretive about it? He feels that it could only be two things: a, either she has a prima donna attitude and disrespected him, or b, he has acted early to avoid having any conflict of interest. Either way, it was intriguing.

“Do you know why he transferred me to you?” _________ asked, truly curious as to why this happened. Why wasn’t she informed in advance? But more importantly, why was she moved in the first place?

“He gave me a vague answer but I think it’s only Donghae that really knows the reason why.” Donghae also mentioned to Changmin that he wanted to request ________ to be moved from under Nichkhun’s care but since it involves someone else, he would need to talk and ask permission from a higher person and needs to have a legit reason as to why…but Donghae didn’t have that resolution, at least not yet anyway.

“Oh…”

“Don’t be so disappointed, you can ask Boa how I helped her so you can trust me and see how good I am.” Changmin redirected her attention from Donghae to himself knowing that they won’t get anywhere if they continue with the questions that they don’t have the true answers to. Even Changmin is curious but he knows Donghae, he doesn’t act rashly unless he is serious, and besides Changmin’s not the gossiping type so he just wanted to focus at the task at hand.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. I don’t question your authority or your great talent, the change just caught me off guard.” She bowed and apologized again. Of course she is familiar with Shim Changmin, he has a vocal range that many people adore and aspire to have.

“Now that we are somewhat over that awkward stage, let’s move on and get started. Donghae has already informed me of your background and vocal style...” Changmin started to get to work while _________ tried to shake the questions out of her mind to focus on this session. She didn’t want to give any more bad impression and they already wasted valuable time because of her questions.

 

Just when she thought that her relationship with Donghae has gotten better and comfortable, he does a shocking act with simply passing her off to someone and that really made her wonder. She tried to satisfy herself first with the thought that maybe Donghae’s just too busy with his new album since she did hear that they’re at the last stage of completing it.

 

At the end of the day, __________ and the rest of the girls were exhausted since they were taught a new choreography, not a cover but their first actual, original dance as a group. They have already recorded a song and now learned a dance to serve as their intro for their showcase and first debut stages on air, it seems like their debut day is just around the corner even though the reality is that is still months away.

On their way out of the practice room, _________ saw Donghae on the other end of the hallway. She excused herself from the girls and walked towards the man that got her mind so pre-occupied.

As a sign of respect _________ greeted Donghae formally but then she only got a curt nod from him before he walked off to go to his manager. This seemed like a deja-vu moment since it reminded her of that time in the cafeteria but back then he completely ignored her.

She wasn’t able to ask the questions she’s been meaning to ask, instead, more questions arose because of this ‘strange’ encounter. Was he just having a bad day or did something happen that changed things between them again?

In the past, that cold attitude of Donghae simply irritated and pissed her off but now, ________ felt confused and hurt. She actually felt some pain thinking that he was able to disregard her so fast. Not only was she physically tired, she also felt like her emotions were put on a rollercoaster today.

 

 

On the other end, Donghae also does not know what is happening to him.

Does his latest perplexing action show that he already decided on what to do, on how he would act on his feelings?

 

It looks like another sleepless night…for both of them.