Breaking News

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

 

Did a power couple just break up?

Idol couple now separated?!

Sweet last month now single this month?

 

Various online websites had similar headlines circulating on the world wide web and they were pertaining to only one couple.

 

It all started when _________ was spotted eating Jajangmyun on Black Day, a ‘common’ or ‘traditional’ thing done only by single women or men on the 14th of April.

Pictures of her eating the said noodle dish at a restaurant on that day caused a big scandal. She was actually with her previous ‘Ceci’ members as they spent a day together to catch up with each other. Their close friendship didn’t seem to stand out that time, the spotlight was on ________ eating Jajangmyun, that made reporters and fans to speculate like mad on the net, reactions and opinions poured like crazy.

‘Fans’ added fuel to the fire when they wrote their own fan-accounts about seeing Donghae going out of AFF looking gloomy. He walked quickly to his car wearing dark shades and his hoodie up, his movements made it seem like he didn’t want to be seen and was not in the mood to socialize or interact. Fans immediately posted their comments, saying that maybe that is his post-breakup mood or that his look made it seem like he was down and that actually made ________’s image bad.

‘Why is Donghae oppa sad while she can just go out and eat casually?’

‘Is she announcing to the world the status of their ‘relationship’?’

‘He looks heartbroken. I feel like she wronged oppa.’

‘Well Donghae can look like he can be a playboy. She’s still a rookie singer so this can be good for her, she can focus on her music more.’

 

You want to know the real reason now?

Donghae was actually feeling under the weather. He was down with the colds yet he continued to practice for his concert, apparently his fans ignored the fact that they all know that ‘their oppa’ is working hard in preparation for his tour.

“Care to explain?” __________’s manager asked as he informed and showed __________ of what people have been talking about.

_________ was very surprised after going through a number of articles, she felt everything was absurd.

“I just wanted to eat. Is that a crime?” She responded innocently. “How was I supposed to remember that date? I already have songs, new lyrics, enough birthdays, national holidays and now our anniversary to remember. I can’t be bothered with those trivial days.” _________ exasperatedly said.

She actually got upset at how people quickly jumped to conclusions.

 

 

The agencies were asked for their statements but both denied giving out any official word, saying

‘We have nothing (new) to say.’ What they said is actually true and direct yet that confused people all the more.

 

 

Later that night _________ logged-in on her social networking sites, usually she would check her mentions because she does appreciate the support of her fans and even the constructive criticisms, but tonight she just avoided checking her mentions from fans and anti’s and other strangers since they are just bombarding her questions, there were those who comforted her while some even had the nerve to actually tweet her stating how happy and relieved they are that she wasn’t with Donghae anymore.

“No drama please. I just wanted to eat. I didn’t know it would be a big issue. Don’t worry.” She wrote on her twitter to try to somewhat address the issue yet people still didn’t believe her.

Just then _________ got a direct message from her one and only sweetheart, just seeing his name pop-up made her smile.  She wondered if word already got to him about their supposed split. She hasn’t contacted him since she left her phone at her place.

“Let’s break up.” Simple. Abrupt. Straight to the point.

“What the –” __________ raised her eyebrow upon reading that tweet. Just before she can formulate other thoughts or theories to understand his tweet, her phone alerted her of a new text message.

“Babe I’m so tired and I still have terrible colds *sniff sniff* wish you were with me, need you by my side now. Miss and love you.” sweet text message, a very opposite approach to what she just read.

_________ was utterly perplexed, she didn’t know what to think and she didn’t want any negative thoughts to linger in her mind anymore so she decided to get down to the problem and call Donghae.

Instead of saying ‘Hello.’ _________ greeted Donghae with “Are you breaking up with me?”

“WHAT?! Where did you get that? Did you not read that I love you in my text message?” To say that Donghae was shocked would be an understatement.

“You tweeted me.”

“I haven’t logged in yet for today. Don’t tell me I’ve been hacked again?!” He sounded irritated in the last bit.

“Again?? You want me to change your password now?” __________ didn’t ask about the tweet anymore because obviously he wasn’t the one behind that message. No need to be skeptical or doubtful.

“Yeah babe, can you please? I have no access to the computer now.”

“Sure babe. What’s your password?” Yes, the two actually didn’t share their online account details until now. They trust each other enough not to snoop around in their social networking sites.

“It’s my birthday.”

“Oh are you serious? What was your previous password?”

“My debut date.”

“No wonder you get hacked often.” _________ shook her head at her boyfriend’s ‘simple-mindedness’.

“Should I change it to our anniversary date? Or our names combined?”

“Aigoo, you need to be cleverer than that. Haven’t you learned yet oppa? Netizens are creepily wise in figuring things out. Really creepy and ridiculous at times.” She rolled her eyes as she remembered the events earlier.

_________ then explained to Donghae what has been going on and the two talked about it, she vented out her frustrations while Donghae did the same and also did his best in making his woman feel better.

After sorting that problem out, the couple continued to talk about other happier things. Even though they were just conversing through a video call, it still did wonders as it instantly made them feel a whole lot better.

There’s always going to be people who will attempt to tear them apart but all they can do is try to fail because these two love birds are determined to stay together.

“So how is everything going? Ready for your big day?”

“I can’t wait for the tour to start. We’ve been rehearsing nonstop.” Donghae pouted and brought his phone closer to his face to show his girlfriend his dark circles.

“Aww…my poor oppa. I’m certain everyone will love your concert and they’ll see how hard you worked. I’ll give you a pat on the head just like how I pet our little one.” _________ then lifted the puppy, yes the same stray cute dog they saw last time and kept, so that Donghae can bask in its cuteness.

“We’re pushing through with meeting up tomorrow, right?” __________ asked as she continued to play with their dog on her lap.

“Of course, being away from you for a week feels like a year. We’ll debunk those rumors and show those haters how our love is still going strong. We’ll kill them with our sweetness”


 

The next chapter will probably be the ‘revelation’ chapter. ;) We’ll see…

Working on my other stories now as well as a new one that I’m kinda excited to post (after I finish this one that is).

Hope you all are still enjoying the couple's journey ^_^