Who Knew?

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

“We all called you here today because of an important matter. One of you went behind our backs and used the recording room without any permission or guidance.” One of the head supervisors announced as he made a surprise visit to the trainees who are in the practice room.

________ tried to keep her composure but her eyes made contact with Nichkhun wherein he showed a poker face expression.

A CD was handed over to Leeteuk and he then inserted it in the stereo system.

________’s heart beat accelerated as soon as she heard her auto-tuned voice playing on the speakers. She prayed hard that no one would recognize nor hear a hint of her voice.

“Would anyone care to confess and explain?” Leeteuk asked a loud for everyone to hear.

The guys and the girls just looked at each other, clueless as to who the mystery person is.

“Since no one is admitting anything then we might as well tell you that one of the produces actually liked the lyrics and melody of this demo song and because of that, we are not going to investigate too much to find out who is behind this. Let this incident serve as a warning to all of you.”

After that breaking news, everyone went back to their own business. They continued with their training but speculated about who is behind that voice and how he or she was able to commit that act.

 

_______ casually walked out of the room so she won’t be noticed acting strange by the others. She was desperate to have a breath of fresh air. She looked for Nichkhun but when she did find him she wasn’t able to talk to him because he was handling another trainee at the moment.

She just went to the bathroom to calm herself and splashed water on her face.

After trying to clear her mind and fixing herself, she walked back to the practice room.

She turned at the corner of the hallway and was just a minute away from her destination when a voice spoke behind her.

“I got you little runaway.”

A startled ________ turned around and saw Donghae leaning against the wall.

Donghae then formed one of his hands into a shape of a gun and made a shooting motion with it.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” _______ raised her eyebrow at him, not caring whether her actions would seem like she’s disrespecting a senior, he’s not acting like how a sunbae should act anyway.

“It means that I know what you did. I know it’s you ________.”  He confronted her while she tried to keep an expressionless face.

“What made you come to that conclusion? Or will you always just blame me for things because you don’t like me?” _______ crossed her arms over her chest. 

Donghae scoffed and walked towards her. “It’s your lyrics. I saw them before when you showed me your notebook filled with song compositions.” Donghae made _______ remember that day wherein she shared some of her original songs with him and asked for his opinion and advice.

“What I don’t get is why you didn’t claim the good work even after hearing that they liked your song?”

“I would still get reprimanded for breaking the rules.” _______ answered back, she knew there was no use in denying or lying.

“I see…so you still have yet to grow a back bone. I wonder if you’ll ever have the courage to take responsibility and stand your ground.”

“Why do keep treating me like this?! I still can’t understand how you can be so angry at me for something that I have no control over. Will you always take it out on me because you don’t approve? Because I’m starting to really lose it with you only treating me differently? What out about the other girls? They’re training for the same thing.” _______ couldn’t hold it in anymore and honestly told Donghae the feelings she’s been harboring from the day that he started to mistreat her.

 

“You want to know why? It’s because that’s what they really want. They actually want to do all the cutesy pop act. They want to dance and sing and I support them because they wanted that image from day one. How about you? You just follow orders like a robot. I watched your audition ________, I heard what you had to say and it’s very different from the offer that you blindly accepted. I don’t like people who can’t speak up. Conforming is easy, but being different takes bravery and conviction, two traits which I think you don’t have.”

 

And with that, Donghae walked past _________ without waiting for her reply to defend herself.

________ spaced out in the empty corridor as Donghae’s words hit her hard. 

 


 

Just a quick-short update that I hope you all enjoyed ^_^
I'm thinking of making the guys of BEAST show up in a future chapter ;) 
 
Thank you to everyone who put up with my request and viewed & liked the video ♥♥♥. The cooking contest ended already and we'll know the results on teh 17th *fingers crossed*
 
~Comment Replies~
fishyfangirl: Yes, poor Hae is tired of always being solo.haha 
Now you know who heard the song and Dongahae's reaction ;) 
 
AFF still goes offline a few times but it doesn't last that long anymore, hopefully no more trouble. 
Hopefully I do get to see you on WedneSiHaeday ♥♥♥
JustWinter: Donghae's reaction on Nichkhun being nice to her or him reacting to something else, like the one in this update? :) 
Thank you ^_^ 
fishydarlene: Yes yes yes ;) Hope you'll enjoy it 
anj_yesung: Hmm...Khun does seem too spend too much time with her ;) 
Here's a quick but short update :)
Thank you :) Hope you're safe as well