Mystery...revealed?

The Uncomfortable Truth, Behind The Music

LunaFly - SuperHero (Eng Ver) 

There's also a Korean version of this song (How Nice Would It Be) that maybe seems to flow better but the meaning of the songs aren't the same. The English one seems very fitting for this chapter & the next one.


 

_________ started to work in the recording booth only a month after her transfer. The seniors and producers said that she didn’t need to be trained anymore since they knew how her training history with AFF. Based on the talent and skills that she’s been showing them, they agreed to just guide her along the way when do they encounter some obstacles. She was so comfortable and in the zone when she started to prepare for her first official album.

Two of her self-composed songs already got approved and just needed some minor changes which she accepted without a problem.

She was surprised as to how fast things were happening. She knows that this is such a good opportunity for her, and even a better way of distracting herself. Maybe getting the boot from AFF is a blessing in disguise after all.

Thinking back about that day still stings her heart. Although she is being distracted in such a good way, she still hasn’t fully recovered and moved on…that guy still haunts her mind and her heart. It’s crazy how she has a million of feelings and thoughts only for one guy. It’s crazy, right? But even _________ can’t completely say what she feels for him. Is it hate? Is it love? Is it both? For now she just knows that he does things to her that she can’t explain…it’s somewhat an extreme emotional rollercoaster.

 

She busied herself with co-producing her first single, perfecting the main track that she would be debuting with and promoting. The company really gave her control in creating her own art, she was so hands-on and it actually scared her. What if the company trusted her too much? What if she’ll be the reason for her own downfall? Again they reassured her, it was important for them for her to show her soul, her true colors for her first song because that would also determine how people will take her. Although she was a bit pressured to show a great image and give her best in her work, ________ wasn’t really stressed or felt like she was over-worked, she loved her job and she has dreamt of accomplishing this goal ever since she could remember, She endured a lot for this moment. This was only the start. What more when she finally takes on the stage. She was still holding her breath for that yet this time she’s more confident, she can see the spotlight.

 

Three tracks were done and only one is missing.

In the midst of perfecting her teasers, _________ was suddenly asked if she was open in doing duets, in which she replied yes to without a doubt.

“Well we recently got a song sent in. The one who sent it specifically requested for you to sing it, that’s if you like it. Maybe that’s the missing piece to your album.”

“Sure. I’d love to hear it.” ________ smiled, wondering how she already attracted attention for a duet when she hasn’t even debuted yet. Whoever it is, she’s just happy and game to collab with artists who think she’s good enough to work with.

“Great. Just go to the recording room after your profile shoot and we’ll play it for you.”

 

__________ wore the provided headphones and closed her eyes before pressing play on the laptop. A beautiful melody brought by a piano greeted her ears before a smooth voice coming from a guy soothed her mind. He has a voice that can totally make you let out a dreamy sigh.

_________ tried to imagine who the voice may belong to. She was close to picturing whose voice it is but something distracted her from getting the full visualization.

‘Hold on…the lyrics and the rhythm seems very familiar.’ ________’s brows furrowed as she studied the lyrics by listening intently to the song. Her eyes shot open when she finally realized that the main reason why she recognized those were it’s because they were her very own lyrics! She wrote that song being sung to her!

‘What is going on? Is this some sort of joke or am I actually being plagiarized??’ She thought, perplexed by the whole situation.

That was the song she first lost, the one she sung in the recording room with Nichkhun and got caught.

“Who wrote this song?”

“The sender didn’t say anything much but this came with the CD.” The producer handed over a small envelope where the CD was incased in.

‘Music By:’ was left blanked yet her initials were put under ‘Composed By:”

Clearly this person knows who she is and what she did…as far as she knows only two people know that it was her who that song belonged to.

Now this didn’t answer any of her questions, it just confused her more.

She is somewhat sure that whoever returned her song to her is the one responsible for her move to Fluxus. But didn’t they say that it was a song proposal for a duet? So does that mean that she’s actually going to finally meet whoever is behind all of this is?

“So what do you think _________? Did you like the song? Are you up for the collaboration?”

“Is the sender the same guy as the one singing?” The producer only nodded, only knowing that much.

“When is the soonest time we can set up a meeting with this person?”

“Wow. I’m happy to see your eagerness. I’ll get right on it.”

 

 

__________ was dropped off by her new manager at a coffee shop not too far from Fluxus. Today’s the fateful day that she gets to meet the person responsible for sending her song back to her…and most likely the one behind her move to Fluxus, the one that’s been immensely helping her out. It’s time she gives credit, it’s only right that she thanks the person and show appreciation.

__________ tapped her fingers against the table, her eyes often staring at the café’s entrance, wondering when her curiosity will be satisfied. Who will walk in through that door that will quickly register to her brain and make her think ‘Ah…so he’s the one.’

She was imagining different scenarios when suddenly the door opened and the cheerful greetings from the guard and baristas startled her.

She blinked her eyes to see if her vision was messing up with her but things were clear.

“Nichkhun??” The guy  too seemed shocked when he saw _________ and the fact that she called out to him first despite how they last left things off.

“You?” She asked with confusion written all over her face. Was she surprised disappointed? But how could she be when she had no clue who it’d be, right? Maybe she was wishfully thinking for someone else. Was she dearly hoping it would be somebody else…perhaps the guy that’s been running on her mind?

“Yeah…it’s me?” Nichkun replied with an equal amount of doubt in his tone. “How are you __________?” Nichkhun walked closer to ________’s table to talk to her better.

“I’m doing good. How about you?” _______ asked as she let the realization sink in.

“Same old same old. I heard about your move to Fluxus. Congrats on that.” Nichkhun began to do some small talk.

“Thank you.”

“So…is it okay that I buy an Americano first and join you back here?” He asked hesitatingly, unsure if he’ll come off strong.

“Sure, go ahead.” She smiled at him.

“Do you want anything? My treat.” He showed that charismatic side of his.

“No, I’m all good. Thanks.”

_________ went back to pondering to herself while Nichkhun lined up to buy his drink.

 

“I don’t know how to start this…but I really am sorry for what I did to you in the past. I wronged you, my mistakes were big and I know no words can ever express how sorry I am. I hope one day you can forgive me.” Nichkhun didn’t beat around the bush and sincerely apologized to _________. He’s been meaning to do that yet didn’t know how to approach her first, scared that she might still be mad at him.

“It’s okay…It’s already in the past. Let’s move on from it.” She answered back, seriously meaning it. Nichkhun not a bad guy, he just had his bad moments.

“Thank you. You don’t know how much that lightens up my heart. Anyway, what are you doing here?” He hoped that this could be the start in patching up with her.

“What do you mean? Aren’t we supposed to meet?” She tilted her head to the side and looked at him puzzled.

“Huh? We were? I had no idea. I just came in here with the intention of taking a break from work and sipping on some good coffee.” He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

“Wait…so you’re not here because you were the one who wanted to do a duet with me?”

“Don’t get me wrong ________, I would love to do a duet with you but I haven’t done anything to contact you yet because I was still ashamed. I thought it was just pure coincidence that we met.” He had no idea what was happening.

“You didn’t send me anything through Fluxus? You didn’t help me get in Fluxus?” She asked again, questions arouse as she became more and more bemused.

“Nope, I wish I did though.”

“So if you’re not the one behind all of it then who is?” She thought this little game of hide and seek was still not over…but she thought wrong.

“I am.” A different voice answered. __________ turned to look behind her back and there she saw the man that’s been acting as her guardian angel. parted, as if she was ready to say something yet no words came out.

Turns out that _________ didn’t see him enter because she was already preoccupied with Nichkhun’s company while he just stood somewhere near yet still out of the their sight, he waited awkwardly, trying to find the perfect time to cut in and at the same moment, he took time to admire her. God he missed her. He was irritated with himself that he came in late…being the guy he should’ve been the one that arrived earlier to wait for __________.  He manned up but still lacked a small percentage to complete his courage.

“Hi…” Donghae softly said, his voice almost coming out as a whisper as he smiled softly at her.

“I guess that’s my cue to leave. Good luck with everything _________, I truly wish you the best. I hope to see you around again.” Nichkhun softly patted ________’s hand before nodding towards Donghae, acknowledging his presence. Nichkhun and Donghae’s relationship was also deeply troubled after what happened. The two steered clear from each other’s paths.

Donghae walked slowly to sit on the chair Nichkhun was occupying earlier. She stared at him as he settled down on his seat. She then looked down on her now empty cup when Donghae looked up at her after wiping his slightly sweaty palms on his lap.

Numerous thoughts raced through their minds, their hearts beating faster than usual.

This is it.

Revelation time.

 


 

Just another quick update ;) Did I leave you guys with a cliffhanger?

I think the next chapter is what everyone has been waiting for ^_^